Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson Daniels shooting threes at nba combine. Looked impressive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/draftexpr...33530932346881

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 pick buzz huh... good...that could push Murray or Mathurin lower...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 pick buzz huh... good...that could push Murray or Mathurin lower...
    yeah, i'm trying to figure out who daniels would bump out of the top five. my guess would be sharpe or ivey, who would both go before mathurin but not necessarily before murray.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot was even't touching the rim. But yeah, who is he pushing down? I'd have to think Keegan Murray, but probably not to 9. But yeah, if so, given the domino effect , maybe Mathurin would still be around at 9 in this hypothetical scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i'm trying to figure out who daniels would bump out of the top five. my guess would be sharpe or ivey, who would both go before mathurin but not necessarily before murray.
    i really think the top 8 is not set, the only sure thing is that holmgren smith banchero and ivey will be top 4-5, other than that eveything is possible.

Imo Murray will slide.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 05-24-2022 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it last week that I predict Daniels will be gone by the time we pick. He goes top 7 imo. NOLA at 8 is where things get juicy. Mathurin would likely be their target imo. They need another off-ball shooter and he provides just that, along with great athleticism. Johnny Davis and AJ Griffin are also potential targets there. Gotta think it’d be one of those 3. Should be interesting.

My top-10 prediction right now:

1. HOU — Chet Holmgren
    2. OKC — Jabari Smith Jr.
    3. HOU — Paulo Banchero
    4. SAC — Jaden Ivey
    5. DET — Keegan Murray
    6. IND — Shaedon Sharpe
    7. POR — Dyson Daniels
    8. NOL — Ben Mathurin
    9. SAS — Jeremy Sochan
    10. WAS — Johnny Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First pick was supposed to say ORL*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it last week that I predict Daniels will be gone by the time we pick. He goes top 7 imo. NOLA at 8 is where things get juicy. Mathurin would likely be their target imo. They need another off-ball shooter and he provides just that, along with great athleticism. Johnny Davis and AJ Griffin are also potential targets there. Gotta think it’d be one of those 3. Should be interesting.

1. HOU — Chet Holmgren
    3. HOU — Paulo Banchero
    4. SAC — Jaden Ivey
    5. DET — Keegan Murray
    6. IND — Shaedon Sharpe
    7. POR — Dyson Daniels
    8. NOL — Ben Mathurin
    9. SAS — Jeremy Sochan
    10. WAS — Johnny Davis
    There's a good chance Sacramento & Detroit don't make their picks. But if they do, I'd swich 1&2 and 5&6, but other than that yours is a very sound scenario. Daniels seems like a good complement to Lillard, helping them on defense while not needing him to be a threat from 3. Mathurin to NO seems like a good fit with his outside shooting and ability to contribute right away, we get that big 3/4 we're longing, and Davis to Washington would seem reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson Daniels shooting threes at nba combine. Looked impressive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/draftexpr...33530932346881
    Now try with an NBA defender's hand in front of you... Not joking when saying I could sometimes hit 10 threes in a row alone in the gym, back in the day.

Besides, look again and you'll see his shot motion is pretty slow (in that workout anyway) with little lift and low release... Not saying it couldn't translate into pro ball but he just looks like "cool and shooting" out there.. And yet again let's be very wary with these workout vids, show me some in game stuff where he pilled up threes like that and we'll talk.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ That’s definitely true. In general, these workout videos feel like a pregame warmup. I guess coaches can videotape for shooting mechanics but mostly fluff. Having said that, the assumption was that Dyson was a horrible shooter, so with low expectations, I can see how buzz is quickly created given the nature of these things.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Orlando - J Smith
    2. OK City - Holmgren
    3. Houston - Banchero
    4- Sacramento - Ivey
    5. Detroit - Sharpe
    6. Indiana - Murray
    7. Portland - Daniels (Mathurin if they can work a trade with Chicago)
    8. N O - Mathurin (Daniels if Mathurin is gone)
    9. Spurs - Sochan
    10. Wash - Williams
    11. Knicks - J Davis

Spurs at 9 are in a tough spot. Just outside the game changers in this draft.
    Last edited by rascal; 05-24-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back before most of y'all were born, I was the best shooter in the gym/asphalt. Because I was the best FT shooter around, or the best top of the key shooter around, and also could call bank for consecutive made half court hook shots, I got to play with next up teams often, and with four good other players, quite a few winners teams . I played in games with future NBA players, and for one week with the then current NBAer Horace Grant.

In those games, my only open shots were extra long rebounds, and I made my share.

I almost never made a shot otherwise.

Defense matters.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now try with an NBA defender's hand in front of you... Not joking when saying I could sometimes hit 10 threes in a row alone in the gym, back in the day.

Besides, look again and you'll see his shot motion is pretty slow (in that workout anyway) with little lift and low release... Not saying it couldn't translate into pro ball but he just looks like "cool and shooting" out there.. And yet again let's be very wary with these workout vids, show me some in game stuff where he pilled up threes like that and we'll talk.
    That wasnt the point. The talk is his shooting is a weakness. Low and slow release wont matter, If he can hit the open three. His stock is rising.

Did ya watch Dwhite yesterday. Good thing the celtics built up a big lead because he couldnt hit the open three. Think he went 1 of 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. HOU — Chet Holmgren
    3. HOU — Paulo Banchero
    4. SAC — Jaden Ivey
    5. DET — Keegan Murray
    6. IND — Shaedon Sharpe
    7. POR — Dyson Daniels
    8. NOL — Ben Mathurin
    9. SAS — Jeremy Sochan
    10. WAS — Johnny Davis
    Most mocks still have AJ Griffin in the top 10. Although we've slagged on him here, teams may still see a lot of potential. Jalen Duren is still in the mix, or even Mark Williams.

Also, I can see Sacramento taking Dyson Daniels if they talk themselves out of Ivey. I'm not sold on Detroit picking Murray. I can see them going Sharpe, Murray going to Indiana.

Teams also do unexpected things every year, some good, some bad. Minnesota took Mike Flynn before Stephen Curry, even though they had just selected Ricky Rubio. The Knicks picked Obi Toppin earlier than expected.

So... conventional wisdom on this board is that Indiana goes with Murray, Griffin drops, we've lost interest in Duren so think others have lost interest, too, etc. But things will get mixed up more than we think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. HOU — Chet Holmgren
    3. HOU — Paulo Banchero
    4. SAC — Jaden Ivey
    5. DET — Keegan Murray
    6. IND — Shaedon Sharpe
    7. POR — Dyson Daniels
    8. NOL — Ben Mathurin
    9. SAS — Jeremy Sochan
    10. WAS — Johnny Davis
    1. Magic - Smith
    2. Thunder - Holmgren
    3. Rockets - Banchero
    4. Kings - Murray
    5. Pistons - Ivey
    6. Pacers - Mathurin
    7. Trail Blazers: Sharpe
    8. Pelicans - Griffin
    9. Spurs - Daniels
    10. Wizards - Davis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most mocks still have AJ Griffin in the top 10. Although we've slagged on him here, teams may still see a lot of potential. Jalen Duren is still in the mix, or even Mark Williams.

Also, I can see Sacramento taking Dyson Daniels if they talk themselves out of Ivey. I'm not sold on Detroit picking Murray. I can see them going Sharpe, Murray going to Indiana.

Teams also do unexpected things every year, some good, some bad. Minnesota took Mike Flynn before Stephen Curry, even though they had just selected Ricky Rubio. The Knicks picked Obi Toppin earlier than expected.

So... conventional wisdom on this board is that Indiana goes with Murray, Griffin drops, we've lost interest in Duren so think others have lost interest, too, etc. But things will get mixed up more than we think.
    I think Griffin's place in the draft coming down to medical evaluation. If they don't think there's anything chronic with his injury history I could see a team like Indiana looking hard at him as a 3 and small ball 4 and his shooting might...I say might make them prefer him to Murray.

Thread Information