Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polio found in NY waste water, before the first case was detected.
    Go drink it bouts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swing and a miss, I majored in English. If I had it to do over again, I'd take history, the writing's much better.
    English major waiting tables at age 55. Shocking I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    English major waiting tables at age 55. Shocking I know.
    is there something disreputable about that?

I don't judge what people say based on what they do for a living, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lives matter crew will continue to:

1. Jeer at infection and suffering.
    2. Blame teh gheys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very cool background on orthopoxes and vaccination

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...inst-monkeypox

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of you ing losers here share your monkey pox with each other?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh those sick little got, uh, children.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/7t...ry?id=88417787

7th child in US tests positive for monkeypox

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Good luck with that, monkeypox isn't peculiar about who's making intimate contact.

Remember AIDS?
    Sex between men, not skin contact, is fueling monkeypox, new research suggests

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...ests-rcna43484

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sex between men, not skin contact, is fueling monkeypox, new research suggests

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...ests-rcna43484
    CDC quietly admits 95% of monkeypox cases are men that have sex with men they just don't want to publicly admit it so as not to stigmatize men who have sex with men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given limited testing, cases from nearly all other risk groups are excluded from assessment unless they progress to full blown infection. The stats show what they're testing, gay men. Pretending that gay men only are getting it and spreading it excludes everybody else getting it spreading it anyway.

Once it gets into an animal reservoir, it pretty much becomes an endemic threat. Focusing on who's got it now is just a snapshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given limited testing, cases from nearly all other risk groups are excluded from assessment unless they progress to full blown infection. The stats show what they're testing, gay men. Pretending that gay men only are getting it and spreading it excludes everybody else getting it spreading it anyway.

Once it gets into an animal reservoir, it pretty much becomes an endemic threat. Focusing on who's got it now is just a snapshot.
    Are you worried about getting monkeypox?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CDC quietly admits 95% of monkeypox cases are men that have sex with men they just don't want to publicly admit it so as not to stigmatize men who have sex with men.
    Yes, we now suppress truth to avoid offending people. Interesting 'progressive' society we live in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not particularly, but I've always been a frequent hand washer. you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do have a visible scar from smallpox vaccination, hopefully it will mitigate disease!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we now suppress truth to avoid offending people. Interesting 'progressive' society we live in.
    it hasn't been suppressed whatsoever in this thread, please feel free to express yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is worrisome that testing and vaccines are limited, short term. we're supposed to be prepared a little better for like this.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Are cases in women and children being missed?

A persistent misconception is that cases among women and children are going undiagnosed because they aren’t being tested.

While there have been a small number of pediatric cases, there's no evidence of sustained transmission, according to numerous national and regional health agencies.

Dawn O’Connell, the assistant secretary for preparedness and response at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said on a call with reporters in July that monkeypox testing was being conducted outside of gay and bisexual men, “and we’re not seeing many positives.”

On Aug. 10, North Carolina health authorities reported that 30 women have been tested for monkeypox in the state. None had the virus.

Reports on the outbreak from the United Kingdom Health Security Agency also refute that substantial cases in women have gone undiagnosed. In the U.K., the test-positivity rate in men is about 50%, compared with 2% among women and less than 1% among children. A recent report from the agency indicated that the vast difference between men’s and women’s test-positivity rates has remained consistent for months.

Throughout the 2022 outbreak, official reports from national and regional health authorities and the WHO, as well as a number of peer-reviewed published papers, have consistently found that monkeypox is overwhelmingly transmitting via sexual contact between men.

An Aug. 5 CDC report found that, through July 22, 99% of cases were among men, 94% of whom reported recent sexual contact with males. WHO has reported that 98.7% of confirmed cases globally are in males. Of the cases with information about sexual partners, 97.2% are in men who have sex with men.

On July 26, an international group of researchers released a report projecting that men who have sex with men would remain the only high-risk group for monkeypox infection in the current multi-country outbreak. The virus would be much more likely to hit transmission dead-ends in other groups, the scientists wrote. The paper is a preprint and has not yet been peer-reviewed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tion-rcna42526

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of you ing losers here share your monkey pox with each other?
    Well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC not so much into disease control anymore.

Some U.S. health officials are conceding that monkeypox is probably not going away anytime soon.
    The disease’s spread is slowing but the virus is so widespread that elimination is unlikely, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. That conclusion was in a recent CDC report, and echoed Friday by Marc Lipsitch, director of science in the agency’s disease-forecasting center.
    Lipsitch hesitated to say monkeypox is permanently here to stay, but he said it stands to be a continuing threat for the next few years.
    “It’s in many geographic locations within the country” as well as in other countries, Lipsitch told The Associated Press. “There’s no clear path in our mind to complete elimination domestically.”
    https://apnews.com/article/monkeypox...38fe607157150e

Thread Information