Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He's a total . And I feel like most people acknowledge that. But I was going back through his filmography and it's pretty amazing that he hasn't really been anything that totally sucked. I haven't seen everything he was in, but at first glance, it's hard to find a total bomb. And personally, some really good movies there... Vanilla Sky, The Firm, A Few Good Men, The Color of Money, Taps, Collateral, Edge of Tomorrow. I can't stand him as a person but he seems to be always involved in good movies. What's the worst Tom Cruise movie?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Mummy, Oblivion and most of the Mission Impossible movies are pretty mediocre to bad.

Mission Impossible 1 and 2 are solid. The rest not so much. Other than those, I can’t think of a ty movie from him. Most are watchable and enjoyable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Agreed. Can't stand him, but usually like his movies. I've not seen his Mummy movie though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's actually kind of surprising too that he's only credited with 49 acting roles (and some of those are nothing more than cameos, Austin Powers Goldmember for example). That seems like a low number considering he's been working steadily since the early 80s and has been in so many blockbusters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Mummy, Oblivion and most of the Mission Impossible movies are pretty mediocre to bad.

Mission Impossible 1 and 2 are solid. The rest not so much. Other than those, I can’t think of a ty movie from him. Most are watchable and enjoyable.
    MI2 as one of the best mission impossible movies? wth

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MI2 as one of the best mission impossible movies? wth
    From the franchise. And I said solid.

Learn how to read, re .

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think MI2 has a good case for worst Tom Cruise movie, at least among the ones I've seen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    From the franchise. And I said solid.

Learn how to read, re .
    I literally said "as one of the best mission impossible movies", obviously referring to the franchise. you said it was solid, and the others not so much, so that obviously implies you think it was one of the best of the franchise

learn how to read, re

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I literally said "as one of the best mission impossible movies", obviously referring to the franchise. you said it was solid, and the others not so much, so that obviously implies you think it was one of the best of the franchise

learn how to read, re
    Thats not how it works. Solid means decent to good. Not best.

Why are you always picking fights here? Literally over nothing. Either talk about the topic or go tell djohn how the Astros suck for 3 pages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thats not how it works. Solid means decent to good. Not best.
    if you say that two movies out of a series of 6 movies are solid, while the rest suck, then how would that not put it among the best of those 6 movies?

Why are you always picking fights here? Literally over nothing. Either talk about the topic or go tell djohn how the Astros suck for 3 pages.
    youre the one starting a 'fight' calling someone a re for 'not reading' when in fact you yourself clearly did not read both my post and your own post, then want to get all whiny and pissy when you get called out for it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    There's this one called Rock of Ages that definitely goes on this bad list

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    You guys are being too harsh on Mr.Cruise. He is a control freak but his heart is in the right place. Look at Katie Holmes since she left his nest...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's this one called Rock of Ages that definitely goes on this bad list
    Good enough for guilty pleasure status imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You guys are being too harsh on Mr.Cruise. He is a control freak but his heart is in the right place. Look at Katie Holmes since she left his nest...
    He’s not a control freak, he’s the one being controlled.

But his movies slap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10739346[/URL]]There's this one called Rock of Ages that definitely goes on this bad list
    Yeah…that’s probably it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The HS football movie was not so good and that sy-fi flick where he had long hair crummy too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah…that’s probably it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good enough for guilty pleasure status imo
    Yeah...I guess. But I do think it's in contention for his worst movie. I kind of give him somewhat of a pass because they were trying to do something very different. Surprised he took that roll tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn...is that a shot at tail? When I was watching it, I knew it was cheesy trash but I think I was entertained.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what's really a little shocking is that he never got into a superhero franchise.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -The Firm- works nicely and serves at repeat viewing. The viewer gets what they need and want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    -The Firm- works nicely and serves at repeat viewing. The viewer gets what they need and want.
    Grisham adaptations don't often go wrong.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    & -Eyes Wide Shut- works as well once you've made up your mind to take it and like it. I've gotten there thru the years and now can watch it endlessly.

I thought -The Color of Money- was vastly overrated till it turned to .
    I thought -Risky Business- maddening with the girl constantly thwarting him.

I read where during -Valkyrie- he brought the entire production together day 1 for a "prayer" and some wise ass blew a silencer that just decimated ground zero.

& -Scary Movie 4- did such a fantastic job spoofing his -War of the Worlds- that both have been rendered irresistible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    & -Eyes Wide Shut- works as well once you've made up your mind to take it and like it. I've gotten there thru the years and now can watch it endlessly.

I thought -The Color of Money- was vastly overrated till it turned to .
    I thought -Risky Business- maddening with the girl constantly thwarting him.

I read where during -Valkyrie- he brought the entire production together day 1 for a "prayer" and some wise ass blew a silencer that just decimated ground zero.

& -Scary Movie 4- did such a fantastic job spoofing his -War of the Worlds- that both have been rendered irresistible.
    ...Forrest Whitaker is enough to watch Color of Money. I thought it was entertaining. Risky Business was a sign of the times. I liked it when I watched it but will probably never watch it again.
    As I said, he's a total butthole. And most of his movies are not re-watchable. But he has a knack (or an agent) that seems to put him in watchable movies and usually with other cast members that make it work.
    My favorite is probably Edge of Tomorrow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Damn...is that a shot at tail? When I was watching it, I knew it was cheesy trash but I think I was entertained.
    It's Ben Stiller Tom Crooz

Thread Information