Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is everyone's chance to officially be on record of who you want the Spurs to select at each of their slotted draft positions, or , if you want them to trade out (up or down). Suggest a trade if you want.

It seems each year, folks like to say, "the Spurs should have taken so and so", and "I knew he'd suck" or, "I knew he was going to be great."

This is also your chance to officially sound off pre-draft who will royally piss you off if we take them at 9 or 20.

So here's your chance to unwrap your Christmas packages (draft picks) of whom you hope PATFO should take based reasonably on who is expected to still be on the board. I'll start.

9. I'm exstatic with any of: Daniels, Dieng, Sochan, (Prefer Murray first [CBS mock has him making it to us] and then Mathurian [SportsNaut has him slipping to below us at 10] if they should slip). **Absolutely do not want Griffin, Agbaji, Duren, Davis, or Sharpe** here, but wouldn't care if they fell to 20.

Note: Am also increasingly worried we take J. Williams as the prototypical late riser at 9 because he's a great kid from a good family, aka a Spurs type player, but he doesn't belong in the top 10 tbh, sorry Dejounte.

20. Would be exstatic with any of these guys here: Eason, M. Williams, J. Williams, Branham

25. Would be exstatic with any of: Liddell, LaRavia, Brown

38. And finally, there is great value here with: Minott, Christie, McGowens, Diabate, Procida

Invite burn, Nzosa to camp as a swing for the fence diamond in the rough center if not drafted in the 2nd.

I noted above on 9 who would piss me off but since we have Primo in our rearview, it would piss me off royally if we try to outsmart the NBA again and take some young kid that's going to go high in next year's draft again, name currently unknown. There's apparently always a chance the Spurs do this moving forward.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9. Someone tall who can shoot and play D
    20. Someone tall who can shoot or play D
    25. Someone who has 2 of these traits -- tall, can shoot, can play D
    28. Someone tall or who can shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in another thread:
    OK, final cut: If possible, trade up to 4 to get Banchero / Ivey (9 + KJ?). If not, trade up from 25 to the mid teens (25 + 38 + Richardson?). If not, trade back from 9 to something like 13 & 15. If none happens and we draft were we are right now, these are my targets:
    9) Mathurin / Sochan / Dyson Daniels
    20) Jaylen Williams / Mark Williams / Branham / Blake Wesley / Tari Eason (most won't be available there, but someone will)
    25) Whomever falls from 20, + Dalen Terry / Dieng / EJ Lidell / Jovic / McGowens / Hardy
    38) Kamagate / Procida / Minott
    It'd have to take into account previous selections, so for instance if you take Mark Williams at 20 you don't take Kamagate at 38, or if you don't take Sochan at 9 Eason rises at 20 and Liddell at 25. But overall, I'm good with something like that.
    Please DON'T REACH. NO DIENG AT 9!!!! NO MINOTT AT 20!!! NO MAX CHRISTIE AT 25!!! And don't draft a glut of guards!!! Please make that happen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9. Someone tall who can shoot and play D
    20. Someone tall who can shoot or play D
    25. Someone who has 2 of these traits -- tall, can shoot, can play D
    28. Someone tall or who can shoot
    Simple and sweet. Me likey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in another thread:
    OK, final cut: If possible, trade up to 4 to get Banchero / Ivey (9 + KJ?). If not, trade up from 25 to the mid teens (25 + 38 + Richardson?). If not, trade back from 9 to something like 13 & 15. If none happens and we draft were we are right now, these are my targets:
    9) Mathurin / Sochan / Dyson Daniels
    20) Jaylen Williams / Mark Williams / Branham / Blake Wesley / Tari Eason (most won't be available there, but someone will)
    25) Whomever falls from 20, + Dalen Terry / Dieng / EJ Lidell / Jovic / McGowens / Hardy
    38) Kamagate / Procida / Minott
    It'd have to take into account previous selections, so for instance if you take Mark Williams at 20 you don't take Kamagate at 38, or if you don't take Sochan at 9 Eason rises at 20 and Liddell at 25. But overall, I'm good with something like that.
    Please DON'T REACH. NO DIENG AT 9!!!! NO MINOTT AT 20!!! NO MAX CHRISTIE AT 25!!! And don't draft a glut of guards!!! Please make that happen!
    Good stuff. And yes, good point on not drafting a duplicate of a higher draft pick, so yes, previous picks will influence down board picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note: just realized I left off Jovic above. Want him at 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just don't want any coal in my stocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note: just realized I left off Jovic above. Want him at 20.
    I think it's very likely Jovic will go to Minnesota @ 19 or Denver @ 21 (highest chances), given the international connections of Tim Connelly (formerly Denver, now with Minnesota).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple and sweet. Me likey.
    Dean on Draft’s summation was even more succinct. He said that all of the guards and internationals suck, so if you avoid them, you should do OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man just don‘t draft Dieng or anybody projected in the 20s at 9. I‘m fine with any of
    Mathurin, Sochan, Davis, Duren

Trade J-Rich and some garbage for John Collins and this draft is already a success. I like Jalen Williams, Procida, EJ Lidell, Minott and a couple others with the late picks. Also would love to trade into the mid teens to get Tari Eason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want the Spurs to leverage whatever assets are necessary, move up to #2 and pick Banchero.

Expect the Spurs to lose out on every trade opportunity, stay at #9 and pick another guard. I do think it's possible they trade up into the mid-first to get a second prospect; probably another guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want the Spurs to leverage whatever assets are necessary, move up to #2 and pick Banchero.

Expect the Spurs to lose out on every trade opportunity, stay at #9 and pick another guard. I do think it's possible they trade up into the mid-first to get a second prospect; probably another guard.
    Would love Banchero but just don't know if he's worth Keldon, Vassell, 9, and two firsts as OKC reportedly wants.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won’t pretend like I know anything about most of these players. What I’m hoping for — elite shooting and size. No more 6’5” and under guys that can’t shoot; no bigs that can’t play outside of the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan after the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won’t pretend like I know anything about most of these players. What I’m hoping for — elite shooting and size. No more 6’5” and under guys that can’t shoot; no bigs that can’t play outside of the paint.
    So a roster filled with Bonners & McDermotts will be fine. Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love Banchero but just don't know if he's worth Keldon, Vassell, 9, and two firsts as OKC reportedly wants.
    Neither Keldon nor Vassell have the upside to be the primary offensive option, like Banchero. He's not flawless, but he seems like the only guy you can build a franchise around in the draft.

The other guy that fits the mold is Ivey, but the position fit alongside Murray probably isn't there for the long term.

I'm fine with staying at 9 and drafting a good high-floor/high-ceiling player, but this just feels like a draft where not swinging for the guys at the top will have the Spurs right back in the same spot next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the good news is...something is bound to happen today.

Have no idea what it will look like, but...it will be something

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a roster filled with Bonners & McDermotts will be fine. Awesome.
    If shooting and size means Bonner and Mcdermot to you, then you’re probably haven’t watched much basketball since 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If shooting and size means Bonner and Mcdermot to you, then you’re probably haven’t watched much basketball since 2010.
    Don't project onto me your failure to translate your thoughts into words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan after the draft

„keep pounding the rock“

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't project onto me your failure to translate your thoughts into words.
    Take your own advice. You made absurd conclusions because you’re unable to consider unstated premises (unstated because they are so obvious only a fool would need them). I guess it’s my fault for assuming the level of intelligence I’m dealing with on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your own advice. You made absurd conclusions because you’re unable to consider unstated premises (unstated because they are so obvious only a fool would need them). I guess it’s my fault for assuming the level of intelligence I’m dealing with on this board.
    Come now gents, it's too early to start demeaning each other. This thread will live on for years and the fools that want us to draft _______ will have plenty of time and cause to be mocked and debased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #9 Dieng
    #20 traded for lotto protected ( Jalen on clock)
    #25 Procida
    #38 traded for 2x2rd

reality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Draft Night (Christmas Wish) List:

9 Davis - He’s a go-to scorer, ultra compe ive, natural leader and will address the point-of-attack. Murray and Davis would be perfect compliment: Consolation price: Dyson Daniels, Jaylen Williams, Tyty Washington (but not at 9). Any of these guys, DJ and Dyson, DJ and Jaylen would be absolute terror on defense.

20 Tari Eason - Plug the PF defence and not to see Keldon at 4 ever again wish. Consolation, Liddell, LaRavia, Dieng, Minnot. Preferably Sochan at 13 if PATFO manage to trade up.

25 Jaylen Williams. Jovic can be my over the fence stash here if willing to stay intl. If not Procida, Kamagate at 38th

38 Procida, Kamagate, Koloko. I will even include my local boy Kai Sotto 7’3” with 3pt range, 19 yrs old mobile center. I think he will be open for stash if given the opportunity.

Possible:
    Davis, Sochan, Jaylen Williams, Kamagate/Kai

I like Duren or Williams at 13-15 if they manage to trade Poeltl plus pick, hence:
    Miracle:
    Davis, Sochan, Duren

Let’s go!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think #9 will be Johnny Davis or AJ Griffin. I haven’t picked one correct for 8 years so I am probably wrong.

Thread Information