Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The homers here just honestly cracks me up sometimes. They act like any player outside the Spurs is a scrub. Well fact is most the Spurs current roster are scrubs. Well ok we have 1 borderline all-star that took years of development I might add and maybe 1 or 2 that have the potential to be a borderline Allstar. Spurs do have to take a swing or two for the fences if the want to have a chance for a star level player and we all know it could take a decade through drafting to find a a level talent.

I ask yall what do yall want to do with Murray's timeline then, do you want to to bring in all level talent to play with him or try to develop talent hoping they turn out to be elite with will most likely take 3-4 more years of development if it all goes well.

How long do yall think Murray will give the Spurs FO a chance to get elite talent to compete with him before he thinks it might be time for him to look towards other opportunities?

We don't currently have Drob or a Duncan to make players want to come in and stay here. Of course this all might be moot and Ayton might not want nothing to do with the Spurs but to say the Spurs shouldn't be showing any interest is stupid if you ask me.

SAN ANTONIO is not a top free agent destination so to be picky and choosy in the market is pretty baffling to me.The Spurs have allot of capspace this off-season that they will not have for the following season.
    Are you kind of in love with Ayton because he was the #1 pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think if you have a shot at him, get him !

He was underused in Phoenix. Watching him at Arizona he's more of a capable offensive player, he could be dominant. He already showed that part of his game in the NBA scoring 16 pts with 12 shot per game in 4 years. He can do way more but he'll at least give you a solid 18 pts 12 rebounds a night.

The concerns are his rim protection and the big one is that he's a gamer lol he said that he doesn't sleep much 3 or 4 hours because of that not good for a Sportsman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does Ayton change this? I don’t even disagree with your assessment of our talent but Ayton isn’t elite talent what so ever. He, Keldon, DJ, Jak are slightly abive average players. He makes sense at his max for some teams. For us he is going to cost young assets to procure plus his max. HARD PASS
    Yes, I understand that Ayton maybe a bust for us there is always that chance but I don't see anywhere that he is not a top free agent and he is only 23. If we want the Spurs to stand pat and stay the corse of developing their young talent into elite players then that fine too, but in that reality Spurs need to consider moving Murray for picks to go along that timeline of development. Why hold on to Murray if we don't want to compete? I'm not saying Ayton is the answer to anything but if you have a chance to lure in a top free agent then you take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kind of in love with Ayton because he was the #1 pick?
    Well, if we have a shot at him without giving up much of the talent that we currently have then yes.

Ayton kind of reminds me of a young Shawn Kemp, when Kemp first entered the league he was immature and had a bit of the sane red flags as Ayton, but as soon as Kemp matured and wised up he became a pretty legit force in the NBA during his prime.
    Last edited by Chomag; 05-20-2022 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if we have a shot at him without giving up much of the talent that we currently have then yes.
    It’s going to cost you though. Probably Jak and an FRP min.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much do you think Jak is going to ask for after his contract expires next year, what do you think the market will be for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much do you think Jak is going to ask for after his contract expires next year, what do you think the market will be for him?
    15-20mm. I’d rather get something cheaper or draft capital in return than pay him and I’d rather retain him at that price than pay Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are crazy Unless we draft a center, I would make Ayton a max offer on day one of free agency. The guy is young, has all-star potential, and would fit the timeline of our current roster. It’s a no-brainer.

The only real question is whether he would take our offer, and the answer is probably no.
    What's crazy is thinking that we should offer the max to all star potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ/Vassell/Primo/Keldon/Ayton isn’t even a playoff team.
    More like a finals team tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15-20mm. I’d rather get something cheaper or draft capital in return than pay him and I’d rather retain him at that price than pay Ayton.
    Exactly the order in which I value those guys...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly the order in which I value those guys...
    at 15-20M, I think Phoenix would keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a vacuum, I would agree with you. But it’s the market that sets the price, and that would most likely be the price he would command. It’s the only way we would have any chance of getting him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at 15-20M, I think Phoenix would keep him.
    That was the yearly price for Jak's next contract estimate..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get David and Tim to work with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: "We need to tank so we can get a top 3 pick"

also Spurs fans: " no we shouldn't sign the 2018 #1 pick in free agency"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: "We need to tank so we can get a top 3 pick"

also Spurs fans: " no we shouldn't sign the 2018 #1 pick in free agency"
    Exactly, we should sign Anthony Bennett and Andrea Bargnani while we're at it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reports that the Spurs are even interested in this guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reports that the Spurs are even interested in this guy?
    Nope. It's just the latest gilded bull the mindless sparrows of SpursTalk flock around. He's the new John Collins and Lauri Markkanen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he’s not the one.

but is also probably the best the spurs could get…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton vs the Pelicans in the playoffs… not a regular season game.

I had forgotten about it, but there’s some post up moves here, there’s a 3, there’s blocks, steals, an assist, there’s jumpshots, turnaround jumpshots, jump hooks. The offensive skill he has is vastly superior to Jakob. He doesn’t need to pass the ball as often as Jakob bc he finishes way more plays. And hes only 23 as of now. I think there’s untapped potential there in the right situation.

Consider how much Jakob improved between ages 23-26 and how bigs continue to develop later than guards. I still see this acquisition as doubtful. But hes skilled and not in his prime yet.

By the way, the shots hes making there are not Deandre Jordan shots, who never fixed his FT shooting btw. This is not just a run and lob C.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-21-2022 at 01:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he’s not the one.

but is also probably the best the spurs could get…
    Not sure he'd even go to a Pop coached team. He knows the coaching tree with Monty learning under Pop. If he didn't gel with Monty, I don't see Pop even offering or if it was offered, Ayton accepting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t honestly believe this?

DJ/Vassell/Primo/Keldon/Ayton isn’t even a playoff team.
    Primo is not a starting level player. He needs to go to the bench until he improves his shooting at least. You switch Keldon to the 3 and play someone else as a 4. There’s room for improvement to that proposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That shouldn’t be a problem if Spurs want him.
    Spurs are already fielding offers for Jakob first of all, then why amass multiple FRP if you don’t turn them into a player?They aren’t going to want multiple teenagers every year. Sometimes the best use for that FRP is to use it in a trade like this, vs being stuck with 4 like this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton vs the Pelicans in the playoffs… not a regular season game.

I had forgotten about it, but there’s some post up moves here, there’s a 3, there’s blocks, steals, an assist, there’s jumpshots, turnaround jumpshots, jump hooks. The offensive skill he has is vastly superior to Jakob. He doesn’t need to pass the ball as often as Jakob bc he finishes way more plays. And hes only 23 as of now. I think there’s untapped potential there in the right situation.

Consider how much Jakob improved between ages 23-26 and how bigs continue to develop later than guards. I still see this acquisition as doubtful. But hes skilled and not in his prime yet.

By the way, the shots hes making there are not Deandre Jordan shots, who never fixed his FT shooting btw. This is not just a run and lob C.

I think a lot of people don't know his talent, the way Phoenix plays we don't see him too much. He's really talented.

Imo it's a no brainer for a team like us who can't afford the top of the FA. The only red flag like i said is the video games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Davis and sign Ayton, and together with Vassell we have the makings our own (poor man’s) version of what PHX has now in their Ayton, Bridges, Booker core.

Thread Information