Page 104 of 116 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2877
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The report also reveals for the first time that the overwhelming majority of responders were federal and state law enforcement: 149 were U.S. Border Patrol, and 91 were state police — whose responsibilities include responding to “mass attacks in public places.” There were 25 Uvalde police officers and 16 sheriff’s deputies. Arredondo’s school police force accounted for five of the officers on the scene. The rest of the force was made up of neighboring county law enforcement, U.S. Marshals, and federal Drug Enforcement Agency officers.

The investigators said that in the absence of a strong incident commander, another officer could have — and should have — stepped up to the task.

“These local officials were not the only ones expected to supply the leadership needed during this tragedy,” the report said. “Hundreds of responders from numerous law enforcement agencies — many of whom were better trained and better equipped than the school district police — quickly arrived on the scene.”

The other responders “could have helped to address the unfolding chaos.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07...investigation/
    My understanding of the Incident Command System is that -- notwithstanding BORTAC's unilateral decision to supervene the incident commander -- is that in principle noone can supervene. In the case of paralysis, chaos or incompetence, more experienced commanders are supposed to ask the commander for permission to take over. It's astounding, given the massive presence of more experienced state and federal personnel, no one asked to do so.

Brandon's feds eventually took it on themselves and stopped the shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My understanding of the Incident Command System is that -- notwithstanding BORTAC's unilateral decision to supervene the incident commander -- is that in principle noone can supervene. In the case of paralysis, chaos or incompetence, more experienced commanders are supposed to ask the commander for permission to take over. It's astounding, given the massive presence of more experienced state and federal personnel, no one asked to do so.

Brandon's feds eventually took it on themselves and stopped the shooter.
    They were busy moving immigrants into private property so they could arrest them...

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a great example of what some of my friends in West Texas like to refer to as "the usual family goat ."
    And they call you the family goat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arnulfo Reyes was shot twice and lost every student in his class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they call you the family goat.
    I know that's meant to be cutting, but your sweet nothings are just kind of pitiful and sad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this might be the one and only time everyone on here agrees the cops were piece of cowards,,,but no way can you say 400 of them. Were there 400 of them in that hall?,,,nope. You cant blame the cops that were out doing road blockages or other bull as being cowards because they werent given the chance to act in that hallway,,,the cops in that hallway should be fired and their names go down in infamy as the most cowardice people this nation has ever seen in its history,,,,second, tear that damn school down and make a monument on that exact spot for all the kids and teachers that lost their lives there,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <massacres of Americans and school kids> is the price of freedom -- Catholic Bill O'Reilly, after Nevada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sig Sauer about to unleash pure terror upon American streets

The psychopaths who run the gun manufacturer Sig Sauer are about to release the MCX-SPEAR, which is the civilian version of the US Army’s new NGSW-R (Next Generation Squad Weapon-Rifle) onto American streets, as if the AR-15 wasn’t bad enough.

What is the NGSW-R? From Wiki:

The Next Generation Squad Weapon (NGSW) program is a United States military program created in 2017 to replace the M4 carbine and M249 SAW light machine gun (both 5.56mm ammunition) and the 7.62mm M240 machine gun, with a common system with 6.8mm cartridges; and to develop small arms fire control systems for the new weapons.

Ok doesn’t sound terrible. What’s the problem exactly?

“This is a weapon that could defeat any body armor, any planned body armor that we know of in the future,” then-Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley told the Army Times in 2019.

“This is a weapon that can go out at ranges that are unknown today.”

Oh. So what does that mean exactly?

“It’ll shoot through almost all of the bulletproof vests that are worn by law enforcement in the country right now,”

“This is a rare opportunity for passionate consumers to own a piece of history,” Cohen said.

“This first production run MCX-SPEAR, and all of the revolutionary technology behind its development, is being offered to the commercial market in a configuration that is a near match to our NGSW-R submission.”

One of the “elite” dealers estimated this week that

SIG Sauer had sent out between 2,500 and 5,000 of the weapons—and that they were an instant hit despite the price.

Thankfully the eye-watering $8000 price tag will probably keep it out of the hands of your average school shooter,

but an older shooter like Stephen Paddock could certainly afford such a weapon.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...erican-streets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just what's verifiable from newspaper reports

The Uvalde and Stoneman Douglas SROs didn't do against school shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former sports star Bo Jackson covered all funeral expenses for the families of the victims of the Uvalde school massacre “so they would have one less thing to worry about as they grieved,” according to a statement from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former sports star Bo Jackson covered all funeral expenses for the families of the victims of the Uvalde school massacre “so they would have one less thing to worry about as they grieved,” according to a statement from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.
    So what?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good on Bo Jackson Why is Hot Wheels the one making a statement about this?
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 07-22-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because Santa Anna wanted to take away our slaves. Nothing for the police to fight for at Robb Elementary though, not like they were going to get to seize property for auction like if it was a drug bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The heroes in the Alamo weren't even from Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sig Sauer about to unleash pure terror upon American streets

The psychopaths who run the gun manufacturer Sig Sauer are about to release the MCX-SPEAR, which is the civilian version of the US Army’s new NGSW-R (Next Generation Squad Weapon-Rifle) onto American streets, as if the AR-15 wasn’t bad enough.

What is the NGSW-R? From Wiki:

The Next Generation Squad Weapon (NGSW) program is a United States military program created in 2017 to replace the M4 carbine and M249 SAW light machine gun (both 5.56mm ammunition) and the 7.62mm M240 machine gun, with a common system with 6.8mm cartridges; and to develop small arms fire control systems for the new weapons.

Ok doesn’t sound terrible. What’s the problem exactly?

“This is a weapon that could defeat any body armor, any planned body armor that we know of in the future,” then-Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley told the Army Times in 2019.

“This is a weapon that can go out at ranges that are unknown today.”

Oh. So what does that mean exactly?

“It’ll shoot through almost all of the bulletproof vests that are worn by law enforcement in the country right now,”

“This is a rare opportunity for passionate consumers to own a piece of history,” Cohen said.

“This first production run MCX-SPEAR, and all of the revolutionary technology behind its development, is being offered to the commercial market in a configuration that is a near match to our NGSW-R submission.”

One of the “elite” dealers estimated this week that

SIG Sauer had sent out between 2,500 and 5,000 of the weapons—and that they were an instant hit despite the price.

Thankfully the eye-watering $8000 price tag will probably keep it out of the hands of your average school shooter,

but an older shooter like Stephen Paddock could certainly afford such a weapon.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...erican-streets

You couldn't buy 7.62 platforms before this !!!!! Look how evil it looks!!!!

Look how menacing! Oh wait, same round different manufacturer and available from same company the Uvalde shooter bought his gun from, Daniels Defense, and about 2600.00 and has been around for a long time.

/world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The heroes in the Alamo weren't even from Texas.
    Good point. Seems like most proud NRA gun toting Texans are really just huge pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Seems like most proud NRA gun toting Texans are really just huge pussies.
    Says the guy who did nothing about some strange man ing his wife.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upcoming weekend….

saturday?

or sunday?

for the NEXT shooting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who did nothing about some strange man ing his wife.
    Lol you'd commit murder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you'd commit murder?
    because any action at all other than crying to ST must be murder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because any action at all other than crying to ST must be murder.
    My post was about toting a gun and that's where you went with it.

What exactly would you do?

Now watch as DMC squirms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My post was about toting a gun and that's where you went with it.

What exactly would you do?

Now watch as DMC squirms.
    You made the right call, Blake. Getting online and telling everyone you were cucked by a woman who you married, who was probably no more than a one night stand for anyone else, that's the best course of action. Any direct action on your part could be dangerous. Don't risk it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it.

Thread Information