Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2877
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC loves to get super precise and pedantic particularly when it comes to muh guns.

The wannabe internet lawyer of ST strikes again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Now talk about my personal life. Go."

You're such a BlaKKKe you think you got the upper hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    I'm gonna bet that tats who claims is ignoring me is talking all about me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott gives Uvalde parents the finger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC loves to get super precise and pedantic particularly when it comes to muh guns.

The wannabe internet lawyer of ST strikes again!
    Unlike you who's so sloppy it's a wonder you found the birth canal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You truly are one dumb mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN)A 4-year-old took a loaded handgun Wednesday to his South Texas elementary school, and his father has been arrested after the incident prompted a lockdown, officials said.

School administrators at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Corpus Christi learned a student had a weapon on campus around 9 a.m., according to a letter sent to parents from West Oso Independent School District Superintendent Conrado Garcia.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/us/ch...xas/index.html

Good kid with gun just trying to protect his class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You truly are one dumb mother er.
    They all want to be spin machines, LARPing as talking heads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN)A 4-year-old took a loaded handgun Wednesday to his South Texas elementary school, and his father has been arrested after the incident prompted a lockdown, officials said.

School administrators at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Corpus Christi learned a student had a weapon on campus around 9 a.m., according to a letter sent to parents from West Oso Independent School District Superintendent Conrado Garcia.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/us/ch...xas/index.html

Good kid with gun just trying to protect his class
    The obvious solution, as the left here has pointed out, is to raise the legal age to purchase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sad that had to be actually written into policy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad that had to be actually written into policy
    I can think of one poster itt who argued that LE isn't and shouldn't be required to face active shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    91 Texas state troopers responded to the Uvalde massacre. Their bosses have deflected scrutiny and blame.

State troopers outnumbered local law enforcement 2-to-1 outside Robb Elementary, but the Department of Public Safety has blocked the release of records and carefully shaped the narrative to cast local authorities as incompetent.
    The state police agency is tasked with helping all of Texas’ 254 counties respond to emergencies such as mass shootings, but it is particularly important in rural communities where smaller police departments lack the level of training and experience of larger metropolitan law enforcement agencies, experts say. That was the case in Uvalde, where the state agency’s 91 troopers at the scene dwarfed the school district’s five officers, the city police’s 25 emergency responders and the county’s 16 sheriff’s deputies.

The state police agency has been “totally intransparent in pointing out their own failures and inadequacies,” said Charles A. McClelland, who served as Houston police chief for six years before retiring in 2016. “I don’t know how the public, even in the state of Texas, would have confidence in the leadership of DPS after this.”
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09...alde-shooting/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of taking charge when it became clear that neither the school’s police chief nor the Uvalde Police Department had assumed command, DPS contributed to the 74-minute chaotic response that did not end until a Border Patrol tactical unit that arrived much later entered the classroom and killed the gunman.

“Here’s what DPS should have done as soon as they got there,” said Patrick O’Burke, a law enforcement consultant and former DPS commander who retired in 2008. “They should have contacted [the school police chief] and said: ‘We’re here. We have people.’ They should have just organized everything, said, ‘What are all of our resources?’ And they should have organized the breach.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead, they waited around with their thumbs up their asses for an hour until Joe Biden's federal officers took charge and ended it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They voted for him and probably will again anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% CYA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice baby step forward here:

".....

All purchases made with credit cards are categorized with what's called a "merchant code" – a special code assigned to various types of businesses like utility companies, grocery stores, gas stations, airlines, hotels. And, for years, gun shops have been categorized as miscellaneous retail or sporting goods stores.....

....Now, after a Democrat-supported effort led by the socially progressive bank Amalgamated Bank, gun stores will have a separate code.

But experts say it's unclear what impact the new policy will actually have, if any, on gun violence.

Jeffrey an, a law professor at Columbia University who researches the effects of gun policy, said the measure could reduce gun violence "at the margins."

"As a nation, we keep track of sales of dynamite and other dangerous products that can cause death. This policy is in line with that thinking," he said...."

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11230...erican-exrpess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So unclear what effect if any.. but a nice baby step forward?

Great example of how the left just wants to feel better about it, not actually to do anything effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's a small drop in the bucket. Better than nothing. Way behind where we should be. You ok now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice baby step forward here:

".....

All purchases made with credit cards are categorized with what's called a "merchant code" – a special code assigned to various types of businesses like utility companies, grocery stores, gas stations, airlines, hotels. And, for years, gun shops have been categorized as miscellaneous retail or sporting goods stores.....

....Now, after a Democrat-supported effort led by the socially progressive bank Amalgamated Bank, gun stores will have a separate code.

But experts say it's unclear what impact the new policy will actually have, if any, on gun violence.

Jeffrey an, a law professor at Columbia University who researches the effects of gun policy, said the measure could reduce gun violence "at the margins."

"As a nation, we keep track of sales of dynamite and other dangerous products that can cause death. This policy is in line with that thinking," he said...."

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11230...erican-exrpess
    Academy probably sells more guns than anyone else in Texas. What will their code be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Academy probably sells more guns than anyone else in Texas. What will their code be?
    Walmart and 's Sporting Goods, which both allow gun sales at some of their U.S. stores, did not respond to requests for comment Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/12/gun-...ous-sales.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like they'll be under that code

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's a small drop in the bucket. Better than nothing. Way behind where we should be. You ok now?
    It's nothing of the sort, when the effect is unknown. Right now it's a feel good comment. Obviously I am not the one who needs attending to since I'm not here lauding random legislation with unknown effects as a step in the right direction. It might not be better than nothing, other than your feelings tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nothing of the sort, when the effect is unknown. Right now it's a feel good comment. Obviously I am not the one who needs attending to since I'm not here lauding random legislation with unknown effects as a step in the right direction. It might not be better than nothing, other than your feelings tbh.
    No downside, possible upside. Yeah that's about it. Anything else you want to get off your chest here?

Thread Information