Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2877
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No downside, possible upside. Yeah that's about it. Anything else you want to get off your chest here?
    What's the upside? Serious question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the upside? Serious question.
    "Today's announcement is a critical first step towards giving banks and credit card companies the tools they need to recognize dangerous firearm purchasing trends – like a domestic extremist building up an arsenal — and report them to law enforcement," said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control advocacy group, in a statement last week.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11230...erican-exrpess

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "Today's announcement is a critical first step towards giving banks and credit card companies the tools they need to recognize dangerous firearm purchasing trends – like a domestic extremist building up an arsenal — and report them to law enforcement," said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control advocacy group, in a statement last week.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11230...erican-exrpess
    Credit card companies aren't going to get an itemized receipt from the store. What's the upside?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credit card companies aren't going to get an itemized receipt from the store. What's the upside?
    Move in the right direction feelings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can report large purchases to law enforcement. Law enforcement can then decide if they want to go ask the store for the itemized receipt. This isn't hard to figure out. Keep trying, nut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can report large purchases to law enforcement. Law enforcement can then decide if they want to go ask the store for the itemized receipt. This isn't hard to figure out. Keep trying, nut.
    So if you buy a grill and weight set at Academy, the ATF is going to go ask Academy for an itemized receipt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you buy a grill and weight set at Academy, the ATF is going to go ask Academy for an itemized receipt?

Do you think that's what will happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that's what will happen?
    Do you think that won't happen? Be specific, yes or no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally we would have a national registry of weapons so they wouldn't have to try and track illegal arms sales through backdoor means. Bull hypotheticals aside if a violent felon, problematically mentally ill person, or domestic abuser makes that type of purchase what is wrong with law enforcement making sure it is not a firearm.

What is so stupid abut this whole thing is that local conservatives are all out for ID and registration to vote, a much better defined cons utional right, but balk at the idea of a national registry for guns where there is unquestionably an issue with illegal sales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally we would have a national registry of weapons so they wouldn't have to try and track illegal arms sales through backdoor means. Bull hypotheticals aside if a violent felon, problematically mentally ill person, or domestic abuser makes that type of purchase what is wrong with law enforcement making sure it is not a firearm.

What is so stupid abut this whole thing is that local conservatives are all out for ID and registration to vote, a much better defined cons utional right, but balk at the idea of a national registry for guns where there is unquestionably an issue with illegal sales.
    There's a reason a national registry is outlawed. State registries are legal. You should push for that 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you think it will happen? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason a national registry is outlawed. State registries are legal. You should push for that 1st.
    This is another dumbed down take. The background check law says it cannot be used to create a registry but there is already a national registry for automatic weapons. It is not uncons utional as evidenced by said registry and all it takes is new legislation to change the status quo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just answered this question. What's wrong with you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just answered this question. What's wrong with you?

Low IQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is another dumbed down take. The background check law says it cannot be used to create a registry but there is already a national registry for automatic weapons. It is not uncons utional as evidenced by said registry and all it takes is new legislation to change the status quo.
    Existing law does not indicate cons utionality, otherwise all laws are cons utional. We know that to not be the case.

Regardless, legislation is all that is needed to do a whole heap of that won't get done. "all it takes" you could do away with the BoR with enough congressional votes.

This doesn't even begin to address the efficacy of a registry. There are states with gun registries, do they rise above the statistical noise in efficacy?

Rate vs gun related homicides rate

NY 5 gun related homicides - requires gun registration
    Mass 3 gun related homicides - neither requires nor prohibits gun registration

Nah
    Last edited by DMC; 09-16-2022 at 11:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by DMC; 5 Minutes Ago at 10:38 PM.

Chuncko bloviating and editing like a thirsty mother er.

PS
    State------------------Population
    Massachusetts-------7,126,375
    New York------------20,365,879

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by DMC; 5 Minutes Ago at 10:38 PM.

Chuncko bloviating and editing like a thirsty mother er.

PS
    State------------------Population
    Massachusetts-------7,126,375
    New York------------20,365,879
    "rate"

You stupid mother er

I even said it twice

rEmF-man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "rate"

You stupid mother er

I even said it twice

rEmF-man
    If you knew better, you would have kept your mouth shut.

New York has almost three times the population of Massachusetts.

Per capita, New York’s gun related homicide rate is way less than Massachusetts’, idiot.

Go sulk some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This site even says the gun homicide rates in both states are the same, so your stats are .

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...apita-by-state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Existing law does not indicate cons utionality, otherwise all laws are cons utional. We know that to not be the case.

Regardless, legislation is all that is needed to do a whole heap of that won't get done. "all it takes" you could do away with the BoR with enough congressional votes.

This doesn't even begin to address the efficacy of a registry. There are states with gun registries, do they rise above the statistical noise in efficacy?

Rate vs gun related homicides rate

NY 5 gun related homicides - requires gun registration
    Mass 3 gun related homicides - neither requires nor prohibits gun registration

Nah
    You said that federal gun registries were illegal. You were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you tried to be clever, confused yourself with your own question and had to ask again.

It won't happen. You good now? Do you think it will happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said that federal gun registries were illegal. You were wrong.
    FOPA

Amends the rulemaking authority of the Secretary to provide that no regulation may require: (1) the transfer of records required under this Act to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State; or (2) the establishment of any system of registration of firearms, firearm owners, or firearm transactions. Requires a 90-day public comment period for proposed regulations.

NFA weapons are grandfathered exceptions to the machine gun ban. There have been no new subguns since 1986 added to this "registry". The ATF only tracks transfers of grandfathered auto-sears. In each instance the registration is as an exception. So for a national registry to exist for non-NFA weapons, guns would first have to be banned, then exceptions made on a case by case basis. This is where the registry would make sense.

So unless you want to say the FOPA doesn't prohibit the establishment of a national firearm registry, then you're just being obtuse. Pretty sure your gripe about firearms isn't that too many unregistered subguns exist, plus you said a national registry should exist, so if you think one already exists, wtf are you talking about?

This is why I have to dumb down.
    Last edited by DMC; 09-17-2022 at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you tried to be clever, confused yourself with your own question and had to ask again.

It won't happen. You good now? Do you think it will happen?
    Without itemized receipts, any large purchase would have to flag. Unless the only large purchase you can imagine is firearms, then there would be a lot of false positives. You'd need another system that doesn't rely solely on the value of the purchase unless you want to tie up resources chasing down lawn furniture and fishing gear.
    Last edited by DMC; 09-17-2022 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOPA

Amends the rulemaking authority of the Secretary to provide that no regulation may require: (1) the transfer of records required under this Act to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State; or (2) the establishment of any system of registration of firearms, firearm owners, or firearm transactions. Requires a 90-day public comment period for proposed regulations.

NFA weapons are grandfathered exceptions to the machine gun ban. There have been no new subguns since 1986 added to this "registry". The ATF only tracks transfers of grandfathered auto-sears. In each instance the registration is as an exception. So for a national registry to exist for non-NFA weapons, guns would first have to be banned, then exceptions made on a case by case basis. This is where the registry would make sense.

So unless you want to say the FOPA doesn't prohibit the establishment of a national firearm registry, then you're just being obtuse. Pretty sure your gripe about firearms isn't that too many unregistered subguns exist, plus you said a national registry should exist, so if you think one already exists, wtf are you talking about?

This is why I have to dumb down.
    Would it take more than a bill passed by congress to create a national registry?

Thread Information