Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't even know how many are dead?

Why not?
    Congress doing PR damage control, trying to look not too bad

Like during 9/11, I'm sure they were more victims than what was officially disclosed

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tell me again? The only one I saw was better security at schools which I agreed with. If you had more they are buried in this thread.

Other than that, all you have brought to this discussion are juvenile insults.
    I gave my solution, asked for yours, and then you claim I dodged you. It’s not my fault you’re a re ed old man.

Again, just keep this same “welp *shrug* not much we can do about it” energy if it happens to someone in your family. You conservatives love doing the Now I think this is important, but only because it affected me personally flip-flop, and I’m not having it.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 05-25-2022 at 09:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For starters, a well-regulated militia would include:

Every gun owner must take federally mandated training, tailored to the gun they own, includes mental health check. Must repeat every 2 years

30 day waiting period on new gun purchases

Private gun sales must go through federal broker, also subject to 30 day waiting period

Ban clips larger than 10, confiscate anything larger

Limit ammo purchases everywhere except shooting ranges. Can rent larger clips at the shooting range. Cannot take ammo or large clips from shooting ranges home with you

Raise minimum age of gun ownership to 21

Must carry gun insurance. Insurance company financially liable for any crime committed with said gun

Gun owners are criminally liable if their gun is used in a crime, or accidental shooting by a child, and they are shown to have not properly protected it (locked in safe for example)

Ban military-style protective armor
    This is all extremely reasonable but right wing dumbasses value being able to do call of duty cosplays over the lives of children so they'll just scream MUH FREEDOMS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice duck and dodge

Honestly, I don't think there is a solution. These are obviously mentally disturbed people. what is their motive? Dubious "fame"? Making it policy not to release their names might help in that case. Just call every one "mentally disturbed shooter".

Higher level (better qualified) of security at schools is another.

Beyond that I really don't see any reasonable solutions.
    wtf so USA has a very specific issue, only country in the world to have it and your belief is there is no reasonable solutions

dear ing god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do nothing it is!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf so USA has a very specific issue, only country in the world to have it and your belief is there is no reasonable solutions

dear ing god

Our country is full of dumb right wing morons who have probably never left their hometown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few thoughts

A) Guns is sad American norm. Wild Wild West. There are a few examples how America is writing history. This is a sad one.

B) Republican response of more guns will lead to less gun violence is sad.

C) Left: strip our society of religion, family, social norms and wonder why people are confused, angry and violent.

The West celebrates and fuels individualism. Other nations have ways to cope with this. Substance abuse and suicides are soaring in America. Covid made worse.

Solution? This is one of the main topics I don't see eye to eye with American conservatives. My buddies recently having children and their response compared to Hook is serious. They are personally involved now. But do the Democrats want a major 'War on Drugs' type crack down on gun ownership? Stings, cops, prosecutors, judges and more blacks in prison.
    You almost made a logical post until your third "thought." You people are re ed. Yep, religion and family are banned in america. Do you christian gots ever stop playing the victim card?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC demands what we could do. Given a list of completely reasonable things, declines to refute any point except by saying "not achievable".

Expected. Sad, but this is so typical of the Cult of Gun
    I will be happy to address your suggestions point by point. I am trying to discuss this rationally and not just taking an absolute pro gun position.

Every gun owner must take federally mandated training, tailored to the gun they own, includes mental health check. Must repeat every 2 years

OK. There is an estimated 400 million guns currently in the US. There are an estimated 82 million gun owners over 18 in the US. This doesn't count family members of these gun owners which puts the number at 130 million. Will there be a charge for this course? Will the federal government provide the classrooms and instructors for these 130 million people every two years? will they provide mental health professionals to evaluate these 130 million people every two years? If this is not provided for free, won't it be discriminatory against lower income people?

30 day waiting period on new gun purchases

Private gun sales must go through federal broker, also subject to 30 day waiting period
    This sounds nice in theory. What do you about inherited guns? what is the penalty if an individual sells a gun to their friend? Misdemeanor? Felony? How many new prisons will we need?

Ban clips larger than 10, confiscate anything larger

Again, what is your enforcement? misdemeanor? Felony?

Limit ammo purchases everywhere except shooting ranges. Can rent larger clips at the shooting range. Cannot take ammo or large clips from shooting ranges home with you

I have seen guys shoot 8 boxes of shotgun s s(200 rounds) trying to get their limit hunting doves. I personally have shot hundreds of rounds in a weekend prairie dog hunting in West Texas. Where exactly do you draw this ammo possession limit? Again, what is the penalty

Raise minimum age of gun ownership to 21

Is this for purchasing a gun or using an existing gun? My kids all were taught how to use guns at an early age. Again, what is the penalty? Are you gonna put a 12 year old in jail for dove hunting?

Must carry gun insurance. Insurance company financially liable for any crime committed with said gun.

An absolute impossible demand and would be absolutely discriminatory to lower incomes and minorities

Gun owners are criminally liable if their gun is used in a crime and they are shown to have not properly protected it (locked in safe for example)

I have all my guns in a safe when not being used but many people can't afford a $1000+ safe. Also, many guns are stolen out of cars by criminals. How can you hold a crime victim legally liable for the use of the gun after it isn't in their possession anymore?

Ban military-style protective armor

I'm OK with that but how significant is it really?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You almost made a logical post until your third "thought." You people are re ed. Yep, religion and family are banned in america. Do you christian gots ever stop playing the victim card?
    Excuse me. Please rewrite. I'll reread.

Edit: never said they were banned?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's quite clear tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuse me. Please rewrite. I'll reread.

Edit: never said they were banned?
    "C) Left: strip our society of religion, family, social norms and wonder why people are confused, angry and violent."

So, when did religion get "stripped?" When was family "stripped" from society as you put it? And what kind of moron do you need to be to equate this to mass shootings. Yeah man, the guy pulled up on 18 kids because he was confused. Give me a break. You gonna blame violent video games too? FOH

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I said quote

"Stripping our society" which is far

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "C) Left: strip our society of religion, family, social norms and wonder why people are confused, angry and violent."

So, when did religion get "stripped?" When was family "stripped" from society as you put it? And what kind of moron do you need to be to equate this to mass shootings. Yeah man, the guy pulled up on 18 kids because he was confused. Give me a break. You gonna blame violent video games too? FOH

...yep, too.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Stripping is fair.

Not banned or even take away. Strip is legislature. To me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I said quote

"Stripping our society" which is far
    Stay strong, Frosty. Don't back down. You're rightPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when did religion get stripped? 200 years ago? when was there legislation passed that stripped family? WTF are you even blathering on about foreigner

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are "Ban first - Figure out logistics later" on literally every other issue.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Republicans are "Ban first - Figure out logistics later" on literally every other issue.
    At least we chose the best issue to stand our ground on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, no one cares what you have to say. the entire forum myself included put you on ignore forever ago. go run along to your Ukraine thread and suck Putin off some more

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread, no one cares what you have to say. the entire forum myself included put you on ignore forever ago. go run along to your Ukraine thread and suck Putin off some more
    In for penny.
    In for pound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's too complicated better do nothing different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we chose the best issue to stand our ground on.
    You make every issue perfectly black or white as you cant handle gray areas.
    I dont think anyone wants a total band on all guns. "We" hunt in this State.
    Some of the most gun conscious citizens are people who own guns and actually want more laws because they see idiots in Texas with no license and open carry walking around making them all look like assholes.

So YOU, would feel better if the left would just total ban ALL guns. That would be standing up. Cool.

Also with all of the solutions above a designated govt office will have to know more about people who own guns. But Amazon and Google etc... already know too much! "You have no right to sneak into my business and know that I love good do entaries on ..." If it got bad enough with knowing everything about someone who owned a gun then the ACLU gets involved... Ive heard that as well, just like prohibiting certain types of parades.
    Imo we have the general group that are into killing large groups of innocents in the US. Young socially isolated males... FBI knows this.
    So to go further than just the general number of rounds, type of weapon, etc... how do we pay more attention to the group that by far and away commits these obscene acts...?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So when did religion get stripped? 200 years ago? when was there legislation passed that stripped family? WTF are you even blathering on about foreigner
    Hahah. No one cares about your history.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahah. No one cares about your history.
    You didn't answer the question.

Thread Information