Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buffalo stood barely over a week as this year's worst mass shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, I don't find a school shooting odd. I just find the cir stances odd. Doesn't make it any less tragic.

I’ll clue you in on a little secret:

”its only gonna get worse”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buffalo stood barely over a week as this year's worst mass shooting.
    Biden's America

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting draggggggeddddd...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evergreen, sadly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While permitless carry was the highest profile gun bill to cross Gov. Greg Abbott's desk during the 2021 legislative session, more than a dozen others received his signature.

Most loosen or limit firearm restrictions, like new laws allowing school marshals and hotel guests to carry guns. One law bans government contracts with companies that "discriminate against the firearm or ammunition industries," while another effectively designates gun stores as essential businesses that can’t be shut down during a disaster.

But three new laws will also take effect that were written in response to back-to-back mass shootings in El Paso and Odessa in 2019. That includes one gun control measure, which makes it a state crime to lie on a background check in order to illegally purchase a gun.

Here is a rundown of the new laws:

• House Bill 1927: Known as permitless or cons utional carry, it allows Texans to carry handguns in public without a license and the background check and training that a license requires.
    • House Bill 2622: Known as the "Second Amendment Sanctuary State Act," it prohibits state agencies and local governments from enforcing new federal gun rules.
    • House Bill 1500: Prevents government en ies from banning the sale or transportation of firearms or ammunition during a declared disaster or emergency.
    • House Bill 957: Exempts firearm suppressors that are made and remain in Texas from federal laws and regulations.
    • House Bill 1407: Allows license holders to carry visible, holstered handguns anywhere in a motor vehicle, rather than having to wear the handgun in a shoulder or belt holster.
    • House Bill 1387: Allows certain foster homes to store guns and ammunition together in the same locked location, rather than requiring the items to be stored separately.
    • House Bill 1069: Allows certain first responders to carry handguns.
    • House Bill 2112: Removes the requirement that handguns must be carried in a "shoulder or belt" holster, expanding what kinds of holsters are legal.
    • House Bill 103: Creates a statewide active shooter alert system.
    • House Bill 4346: Prohibits certain firearm restrictions on a property during the use of an easement.
    • House Bill 29: Allows state-owned public buildings to provide self-service weapon lockers.
    • House Bill 1920: Expands and clarifies what cons utes a secured area of an airport in relation to possessing a firearm.
    • House Bill 2675: Requires the Texas Department of Public Safety to expedite the handgun license process for individuals "who are at increased risk of becoming victims of violence."
    • House Bill 918: Makes young adults between the ages of 18-20 eligible for a license to carry a handgun if they are protected under certain court orders related to family violence.
    • House Bill 781: Allows junior college school marshals to carry concealed handguns rather than storing them.
    • Senate Bill 741: Allows school marshals in public school districts, open-enrollment charters, and private schools to carry concealed handguns rather than storing them.
    • Senate Bill 20: Allows hotel guests to carry and store firearms and ammunition in their rooms.
    • Senate Bill 19: Prohibits government en ies from contracting with businesses that "discriminate against the firearm or ammunition industries."
    • Senate Bill 162: Known as the "lie and try" bill, makes it a state crime to lie on a background check in order to illegally purchase a firearm.
    • Senate Bill 550: Removes the requirement that handguns must be carried in a "shoulder or belt" holster, expanding what kinds of holsters are legal.
    • Senate Bill 313: Creates a sales and use tax exemption for firearm safety equipment.
    • Senate Bill 168: Requires schools to use best practices when conducting active shooter drills, so they're less harmful to students' mental health and wellbeing; went into effect immediately.
    https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...ect-on-sept-1/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting draggggggeddddd...

Guns and prayers. The Republican way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not this shooting, but it's that shooting in the New York subway. Take a look at this beaut...

Wrong color and wrong state, they can't talk about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    little different from Trump's America, or Obama's America, or Bush's America, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rushing to defend mah gunz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment." said Beto O'Rourke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment." said Beto O'Rourke
    I'd be cool if they grabbed yer gunz. y'all's side has distorted 2nd A jurisprudence beyond all recognition, historically and legally speaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what motivated this gun to do such a thing
    Might be the lockdown
    Mask

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be cool if they grabbed yer gunz. y'all's side has distorted 2nd A jurisprudence beyond all recognition, historically and legally speaking.
    I'd be cool if they had the balls to argue for changing the 2nd Amendment, I might even agree. Until then it says what it says.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democracts way take guns away from law abiding citizens at schools and the USA
    And then when a idiot kills babies that are in school
    Blame the gun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democracts way take guns away from law abiding citizens at schools and the USA
    And then when a idiot kills babies that are in school
    Blame the gun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers

Shooter had mental issues

It is unimaginable (even though it’s the most imaginable thing in Murica)

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be cool if they had the balls to argue for changing the 2nd Amendment, I might even agree.
    No you wouldn't. Because the libs would win and you can't have that.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kinda a pisser for State run media CNN...they was all set for an evening of teasing & tormenting Trump/sters over Georgia voting. I'm quite positive they'll brazen thru it though and still do some good spit balling at him.

tee, hee.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No you wouldn't. Because the libs would win and you can't have that.
    Met too, Spurm...I can't have that either.

Thread Information