Page 63 of 116 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2882
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can go ahead and scrap the re ed Republican nra one door solution.

As people in Uvalde and across the country groped for solutions in response to the latest mass school shooting, Texas Republican officials pointed, again, to school doors.

“Have one door into and out of the school, and have ... armed police officers at that door,” U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz said on Fox News the day after a gunman killed 19 elementary school students and two teachers.

Texas’ lieutenant governor has echoed the idea of locking all but one door of a school. And Cruz and former President Donald Trump repeated the call for single-entry schools at the National Rifle Association convention in Houston on Friday.

“We also know that there are best practices at federal buildings and courthouses, where for security reasons they limit the means of entry to one entrance,” Cruz said at the convention. “Schools, likewise, should have a single point of entry. Fire exits should only open out. At that single point of entry, we should have multiple armed police officers. Or if need be, military veterans trained to provide security and keep our children safe.”

But limiting schools to one access point is not a proposal grounded in reality, according to several school and safety experts.

Many schools have thousands of children, teachers and staff who could take hours to funnel in and out of a single entrance every day. Even more use portable buildings or have multiple buildings, with children and staff often moving among them. Not to mention that renovations to older schools, which officials say typically have more exterior entrances, put a heavy burden on local taxpayers.......

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...-school-doors/
    Anything from having to pass stricter gun laws. Anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do you get to the plane in the first place?
    Any one checking anything? Like upon entering the airport any type of security?
    TSA schools would do I guess.
    No, you can freely walk into any airport. You cannot get to the gates and there's a massive presence of LEOs even prior to the security checkpoints. LaGuardia has over 1100 armed security officers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, seems easier to pass stricter gun laws that to spend money on beefing up all the public schools
    Spending money is easier than getting bills to pass through a bipartisan gauntlet. Otherwise, fine. Dems have the con. Get ta steppin' with those laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can go ahead and scrap the re ed Republican nra one door solution.

Do you think there's going to be a resolution to force congress to vote a certain way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me how easy it is.
    People propose a bill, one that say prohibits an 18 year old from getting an AR 15. People pass the bill. It becomes law. It's been done in other states.

Now show your plans for beefing up the schools and be sure to include cost estimates. Go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think there's going to be a resolution to force congress to vote a certain way?
    What does this re ed question even mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that the gunman responsible for this week’s massacre in Uvalde was able to buy two AR-15s days after his 18th birthday highlights how much easier it is for Americans to purchase rifles than handguns.

Under federal law, Americans buying handguns from licensed dealers must be at least 21, which would have precluded the gunman from buying that type of weapon. That trumps Texas law, which only requires buyers of any type of firearm to be 18 or older.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...rifles-uvalde/

It's too hard to change that law! Let's funnel thousands of kids through one door every morning instead! Easier!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this re ed question even mean?
    It means put on sunscreen instead of insisting the sun not be so harmful you pathetic excuse for a man. Your solution is that the world change. My suggestion is that you adapt to survive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending money is easier than getting bills to pass through a bipartisan gauntlet. Otherwise, fine. Dems have the con. Get ta steppin' with those laws.
    You're an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot
    There you go, back to your silly one liner lashing out responses. Any time you try to step off the coattail of another poster you get exposed and are forced to retreat to safe grounds. Right now you're hoping someone comes along and saves you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means put on sunscreen instead of insisting the sun not be so harmful you pathetic excuse for a man. Your solution is that the world change. My suggestion is that you adapt to survive.
    Lay out your plans for applying sunscreen to the schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go, back to your silly one liner lashing out responses. Any time you try to step off the coattail of another poster you get exposed and are forced to retreat to safe grounds. Right now you're hoping someone comes along and saves you.
    You're parroting the same line about the Dems being in control. You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lay out your plans for applying sunscreen to the schools.
    Sure, and you lay out your plans for getting a meaningful gun control bill through congress.

1. Armed security at each school.
    2. Locked doors with entry clearance required.
    3. Doors must be reinforced and any glass must be bullet proof.
    4. Schools must be fenced and gated with clearance needed to enter the non school bus gates.
    5. Metal detectors and scanners for backpacks
    6. Routine checks by patrols even when schools have onsite armed security
    7. Classroom doors can only open from the inside sans key
    8. Blocking the door with an object causes the door alarm to sound, similar to airport restricted entry doors.
    9. Regular canine patrol to detect any explosive devices

All this can be done at the state level without need to have congress authorize it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, and you lay out your plans for getting a meaningful gun control bill through congress.

1. Armed security at each school.
    2. Locked doors with entry clearance required.
    3. Doors must be reinforced and any glass must be bullet proof.
    4. Schools must be fenced and gated with clearance needed to enter the non school bus gates.
    5. Metal detectors and scanners for backpacks
    6. Routine checks by patrols even when schools have onsite armed security
    7. Classroom doors can only open from the inside sans key
    8. Blocking the door with an object causes the door alarm to sound, similar to airport restricted entry doors.
    9. Regular canine patrol to detect any explosive devices

All this can be done at the state level without need to have congress authorize it.
    Rofl DMC thinks it's easier to install bullet proof glass in all schools in all classrooms than to pass stricter gun laws.

Sad thing is all the crazy alt right crew will agree.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's on you to determine gun control legislation that won't get voted down, as it always does, by the people I vote for."

Okay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl DMC thinks it's easier to install bullet proof glass in all schools in all classrooms than to pass stricter gun laws.

Sad thing is all the crazy alt right crew will agree.
    You've had how many years to pass stricter gun control laws? The term "easier" is a misnomer. If you mean physical effort, sure. But since you cannot get these bills to pass then it must not be easy. Else you're saying your party is so incompetent that they cannot complete an easy task. It's easier to spend money than to get people to go along with your idea of removing their rights. I mean, the GOP started building a wall between the desert and a river and were working on Spaceforce. You cannot even get a bill to pass after kindergartners are killed. You're useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's on you to determine gun control legislation that won't get voted down, as it always does, by the people I vote for."

Okay
    Point fingers and declare failure. That always works for the left. "yeah we failed but it wasn't us, it was THEM. Bury your kids knowing we tried" -dems

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Point fingers and declare failure. That always works for the left. "yeah we failed but it wasn't us, it was THEM. Bury your kids knowing we tried" -dems
    D M C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've had how many years to pass stricter gun control laws? The term "easier" is a misnomer. If you mean physical effort, sure. But since you cannot get these bills to pass then it must not be easy. Else you're saying your party is so incompetent that they cannot complete an easy task. It's easier to spend money than to get people to go along with your idea of removing their rights. I mean, the GOP started building a wall between the desert and a river and were working on Spaceforce. You cannot even get a bill to pass after kindergartners are killed. You're useless.
    The Republicans in Texas can't protect school kids. They're worthless.

You're proposing bullet proof glass as if nobody has thought of that before in all these years of school shootings. You're a useless moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd like to know exactly what was taught

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Espousing terrorism doesn't get him instantly investigated and removed from the platform?
    It's different when they do it. They are the good guys so it's justified yeah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol DMC monologuing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A gun law prevented him from getting an AR-15 until he was 18. Shortly thereafter, he financed one online.

Thread Information