Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2875
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More training probably won't fix pusillanimous police culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uvalde LE trained for this two months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For starters, a well-regulated militia would include:

Every gun owner must take federally mandated training, tailored to the gun they own, includes mental health check. Must repeat every 2 years

30 day waiting period on new gun purchases

Private gun sales must go through federal broker, also subject to 30 day waiting period

Ban clips larger than 10, confiscate anything larger

Limit ammo purchases everywhere except shooting ranges. Can rent larger clips at the shooting range. Cannot take ammo or large clips from shooting ranges home with you

Raise minimum age of gun ownership to 21

Must carry gun insurance. Insurance company financially liable for any crime committed with said gun

Gun owners are criminally liable if their gun is used in a crime, or accidental shooting by a child, and they are shown to have not properly protected it (locked in safe for example)

Ban military-style protective armor
    All reasonable proposals proven effective elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's "you have to ban guns entirely or not do anything at all" false dichotomy back in action
    "anything less than 100% prevention is nothing."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "someONE"

Can you at least admit it took a TAC team to "stop" him?
    misleading reference to the truth is a DMC specialty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't call it insane (I seem to be correcting you a lot as you try to put words in my mouth). I said no one on the left understands guns.
    But that's not just what you said, you also derived a conclusion from your own specious claim: "based on what I've read here, no one on the left understands guns well enough to get it done".

The only conclusion I can derive from that claim is that either didn't read what was written here or you have trouble understanding what you read.

How much about guns do you really need to know when discussing periodic mental health assessments? None.

I think people here understands guns just fine. People here also understands that nobody needs to be a gun virtuoso to propose gun regulation.

Lastly, people here also understands that the 100 cats in Congress that regulate everything from saline waters to nuclear reactors are not experts of everything.

Also, you cannot simply be right via fiat.
    Neither can you.

Could have sworn dems had the majority.
    They do. And I know you're not this stupid, and have heard of something called the filibuster. But the point stands: conservative members of congress do value guns over life.

Also, everyone is aware of the problem. What's the solution? Kumbaya isn't happening between the parties and though we can send billions to Ukraine, we cannot afford security in schools. Free tuition, if you live that long.
    It's not a money problem, and we're not at war like Ukraine is, so those points are irrelevant.

What's not irrelevant: when faced with the opportunity to do something about this, conservatives always choose the status quo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the price of individual gun rights.

love it or leave it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't call it insane (I seem to be correcting you a lot as you try to put words in my mouth).
    I don't think you need to correct anything, nor I put any words in your mouth. I didn't make any claims that you called them insane. Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, someone had to be first through the door against a guy with an AR pointed at the only point of entry. Still takes brass balls.
    their training spelled it out.

"If you're not willing to do it, you should choose another line of work"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gunshots twenty minutes before LE broke in and after fielding continuous 911 calls from students inside for 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 05-28-2022 at 02:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to think killing isn't required for you to enjoy a burger. You will buy and love the burger but denounce the killing.
    Enjoying killing isn't required to enjoy a burger. Do you really not know where burger meat comes from? Do you hunt cows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump urges end to gun-free school zones, easier confinement of 'deranged' people

HOUSTON/WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Former President Donald Trump on Friday argued the United States should make it easier to confine "deranged" people and eliminate gun-free school zones after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers this week at a Texas school.

"Clearly, we need to make it far easier to confine the violent and mentally deranged into mental ins utions," Trump said in a speech at a convention in Houston of the National Rifle Association, a gun rights advocacy group.

On suggestions to improve the security of schools, Trump said every school should have a single point of entry, strong fencing and metal detectors, adding there should also be a police official or an armed guard at all times in every school.

"This is not a matter of money. This is a matter of will. If the United States has $40 billion to send to Ukraine, we can do this," he said, referring to Washington's financial and military support for Ukraine after Russia's invasion in February.

"As the age-old saying goes, the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," Trump added.

That's some hard core pandering

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pussies
    So that's why the border patrol went in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pussies
    in fairness, I haven't seen any accounting for where Uvalde SWAT was at the time. Maybe they partied too hard after Abbott's in person tour of Operation Lone Star the day before and were sleeping one off in a motel 60 miles away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol cosplay ubermilitarized cops for a city of 16,000 people.they failed to mobilize effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW,, what's up with the resource officer who missed the perp hunkering behind his car and detained a teacher on the penultimate day of school?

Did he not recognize him?

School ain't that big

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally Shaking™
    Why does the murder of schoolchildren not bother you but rather forces you to recycle memes and jokes from TexAgs?

Explain.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called that days ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called that days ago
    if you're not a gun nerd, you don't understand the practical effects of more or less unhindered access to weapons of war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    amazing if true

WSJ is the primary source

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't call it insane (I seem to be correcting you a lot as you try to put words in my mouth). I said no one on the left understands guns.

Also, you cannot simply be right via fiat.

Could have sworn dems had the majority.

Also, everyone is aware of the problem. What's the solution? Kumbaya isn't happening between the parties and though we can send billions to Ukraine, we cannot afford security in schools. Free tuition, if you live that long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uvalde mayor and police have reportedly called in for LE backup against the public backlash to their timid response to the massacre

https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/liv...investigation/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information