Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC IS ON THE CLOCK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start a thread about it. It only requires an amendment to the NFA by the DOJ, it doesn't require legislation. You would know if you weren't so triggered by being put on a clock.
    NO NO IT'S NOT LEGISLATION, IT'S ONLY AN AMENDMENT.

TRIGGEREDEDED!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO NO IT'S NOT LEGISLATION, IT'S ONLY AN AMENDMENT.

TRIGGEREDEDED!
    Bump stocks were banned without passing new legislation. All it takes is for Biden to say "get it done".

Tick tock, mother er

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC put himself on the clock

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Countdown till your post causes legislation to make that happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC put himself on the clock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump stocks were banned without passing new legislation. All it takes is for Biden to say "get it done".

Tick tock, mother er
    DM Semantics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxton says the uvalde slaughter is all part of God's plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paxton says the uvalde slaughter is all part of God's plan
    Guns and prayers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who exactly gave Abbott false information, however, remains a mystery. Abbott last week declined to identify the culprits, saying only they were “public officials.”
    Arredondo is the only police officer who responded to the shooting to offer a public first-person account of his actions. Other agencies who responded — including the U.S. Border Patrol, Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office — declined to answer questions about their officers’ conduct.
    https://www.rawstory.com/abbott-uvalde/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who exactly gave Abbott false information, however, remains a mystery. Abbott last week declined to identify the culprits, saying only they were “public officials.”
    Arredondo is the only police officer who responded to the shooting to offer a public first-person account of his actions. Other agencies who responded — including the U.S. Border Patrol, Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office — declined to answer questions about their officers’ conduct.
    https://www.rawstory.com/abbott-uvalde/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 Investigates has also asked the Texas Department of Public Safety to release the interviews it conducted that day with officers while creating a timeline of what happened.

DPS is seeking to withhold that information, saying "revealing the marked records would provide criminals with invaluable information concerning Department techniques used to investigate and detect activities of suspected criminal elements; how information is assessed and analyzed; how information is shared among partner law enforcement agencies and the lessons learned from the analysis of prior criminal activities. Knowing the intelligence and response capabilities of Department personnel and where those employees focus their attention will compromise law enforcement purposes by enabling criminals to anticipate weakness in law enforcement procedures and alter their methods of operation in order to avoid detection and apprehension. Consequently, the Department believes the records should also be excepted from required public disclosure."
    https://abc13.com/police-response-to...ting/11956031/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LIP Blake calling the difference between executive action and legislative action "semantics". "Well, it's the gubmint so same thing". Too dishonest to call out his own echo chamber for pointing out the exact thing recently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closing the boyfriend loophole is a deal breaker.

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-dem-senat...214836099.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still holding on to that hope that officers shot students and teachers. Let it go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a stupid provision. A TRO is all that's needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidently the real point of having a gun is to use it when your fist gets tired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Releasing information to the public might be distressing to LEOs, so no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dp
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-18-2022 at 01:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Story changes again.

Officers were there before Ramos entered the school, but were afraid to shoot.

A Uvalde LEO on the scene before the shooter went inside had an AR-15, but was allegedly afraid of hitting a kid. Others officers reportedly kept cover because they weren't sure who Ramos was shooting at.

The investigations are now showing that several officers arrived at the school before the gunman ever went inside, rushing to the scene after the first 911 calls around 11:29 a.m. reported that a truck had crashed near the school and that its driver was outside shooting.

At least two law enforcement cars arrived in close succession at the school, according to investigatory do ents reviewed by The New York Times. One was driven by an officer from the small police force that patrols Uvalde’s schools. Another arrived less than a minute later, at 11:32 a.m., with officers from the Uvalde Police Department.

ADVERTISEMENT

At that point, the gunman was still shooting outside of the school.

Officials have said he was firing at the building and toward a nearby funeral home, but arriving officers believed in the moment that the gunfire was directed at them, said Chief Deputy Sheriff Ricardo Rios of Zavala County, who also responded to the shooting in the neighboring county.

“My understanding, after talking to several officers that were there, was that the gunman engaged two City of Uvalde officers when they got there, outside the building,” Chief Deputy Rios said.

He said the two officers, including one with the long gun, took cover behind a patrol car. They wanted to return fire, he said, but held off.
    https://nyti.ms/3HFJrnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uvalde Hires Private Law Firm to Argue It Doesn’t Have to Release School Shooting Public Records

Some of the records relating to the Robb Elementary School shooting could be “highly embarrassing,” involve “emotional/mental distress,” and are “not of legitimate concern to the public,” the lawyers argued.

The City of Uvalde and its police department are working with a private law firm to prevent the release of nearly any record related to the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in which 19 children and two teachers died, according to a letter obtained by Motherboard in response to a series of public information requests we made. The public records Uvalde is trying to suppress include body camera footage, photos, 911 calls, emails, text messages, criminal records, and more.

“The City has not voluntarily released any information to a member of the public,” the city’s lawyer, Cynthia Trevino, who works for the private law firm Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal & Zech, wrote in a letter to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. The city wrote the letter asking Paxton for a determination about what information it is required to release to the public, which is standard practice in Texas. Paxton's office will eventually rule which of the city's arguments have merit and will determine which, if any, public records it is required to release.

The letter makes clear, however, that the city and its police department want to be exempted from releasing a wide variety of records in part because it is being sued, in part because some of the records could include “highly embarrassing information,” in part because some of the information is “not of legitimate concern to the public,” in part because the information could reveal “methods, techniques, and strategies for preventing and predicting crime,” in part because some of the information may cause or may "regard … emotional/mental distress," and in part because its response to the shooting is being investigated by the Texas Rangers, the FBI, and the Uvalde County District Attorney.

The letter explains that Uvalde has at least one in-house attorney (whose communications it is trying to prevent from public release), and yet, it is using outside private counsel to deal with a matter of extreme importance and public interest. Uvalde’s city government and its police department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Motherboard.

The city says that it has received 148 separate public records requests (including several from Motherboard), and has lumped all of them together, making a broad legal argument as to why it should not be required to respond to many of them. Earlier this week, Motherboard reported on a similar letter sent to Paxton by the Texas Department of Public Safety, which wanted to suppress body-camera footage because it could expose “weaknesses” in police response to crimes that criminals could exploit. (The main seeming weakness in the Uvalde response was that police, in violation of standard policy and protocol, refused to risk their lives to protect children.)

For example, the city and its police department argue that it should be exempted from releasing “police officer training guides, policy and procedure manuals, shift change schedules, security details, and blueprints of secured facilities,” because these could be used to decipher “methods, techniques, and strategies for preventing and predicting crime.” The Uvalde Police Department and Texas Department of Public Safety have been pilloried by the press and the public for standing in the hallway while a gunman killed children—against standard protocol—and for preventing parents from entering the building to save their children. The letter also argues that the department should be exempted from releasing body camera footage simply because it could be “information considered to be confidential by law, either cons utional, statutory, or by judicial decision.”

It is impossible to say what records, in particular, the city and the police are referring to in many parts of the letter. For example, it says it cannot release an individual's criminal history because it would be "not of legitimate concern to the public," because it could be "highly embarrassing," and because it would violate their common-law right to privacy. But the letter does not talk about who the records would be about, why they wouldn't be relevant to the public, or why they would be highly embarrassing.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88q9...public-records

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, if this report is accurate LEOs straight lied about the door being locked and having to wait for keys.

one wonders what else they lied about, or indeed, if this leak is yet another lie. LE has been challenged to tell a straight tale from the get go.

Surveillance footage shows that police never tried to open a door to two classrooms at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde in the 77 minutes between the time a gunman entered the rooms and massacred 21 people and officers finally stormed in and killed him, according to a law enforcement source close to the investigation.

Investigators believe the 18-year-old gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers at the school on May 24 could not have locked the door to the connected classrooms from the inside, according to the source.
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...s-17251116.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All classroom doors at Robb Elementary are designed to lock automatically when they are closed so that the only way to enter from the outside is with a key, the source said. Police might have assumed the door was locked, but the latest evidence suggests it may have been open the whole time, possibly due to a malfunction, the source said.

The surveillance footage indicates gunman Salvador Ramos, 18, was able to open the door to classroom 111 and enter with an assault-style rifle, the source said.

Thread Information