Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was a linguistic comparison to the war on drugs. And several in here have advocated making guns, or at least certain guns, magazines, ammo, etc. illegal.
    So it was a stupid comparison, got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . Beto calling out Abbott to his face. Buttlicker in chief Patrick calling him a sick son of a .

No, the mayor of Uvalde called him that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    astonishing to me that people will try to argue that laws are not meant as a deterrent for unwanted behavior. theres no way people actually believe it, they're just doing human pretzels
    it's totally irrelevant what the laws are MEANT for when they don't always deter crime. The fact that there is crime is self evident that laws are not always a deterrent.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sickening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it was a stupid comparison, got it.
    It was made in the context that the war on drugs has historically penalized minorities disproportionately and the war on guns would result in the exact same thing, so yeah it was absolutely appropriate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not even a discussion. It is self evident that laws do not always deter people from breaking the law. It might deter some. Acknowledging the FACT that laws do nor deter some people is not even close to saying we don't need laws. It's a stupid argument.
    nobody said "always"

i didnt say that passing laws prevents things from happening 100% of the time. my question was, if we made murder legal, should we expect to see an increase in homicides? the answer is obviously yes.

prohibition, for all the problems associated with it, did decrease alcohol consumption levels. note that i am not claiming that prohibition completely eliminated alcohol consumption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the report is out he was angry he did not graduate according to his neighbor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the laws against murder stop the school shooter?

Law are there to punish the ones that break the law after the fact.

You are too stupid to participate in this discussion.
    by your logic i guess we should just abolish child rape laws because people will do it anyway right? you see how incredibly stupid you sound?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the report is out he was angry he did not graduate according to his neighbor
    I just read a report too: You still have for brains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody said "always"

i didnt say that passing laws prevents things from happening 100% of the time. my question was, if we made murder legal, should we expect to see an increase in homicides? the answer is obviously yes.

prohibition, for all the problems associated with it, did decrease alcohol consumption levels. note that i am not claiming that prohibition completely eliminated alcohol consumption.
    again, no one is advocating doing away with laws. That's your straw man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God you are stupid. It is totally self evident that laws against murder didn't stop the school shooter. Had he survived the attack, however, the law would have allowed us to punish him. Laws against speeding don't stop people from speeding but they allow the government to give tickets and fines when they are caught. Saying that laws don't stop criminals is not the same as saying we don't need laws.
    You've got, 5-6 people gutting your posts. You may want to check who's stupid again here.

If laws don't stop criminals then what's the point? Lay out the point of laws then in your opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by your logic i guess we should just abolish child rape laws because people will do it anyway right? you see how incredibly stupid you sound?
    I'm not advocating doing away with laws, dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sickening.
    Pathetic incels like you that think Beto calling out these s bags is what is "sickening." You and all your ilk are disgusting abhorrent sickos the love dead children. Pro-life my ass

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic incels like you that think Beto calling out these s bags is what is "sickening." You and all your ilk are disgusting abhorrent sickos the love dead children. Pro-life my ass
    Yeah but Cruz was about to leap at Beto while he stood still holding his hands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not advocating doing away with laws, dumbass.
    No, you're not really advocating doing anything at all you moron. You're just another idiot that thinks the obvious solution wouldnt work cus pEoPlE wIlL bReAK LaWs AnYwAy. Dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got, 5-6 people gutting your posts. You may want to check who's stupid again here.

If laws don't stop criminals then what's the point? Lay out the point of laws then in your opinion.
    The fact that 5 or 6 people are too stupid to use basic logic is not my problem. I am not advocating doing away with laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you're not really advocating doing anything at all you moron. You're just another idiot that thinks the obvious solution wouldnt work cus pEoPlE wIlL bReAK LaWs AnYwAy. Dumbass
    What law are you proposing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What law are you proposing?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...3#post10743163

I agreed with what Splits outlined earlier in this thread. The same thing pretty much everyone that isnt a gun fellating moron is saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sickening.
    Also just to point out how idiotic and disingenuous you right wingers are

-he didnt "storm the stage." he didnt even get on the stage
    -parents werent screaming at him, it was the idiot on stage
    -he wasn't "dragged out" at all
    -Ted Cruz didnt do a damn thing

stfu incel

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The barbarians pushing for abortion for 9 months don't get to lecture others about caring for human life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The barbarians pushing for abortion for 9 months don't get to lecture others about caring for human life.
    Great way to absolve yourself of being a piece of S***. you have no moral high ground to stand on

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    the pro-death penalty, pro-gun, pro-mass shootings party pretending to care about the lives of unborn babies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that 5 or 6 people are too stupid to use basic logic is not my problem. I am not advocating doing away with laws.
    I know, so what do you believe is the purpose of law then?

Second time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agreed with what Splits outlined earlier in this thread. The same thing pretty much everyone that isnt a gun fellating moron is saying
    If you read between the lines, CC did agree with one of my proposals: outlaw the military body armor. Guess why? Because it doesn't affect him personally (100-1 he doesn't own an armored vest). Every other thing I suggest would affect him directly, so he lines up the discriminatory law against minorities defense to deflect from the fact it would have an impact on him.

Selfish prick. Can't debate honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is zero chance that Splits suggestions get implemented and I explained why, and you and Splits wish list is the functional equivalent of "thoughts and prayers".

Thread Information