Page 28 of 115 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like way more than they actually spend on education itself. Where would the funding come from?
    Ukraine?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They left out death by abortion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They left out death by abortion
    i dont think people between the ages of 1 and 19 years get aborted

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fine I'll bite.
    Guns have been around for ages so how come mass shootings have only started becoming a recent problem? How is this a gun problem? Evidence seems to be pointing more at people and not the weapon as the issue.
    People under 21 couldn't buy a gun in Texas before September, 2021.

The shooter in Uvalde was 18.

The issue is the relaxed laws meant to boost lagging gun sales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fake tweet, boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87...l/HB00918E.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the USA

hole

« but the shooter came from a poor family »

Negga bought guns and an IPhone 13 Pro Max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he posted on Facebook he was going to shoot grandmother
    He posted he shot her
    He posted he was going to shot at elementary school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He didn't use a hand gun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see high tech security systems on all schools. We have the technology. AI monitors everywhere. Auto locking doors perimeter and classrooms. The second a gun is detected the system goes on lockdown, preferably before the shooter even goes into the school.

Have qualified security available not just fat rent-a -cops that couldn't cut it on a regular police force. It doesn't have to be oppressive. Secret Service does a great job of being there without being obviously militant.

I would like to see qualified psychologist/counselors in every school to speak to troubled students. Not just for potential shooters but potential suicides, etc. Their regular teachers know which kids are having trouble adjusting and can refer them to the counselors. Knowing someone cares that can talk to them could really help some of them.

I would like to see something where kids could anonymously report troubling things they see from other students on social media. Publicize it and emphasize they are helping the other student and not ratting on them.

I'm OK with raising the age to 21 to buy guns. I'm OK with extending the waiting period if it means better background checks and I'm ok with the checks including social media.

This would all be a good start.
    I would like to see high tech security systems on all schools. We have the technology. AI monitors everywhere. Auto locking doors perimeter and classrooms. The second a gun is detected the system goes on lockdown, preferably before the shooter even goes into the school.

There are 130k k-12 schools in the US. Who pays for this? The DHS budget to protect 5k airports is $7b, Extrapolate, you're looking at a $200b+/year budget to protect schools. If your answer is gun owners, then I am partially for it. The non-partially for it asks "who wants their kids going to school in a totalitarian surveillance state?"

Have qualified security available not just fat rent-a -cops that couldn't cut it on a regular police force. It doesn't have to be oppressive. Secret Service does a great job of being there without being obviously militant.

The "rent-a-cop" wife was one of the victims. He's a SWAT trained officer

The first victim of the Texas school massacre has been named as a 44 year-old special ed teacher - as it was revealed her police officer husband held an active shooter drill at the Uvalde high school just two months ago.

Eva Mireles, 44, was one of 22 people killed at Robb Elementary School Tuesday. The death toll has risen to 19 children, and three adults. That includes Mireles, gunman Salvador Ramos, 18, who was killed by cops, and a third adult who has not been named.
    Hauntingly, Mireles husband Ruben Ruiz, a police officer at Uvalde School District, held an active shooter drill at Uvalde High School, on March 22, two months before his wife's murder. Both the gunman and the cop were once students at the school.
    Yeah, we need the US Army protecting 130k schools because this SWAT trained local officer couldn't even save his wife

I would like to see something where kids could anonymously report troubling things they see from other students on social media. Publicize it and emphasize they are helping the other student and not ratting on them.

Yeah, well Ramos er didn't go to school. How do you report someone who doesn't go to school?

I'm OK with raising the age to 21 to buy guns. I'm OK with extending the waiting period if it means better background checks and I'm ok with the checks including social media.

We finally agree on something other than body armor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You ignored his question. How many mass shootings have happened in Texas this year vs the prior 10?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't use a hand gun
    That's a different story than the one the governor told yesterday. It was reported he used a handgun along with his rifles.

Also, I don't ing care. The avoidance of gun control legislation is every bit as much to blame for this as the execution of pro gun laws, probably more. He should have never been able to buy AR-15s. That's on you and the people you vote for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so you can't see the difference between your original story "lone good guy rushes elementary school, takes out gunman" to the actual story "lone good guy gets outgunned by mass shooter because of his weaponry, waits 30 minutes for backup and tactical unit which take out gunman while 19 kids get murdered"
    Not my story. Good guy with gun. You invented the "lone" part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a different story than the one the governor told yesterday. It was reported he used a handgun along with his rifles.

Also, I don't ing care. The avoidance of gun control legislation is every bit as much to blame for this as the execution of pro gun laws, probably more. He should have never been able to buy AR-15s. That's on you and the people you vote for.
    So your entire point doesn't matter when you're mistaken?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ignored his question. How many mass shootings have happened in Texas this year vs the prior 10?
    It's probably the violent video games and mental health problems, which are unique to the United States of America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably the violent video games and mental health problems, which are unique to the United States of America.
    It's not the games that led to the desire to shoot real people (especially kids) but it is the games (partly) that glamorize AR15s and the "ability" to do so. It's the 24/7 media reminder of what score the last shooter reached, his ranking in history and how his face was plastered all over the news that leads to copy cats, however there are crimes of passion and there are premeditated, prepared attacks (like Vegas, Walmart in El Paso and several others). Regulation of firearms would at least lessen the odds of a crime of passion to this level, since you'd have to cool down some to plan and then you might decide you're not ready to die. Premeditated and planned out attacks though are different. I believe a lot of these ass clowns broadcast their intentions because they're nobodies with an opinion no one wants to hear, so they create manifestos and the news broadcasts it all over the world. Then people get onto these subculture forums and worship it. Somewhere in there is another dip with an idea to do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my story. Good guy with gun. You invented the "lone" part.
    Ohhhh?

A Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.
    "A Border Patrol agent" isn't "lone"? Do you understand how the English language works? "A" is plural?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    fat hands is such an imbecile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the games that led to the desire to shoot real people (especially kids) but it is the games (partly) that glamorize AR15s and the "ability" to do so. It's the 24/7 media reminder of what score the last shooter reached, his ranking in history and how his face was plastered all over the news that leads to copy cats, however there are crimes of passion and there are premeditated, prepared attacks (like Vegas, Walmart in El Paso and several others). Regulation of firearms would at least lessen the odds of a crime of passion to this level, since you'd have to cool down some to plan and then you might decide you're not ready to die. Premeditated and planned out attacks though are different. I believe a lot of these ass clowns broadcast their intentions because they're nobodies with an opinion no one wants to hear, so they create manifestos and the news broadcasts it all over the world. Then people get onto these subculture forums and worship it. Somewhere in there is another dip with an idea to do the same.
    Every other developed country in the world has video games, social media and web forums.

Maybe they have better publicly funded health care for mental issues? Oh, but you guys don't want that either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohhhh?

"A Border Patrol agent" isn't "lone"? Do you understand how the English language works? "A" is plural?
    That was copypasta from the AP story.

Here's what I said

Well it's obvious no one in the school had one but him. Then someone with a gun stopped him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was copypasta from the AP story.

Here's what I said
    Well it's obvious no one in the school had one but him. Then someone with a gun stopped him.
    "someONE"

Can you at least admit it took a TAC team to "stop" him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only there was some way to "check" an 18-year-old's social media content prior to letting him bring home two AR-15's. Sort of a view into his "background," if you will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every other developed country in the world has social media and web forums.
    They have restaurants too, why isn't their obesity level at 50% or higher?

Thread Information