Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lookin' for votes.

Beto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, if we make murder legal-

do you suppose the number of murders increase or decrease?

If we strip away that penalty- do you suppose people would commit murder more easily?

same with guns- you will never stop these incidents 100 percent- but we are not even TRYING to lessen the incidents at this time

gov abbot spent the last year making it EASIER to acquire arsenals…
    you think this is the answer?
    This question will be ignored

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, if we make murder legal-

do you suppose the number of murders increase or decrease?

If we strip away that penalty- do you suppose people would commit murder more easily?

same with guns- you will never stop these incidents 100 percent- but we are not even TRYING to lessen the incidents at this time

gov abbot spent the last year making it EASIER to acquire arsenals…
    you think this is the answer?
    I never said we should do away with laws against murder, dumb . Try to keep up.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...you're right. I can't believe that didn't come to my mind immediately. I guess I always think of Columbine where the kids had grudges. What grudge could a young adult have with a bunch of children.
    As ty as I feel, I can't imagine having a young child today and having to worry about this . When my daughter was in school, they had cops at each of the two entrances. But that's really not much deterrent.
    easy to confuse all these school shootings tbh

i still have several years before kindergarten age to worry about, tho little one is about to start going to daycare in a couple months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott showing more emotion about Beto than the massacred kids.
    Guns and prayers go out to the victims families

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If laws don't keep evil people from doing evil things then what's the point? Keep up with your claims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of talking in this Abbott/Border Patrol slurpfest about these 17 bills signed by Hot Wheels on school safety and mental health, but zero talk on the proliferation of weapons of war that cause schools to need shooter drills and subsidies for more security measures, or the fact that the shooter had no known issues with his mental health which allowed him to buy his weapons.

Seems the common denominator is that guns are everywhere and too easy to obtain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If laws don't keep evil people from doing evil things then what's the point? Keep up with your claims.

Did the laws against murder stop the school shooter?

Law are there to punish the ones that break the law after the fact.

You are too stupid to participate in this discussion.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 05-25-2022 at 01:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the laws against murder stop the school shooter?

Law are there to punish the ones that break the law after the fact.

You are too stupid to participate in this discussion.
    do you think that if they legalized murder, that we would not see any uptick in homicides?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you think that if they legalized murder, that we would not see any uptick in homicides?
    No one is talking about legalizing murder, but nice goal post move.

Laws do not deter criminals that are determined to break the law. You can't possibly argue that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott currently speaking in Uvalde wearing his police cosplay asking people to send their thoughts and prayers and donate to the families.
    Guns and prayers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For starters, a well-regulated militia would include:

Every gun owner must take federally mandated training, tailored to the gun they own, includes mental health check. Must repeat every 2 years

30 day waiting period on new gun purchases

Private gun sales must go through federal broker, also subject to 30 day waiting period

Ban clips larger than 10, confiscate anything larger

Limit ammo purchases everywhere except shooting ranges. Can rent larger clips at the shooting range. Cannot take ammo or large clips from shooting ranges home with you

Raise minimum age of gun ownership to 21

Must carry gun insurance. Insurance company financially liable for any crime committed with said gun

Gun owners are criminally liable if their gun is used in a crime, or accidental shooting by a child, and they are shown to have not properly protected it (locked in safe for example)

Ban military-style protective armor
    +10, Splits. I'm in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Laws do not deter criminals that are determined to break the law. You can't possibly argue that.
    You're the one claiming the laws don't work to stop evil. If something's not against the law by default it's legal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one claiming the laws don't work to stop evil. If something's not against the law by default it's legal.
    God you are stupid. It is totally self evident that laws against murder didn't stop the school shooter. Had he survived the attack, however, the law would have allowed us to punish him. Laws against speeding don't stop people from speeding but they allow the government to give tickets and fines when they are caught. Saying that laws don't stop criminals is not the same as saying we don't need laws.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God you are stupid. It is totally self evident that laws against murder didn't stop the school shooter. Had he survived the attack, however, the law would have allowed us to punish him. Laws against speeding don't stop people from speeding but they allow the government to give tickets and fines when they are caught. Saying that laws don't stop criminals is not the same as saying we don't need laws.
    Didn't you bring up a "war on guns" when no one said anything about making them illegal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a piece of trying to campaign at that event

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't you bring up a "war on guns" when no one said anything about making them illegal?
    it was a linguistic comparison to the war on drugs. And several in here have advocated making guns, or at least certain guns, magazines, ammo, etc. illegal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whinehole said yeah he's gonna take our guns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its not a goalpost move at all. the principle being discussed is whether laws deter actions.

so i'll ask again in another way. do you think that if we legalized rape, more people would get raped?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Makes you wonder why they spend so much money advertising the penalties for driving drunk. Not gonna deter anybody, that’s for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    astonishing to me that people will try to argue that laws are not meant as a deterrent for unwanted behavior. theres no way people actually believe it, they're just doing human pretzels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not a goalpost move at all. the principle being discussed is whether laws deter actions.

so i'll ask again in another way. do you think that if we legalized rape, more people would get raped?
    it's not even a discussion. It is self evident that laws do not always deter people from breaking the law. It might deter some. Acknowledging the FACT that laws do nor deter some people is not even close to saying we don't need laws. It's a stupid argument.

Thread Information