Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a piece of trying to campaign at that event
    True-- Abbott and Patrick are pieces of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't that horse already out of the barn? there are millions on the street already. That doesn't count all the double stack pistols out there.

Do you make possession a misdemeanor? Felony? Capital punishment? How many new prisons do we need to build?

these shooters are already breaking laws that allow capital punishment. If this shooter yesterday was alive and being charged he would face at least 25 capital punishment charges in Texas.

These are serious questions.
    Make kids like this go to the black market (if they even know anybody there) and continue to crack down on it.

There’s no silver bullet on this, but the notion that no regulation can help, even if it may slightly inconvenience rightful owners or nothing can be done is re ed and simply being delusional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd wager the authoritarians that want to take guns away are happier to see mass shootings than the law abiding gun owners of America.
    Not one person in this thread is saying take all guns away. Why can't you disingenuous s ever have an honest conversation about anything gun related.

I own guns. No one is saying ban all guns. Quit being an intellectually dishonest bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why waste time dreaming up that can't possibly be implemented? That's not a rational conversation and just as helpful as "thoughts and prayers".
    lol "dreaming up that can't possibly be implemented"

I didn't even propose an AR ban, which is SA2 cult kryptonite but was actually implemented during the Clinton years and actually did have an affect on mass shootings. But now my compromise proposals are DOA because you say so. Overton window and all that jazz.

If you don't like my list, what do you propose other than "mental health services" and "militarize our kindergartens"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh "waste of time".

Unless it happens to you.
    The only thing he suggested that "might" have stopped the Uvalde shooter would have been raising the age to buy a gun to 21. Emphasis on "might".

Evil is an undeniable and sad part of the world we live in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    easy to confuse all these school shootings tbh

i still have several years before kindergarten age to worry about, tho little one is about to start going to daycare in a couple months
    I mean...it's still pretty rare. And hopefully, the tide turns and makes things safer.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could fire all the useless foreign language teachers today and hire multiple armed guards at every school. Steve Kerr and many leftists don't want security at schools. The only solution is taking away your rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "dreaming up that can't possibly be implemented"

I didn't even propose an AR ban, which is SA2 cult kryptonite but was actually implemented during the Clinton years and actually did have an affect on mass shootings. But now my compromise proposals are DOA because you say so. Overton window and all that jazz.

If you don't like my list, what do you propose other than "mental health services" and "militarize our kindergartens"?
    I didn't say i didn't like your list. I appreciate you having the conversation. I rationally pointed out why it wouldn't be implemented and you tried to paint me as some crazy gun nut which I am definitely not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i still have several years before kindergarten age to worry about, tho little one is about to start going to daycare in a couple months
    I have a daughter on the way. I honestly am worried about the world she will be born into. Less rights than her mother, more likely to get killed in school.... man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could fire all the useless foreign language teachers today and hire multiple armed guards at every school. Steve Kerr and many leftists don't want security at schools. The only solution is taking away your rights.
    So you want to make every school and armed camp?

Yes or no.

Armed security officers end up being kid police with all that implies. If you could guarantee that wouldn't happen I'd consider half of your stupid proposal that you don't even believe in anyway.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It's sad but we all know nothing will change with gun laws so really the only thing that can be done is posting armed guards/police at all public schools, which is depressing and pathetic for the supposed best country on earth

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want to make every school and armed camp?

Yes or no.
    I have no problem with investing in security measures at schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with investing in security measures at schools.
    Like what?

Let's see your list.

Uvalde's school district already has it's own police department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fine I'll bite.
    Guns have been around for ages so how come mass shootings have only started becoming a recent problem? How is this a gun problem? Evidence seems to be pointing more at people and not the weapon as the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because America cares about the image it projects. If they really wanted to they could have blown them all to years ago. In this fantasy reality that the right wingers love envisioning where we become Communist China, murica isn't gonna be ing around in their tactics. Lmao at Nathan holding off an onslaught in his parents basement with the AR15 he bought at Walmart
    "Coulda" "woulda"

But they didnt and Taliban and Vietcong prevailed.

So its doable.

Also the reality is in case of a Civil War. Having guns would be pretty useful IMO.

Its not like 100% of the US army will go against its people. In a civil war the army ruptures into 2.or more sides.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shootin illuminated another tired argument…

”why did the cops HAVE TO arrest the guy- why not let him go and arrest him later- cops are nazis blah blah?”

welp, this guy was chased by police, he got away briefly and ended up killing a bunch of children…

so now…

”why didnt the cops get this guy BEFORE he was able to hurt innocent children?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fine I'll bite.
    Guns have been around for ages so how come mass shootings have only started becoming a recent problem? How is this a gun problem? Evidence seems to be pointing more at people and not the weapon as the issue.
    Mass produced AR-15s and similar weapons have most assuredly NOT been around for ages.

You'll have to show me stats for the mass shooting weapons since their arrival for me to consider your argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a daughter on the way. I honestly am worried about the world she will be born into. Less rights than her mother, more likely to get killed in school.... man
    I got 2 nephews in Elementary and 1 more incoming. Yes what happens in Us schools is disgusting. But reality is US people are sick in the head and although guns are their weapons of choice, the weapons are not 100% responsible for the deaths.

These sick s would resort to arson, home made bombs or other to inflict pain on society.

I do agree automatic weapons should be mainly banned (or require incredible amount of security checks)

But to blame it all on guns is weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got 2 nephews in Elementary and 1 more incoming. Yes what happens in Us schools is disgusting. But reality is US people are sick in the head and although guns are their weapons of choice, the weapons are not 100% responsible for the deaths.

These sick s would resort to arson, home made bombs or other to inflict pain on society.

I do agree automatic weapons should be mainly banned (or require incredible amount of security checks)

But to blame it all on guns is weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok fine I'll bite.
    I am no psychologist but I'm pretty sure social media has played a big part in it. Most of these young shooters seem to be social outcasts and underachievers. Probably not very popular and don't have healthy relationships with others. Just being a teenager figuring out the world is hard enough without all the negatives that go along with social media. Kids can be cruel enough when they aren't hiding behind a keyboard and it's even worse when they are. , just look at the that gets thrown around in here with somewhat functioning adults LOL. Their depression and resentment may build up until the only way they see to be "somebody" is to do something as abhorrent as shooting up a school. Live or die they know people will 'know their name" and talk about them. Sick but true. Tha'ts why I have always advocated not releasing the shooters names in the media and just calling them "a disturbed individual" or whatever euphemism you prefer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is zero chance then how did the drug war policies you criticized get passed and still in effect?

Some states require boat insurance, I've never seen anyone up in arms over the unfair financial burden or suggesting the state should pay for it?? It's getting to the point where it's easier to buy a gun than it is to vote in some states

For me the bottom line is mental health, apparently pro/anti gun people agree it's one of the main sources for these tragedies, but you can barely get support for universal background checks much less continuous psych evaluations- pro gun groups should be all for them and yet they block them whenever possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am no psychologist but I'm pretty sure social media has played a big part in it. Most of these young shooters seem to be social outcasts and underachievers. Probably not very popular and don't have healthy relationships with others. Just being a teenager figuring out the world is hard enough without all the negatives that go along with social media. Kids can be cruel enough when they aren't hiding behind a keyboard and it's even worse when they are. , just look at the that gets thrown around in here with somewhat functioning adults LOL. Their depression and resentment may build up until the only way they see to be "somebody" is to do something as abhorrent as shooting up a school. Live or die they know people will 'know their name" and talk about them. Sick but true. Tha'ts why I have always advocated not releasing the shooters names in the media and just calling them "a disturbed individual" or whatever euphemism you prefer.
    Social media is a hug reason but a broken home much more

Add to that the glorification of weapons and violence by US government and media:
    "We will send billions of lethal aid"
    "Our weapons are the best"
    "We will kill anyone who disagrees with us"

Those 3 reasons above would corrupt a child beyond repair

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    + a dad like you...trust me, Lee, you ain't no picnic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can always move to Texas and little Jr can buy an assault rifle once he's 18, because nothing can be done about it, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social media is a hug reason but a broken home much more

Add to that the glorification of weapons and violence by US government and media:
    "We will send billions of lethal aid"
    "Our weapons are the best"
    "We will kill anyone who disagrees with us"

Those 3 reasons above would corrupt a child beyond repair
    you think teens watch cable news

Thread Information