My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sanantonioreport.org/spurs-c...dxZJKfLwuwS7DM

The secret philanthropist: Coach Popovich’s gruff persona belies his acts of generosity

by Ken Rodriguez

The Popovich legacy transcends his five NBA championships and league-record 1,344 regular season wins. It goes beyond his former players and staffers who serve as head coaches, assistant coaches and general managers, and beyond his politics and place as the social conscience of the league. The legacy extends to a trove of charity, most of it little known: like the SUV Popovich bought for a Spurs intern, the trip to Brazil he secured for a Spurs staffer and the hundreds of pairs of sneakers he’s donated to elementary school students. Then there’s the funding he provides to Haven for Hope, San Antonio’s largest homeless shelter, and the support he gives to the San Antonio Food Bank. “Millions of dollars have been raised with his leadership and engagement,” said Eric Cooper, the Food Bank’s CEO.

read more at the link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sanantonioreport.org/spurs-c...dxZJKfLwuwS7DM

The secret philanthropist: Coach Popovich’s gruff persona belies his acts of generosity

by Ken Rodriguez

The Popovich legacy transcends his five NBA championships and league-record 1,344 regular season wins. It goes beyond his former players and staffers who serve as head coaches, assistant coaches and general managers, and beyond his politics and place as the social conscience of the league. The legacy extends to a trove of charity, most of it little known: like the SUV Popovich bought for a Spurs intern, the trip to Brazil he secured for a Spurs staffer and the hundreds of pairs of sneakers he’s donated to elementary school students. Then there’s the funding he provides to Haven for Hope, San Antonio’s largest homeless shelter, and the support he gives to the San Antonio Food Bank. “Millions of dollars have been raised with his leadership and engagement,” said Eric Cooper, the Food Bank’s CEO.

read more at the link
    Haha those tips have nothing todo with the wine or how wine drunk he is? JK

Pop has an absolute heart of gold. Anyone who says otherwise isn’t paying attention.
    Last edited by KingKev; 05-24-2022 at 12:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    philanthropy with panache. pop practices what he preaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are truly lucky AF to have the people we have had as Spurs. Pop is the GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said it best one time (paraphrasing): “We’re incredibly fortunate to get paid what we do considering what we do.”

Highest paid coach in the history of American sports and he’s honest enough to admit that most of that success is due to the players he’s been lucky enough to coach. Pop’s a good dude and feels like he should pay some of it forward even though he’s not obligated, and I respect that. Good on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man means more to the city than any person/troll here will ever admit. We are lucky to have him and I hope he coaches for years to come

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are truly lucky AF to have the people we have had as Spurs. Pop is the GOAT.
    He's the anti-Manu of tipping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the anti-Manu of tipping
    lololololol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to see Mickey Mantle play baseball, Tom Brady play football, AJ Foyt win at Indy and Pop coach the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    International too.
    Seems like an article referred to Pop buying Africans equipment to access water.

exstatic might know. Or if you could pry Dexs' nose from Pops ass he might be able to tell us.

Thread Information