65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    New world champions in my books

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    South America bullying the Euro champs they're supposed to bully at their home in Europe.

Nothing new here, FIFA only giving South America 4-5 berths in the World Cup to make it compe ive, tbh...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Easier game than any in Copa America or Conmebol qualifiers.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Congrats, Argentina will be expected to duplicate at the World Cup

Odd scheduling. Argentina plays Estonia in a friendly on the 4th then no matches until September

Italy has 4 matches in the next 13 days
    Germany twice
    Hungary
    England

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argentina bragging about a team that has not been able to qualify for the WC and has been defeated by North Macedonia at home

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argentina bragging about a team that has not been able to qualify for the WC and has been defeated by North Macedonia at home
    A team that didn't qualify to the WC winning the European cup.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    just shows the level of euro teams... even an euro cup winner can fail the qualifiers which would never ever happen to Brazil and Argentina those two teams would qualify with sub 17 team all day long in the pendejos continent

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    just shows the level of euro teams... even an euro cup winner can fail the qualifiers which would never ever happen to Brazil and Argentina those two teams would qualify with sub 17 team all day long in the pendejos continent
    Yeah, we just saw the level of the European Champion.

The idea of Brazil or Argentina choking a WC qualification vs Switzerland or Macedonia.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That goes to show Europe is tougher than South America
    Argentina woukd have been slaughtered in the European qualifiers tbh….

Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't put any special importance on yesterday's game, but the conclusion that European qualifying is harder because Italy tied half their games and choked the playoff is re ed.

Bottom line is that European group system makes it so most good teams get an easy group, there are usually no more than two groups in a given Qualy that might have two good teams in it and then they still have the playoff games to recover.

Argentina has struggled in qualifiers before the difference is we haven't choked the playoff spot

In south America you can't get a good group, the only advantage is that since there are more games there is more margin for slumps/injuries

A better question is how would Italy have fared without south American players on their team tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yeah, we just saw the level of the European Champion.

The idea of Brazil or Argentina choking a WC qualification vs Switzerland or Macedonia.
    also why we love the Italy around here tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count

In south America you can't get a good group, the only advantage is that since there are more games there is more margin for slumps/injuries

South America has a single group of 10 with 4/5 qualified so that's 40% qualified and a chance for 50%. I mean even Italy in those conditions would qualify every year tbh so yeah that's a whole good group.
    In Europe you have 55 teams, only 10 qualified directly i.e 18% 13 in total i.e 24%. Over those 55 teams you have like 10 to 12 teams worst than Bolivia and Venezuela, that's still 45 teams. Objective being to get the 1st place there is no real good group. All groups have one or 2 teams that in a good moment can give headache to a big nation. Look at what happened to Italy and even Portugal (who finished second to Serbia), Czech Republic, Sweden

Thinking that South America qualifiers is harder is re ed

Veteran
    Post Count
    Twisting numbers is easy, you have 160% more spots in Europe for 30% more people.

You think there are 33 teams in Europe on par with Colombia, Chile, and Paraguay, sorry I don't see them... If Italy can't beat Bulgaria, north Ireland and Macedonia what makes you think they could beat Bolivia or Venezuela? Czech republic couldnt pass Wales for 2nd place, still went to playoff and lost to Sweden who lost to Poland, all middling teams that would likely lose to colombia or Chile. Portugal choked their group to Serbia, they were the seeded team and failed to beat Serbia twice

I'm all for more intercontinental playoffs, but with the push to increase the number of teams we'll likely see the opposite

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

South America has a single group of 10 with 4/5 qualified so that's 40% qualified and a chance for 50%. I mean even Italy in those conditions would qualify every year tbh so yeah that's a whole good group.
    In Europe you have 55 teams, only 10 qualified directly i.e 18% 13 in total i.e 24%. Over those 55 teams you have like 10 to 12 teams worst than Bolivia and Venezuela, that's still 45 teams. Objective being to get the 1st place there is no real good group. All groups have one or 2 teams that in a good moment can give headache to a big nation. Look at what happened to Italy and even Portugal (who finished second to Serbia), Czech Republic, Sweden

Dude, objectively speaking the SA qualifiers are a lot harder than the Europen ones.

1) you don't get to play amateur NT's like Andorra, Luxemburg, etc.
    2) the pitch and weather conditions are all standarized. You don't get no 4000 meters high games, or 45 degrees games.
    3) You don't have to travel 11K kms to play the games.
    4) you don't have crazy (almost criminal) fans giving the home team a clear advantage.

All these things come into play. Do you really think it would be a walk in the park for Mbappe to play in La Paz?

So no, the European qualifiers aren't even close to being harder than the South American ones. What the European qualifiers have is a ty ass format where a team could be eliminated only by losing a few games. But still, you have to choke pretty hard not to get in because 90% of the teams you play are built with farmers and McDonalds employees.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

lmao, SA qualifiers are way harder.

You all have nice, pristine pitches over there. Go play in the al ude in Bolivia, pitch is a mess and you can't even breathe after the first half.

Paraguay, Venezuela, Peru, you only get the pitch watered if it rained last week. In Colombia you have the cartels.

Not to mention that SA has less teams, but also way less ty teams. Maybe 2-3 out of the 10 teams are crappy, the rest are all compe ive.

Over there you have 55 teams, and over 20 that just plain suck. (look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_F...ication_(UEFA), from Montenegro down, they're all terrible).

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Dude, objectively speaking the SA qualifiers are a lot harder than the Europen ones.

1) you don't get to play amateur NT's like Andorra, Luxemburg, etc.
    2) the pitch and weather conditions are all standarized. You don't get no 4000 meters high games, or 45 degrees games.
    3) You don't have to travel 11K kms to play the games.
    4) you don't have crazy (almost criminal) fans giving the home team a clear advantage.

All these things come into play. Do you really think it would be a walk in the park for Mbappe to play in La Paz?

So no, the European qualifiers aren't even close to being harder than the South American ones. What the European qualifiers have is a ty ass format where a team could be eliminated only by losing a few games. But still, you have to choke pretty hard not to get in because 90% of the teams you play are built with farmers and McDonalds employees.
    lmao, SA qualifiers are way harder.

You all have nice, pristine pitches over there. Go play in the al ude in Bolivia, pitch is a mess and you can't even breathe after the first half.

Paraguay, Venezuela, Peru, you only get the pitch watered if it rained last week. In Colombia you have the cartels.

Not to mention that SA has less teams, but also way less ty teams. Maybe 2-3 out of the 10 teams are crappy, the rest are all compe ive.

Over there you have 55 teams, and over 20 that just plain suck. (look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_F...ication_(UEFA), from Montenegro down, they're all terrible).
    so your arguments are it's harder because physically more demanding ? oh ok

the question here is not about europeans have better condition to play.. sorry if SA is an ass poor continent with ass poor instalations. Questions is: is it harder to qualify ? because al ude because pitches and we don't have swimming pools

Even considering you have 20 teams that suck that's 13 qualified over 35 i.e 37% vs. 50% for SA. Besides in those 20 you mentioned there at least 8 better than ing Ecuador, Venezuela and even Bolivia.. but but al ude

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

the question here is not about europeans have better condition to play.. sorry if SA is an ass poor continent with ass poor instalations. Questions is: is it harder to qualify ? because al ude because pitches and we don't have swimming pools

Even considering you have 20 teams that suck that's 13 qualified over 35 i.e 37% vs. 50% for SA. Besides in those 20 you mentioned there at least 8 better than ing Ecuador, Venezuela and even Bolivia.. but but al ude
    Yeah, it's way harder to qualify in SA. NTs like Chile and Colombia would have qualified to the WC if they had to play in a group with teams like Moldova, Faroe Islands, Austria, Israel and Scotland.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's way harder to qualify in SA. NTs like Chile and Colombia would have qualified to the WC if they had to play in a group with teams like Moldova, Faroe Islands, Austria, Israel and Scotland.

oh really ? You took the only group where both would have a shot.. one out of 10, in 10% of the case Colombia and Chile would qualify in Europe... thats cute and Denmark is not an easy one to deal with not sure Colombia or Chile are way better than Denmark.

I wish I could smoke the fine high quality weed you are on Being first on a group of 5 or 6 is much harder than being top 4 out of 10. You have 10/12 amateur teams in Europe playing the qualifiers out of 55 vs. 3 out of 10 in SA. Besides The more games you play the less chance of choke.

Argentina and Brazil would qualify with sub 17 in this group

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

oh really ? You took the only group where both would have a shot.. one out of 10, in 10% of the case Colombia and Chile would qualify in Europe... thats cute and Denmark is not an easy one to deal with not sure Colombia or Chile are way better than Denmark.

I wish I could smoke the fine high quality weed you are on Being first on a group of 5 or 6 is much harder than being top 4 out of 10. You have 10/12 amateur teams in Europe playing the qualifiers out of 55 vs. 3 out of 10 in SA. Besides The more games you play the less chance of choke.

Argentina and Brazil would qualify with sub 17 in this group
    "The only group"?

Most of the groups are like that. I can keep listing if you want:

-Gibraltar, Latvia, Montenegro, Norway, Turkey

-San Marino, Andorra, Hungry, Albania, Poland

-Liechtestein, Iceland, Armenia, Romania, North Macedonia

And there are more, I'm just tired of listing. Basically every group is a cakewalk except for one, maaaaybe two.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    "The only group"?

Most of the groups are like that. I can keep listing if you want:

-Gibraltar, Latvia, Montenegro, Norway, Turkey

-San Marino, Andorra, Hungry, Albania, Poland

-Liechtestein, Iceland, Armenia, Romania, North Macedonia

And there are more, I'm just tired of listing. Basically every group is a cakewalk except for one, maaaaybe two.
    you are not making any sense, just one is qualified... Colombia or Chile would end up in a group with France or Germany or Spain etc... what would be their odds ? smh... only one group would be manageable for SA teams outside Arg and Brazil and that's the Denmark. The other nine they don't pass

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

" But Conmebol is so easy "
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-03-2022 at 01:38 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you are not making any sense, just one is qualified... Colombia or Chile would end up in a group with France or Germany or Spain etc... what would be their odds ? smh... only one group would be manageable for SA teams outside Arg and Brazil and that's the Denmark. The other nine they don't pass
    One direct spot and a playoffs chance. Chile and Colombia would get, at least, on of those. That's better than what they got in SA.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Germany couldn't beat Italy's subs.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

It's an objective assessment. FIFA isn't throwing money for new stadiums nor mandating teams don't play in the al ude, etc, so effectively that puts an extra layer of difficulty that Euro teams simply do not face and know nothing about.

The odds are actually much better for European top teams, because they play in groups, meaning it's very difficult that a top team will face another top team during qualification. There's no such thing in SA, everybody plays against everybody, adding one more layer of difficulty.

Because most groups are built with 2, sometimes 3 ty teams, it means the odds for any good Euro team is 50% or better.

Thread Information