Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say you …
    Bron is top 5 it may be his last le and he did it in purple and gold
    It’s a le the year Kobe died who has only become more beloved in death … everyone wears his shoes, he the rapist - is now the model for girl dads world wide? Who would have thunk it after Colorado?! I know it grinds
    It’s the only le won with no fans in attendance
    Tied Lakers with Celtics it’s damn memorable you know how I know?
    Because Spur fan sith protests to much … you even give it cute names - “bubble championship” Disney le and Mickey Mouse chip … like children name calling a sign that it matters. Y’all bring it up more than we do .. it’s just one of the 11 since I was born … for me tying Boston is all that matters .
    But It sure seems special to Spurfan
    I never called it a bubble championship, but there aren't exactly a lot of big memorable highlights from that run that NBA fans remember even now only two years later. While the 2022 Lakers are the biggest failure of a season we have ever seen. No contest which is more memorable to NBA fans. And it's so rich that Davis was talking about they would have beaten the Suns with him in the lineup last year but yet they couldn't even hold onto a play-in berth with Davis back, losing it to the worst Spurs team in 25 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I never called it a bubble championship, but there aren't exactly a lot of big memorable highlights from that run that NBA fans remember even now only two years later. While the 2022 Lakers are the biggest failure of a season we have ever seen. No contest which is more memorable to NBA fans. And it's so rich that Davis was talking about they would have beaten the Suns with him in the lineup last year but yet they couldn't even hold onto a play-in berth with Davis back, losing it to the worst Spurs team in 25 years.
    Wait which is the biggest failure was it Nash Dwight Kobe Pau or is it Bron Davis Russ? Or is it Kyrie KD Harden?
    Again no one cares it only comes up as a cautionary tale when a super team fails …
    How many championships have nicknames
    You have the sixers fo fo fo run in 83
    The drive for 5 in 85
    The last dance
    The asterisk in 99
    The meltdown of 2011
    And now the bubble pixie whatever spur fan wanna call it

Not many les have a name I agree 2020 lack moments AD game winner only thing really close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait which is the biggest failure was it Nash Dwight Kobe Pau or is it Bron Davis Russ? Or is it Kyrie KD Harden?
    Again no one cares it only comes up as a cautionary tale when a super team fails …
    How many championships have nicknames
    You have the sixers fo fo fo run in 83
    The drive for 5 in 85
    The last dance
    The asterisk in 99
    The meltdown of 2011
    And now the bubble pixie whatever spur fan wanna call it

Not many les have a name I agree 2020 lack moments AD game winner only thing really close
    2022 Lakers by far

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is only a single true memorable (highlight/s) from that or any run...You win the last game you play.

That's it & that's all.

And we did that. When everybody else was distracted with the COVID, we tore James away from carrying Floyd's decrepit ass around with him long enough to win that last game we played and thus drew even with the Celtics. Now? Well, now I need State to stand up and act like somebody and win the last game they play.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duly noted as I wear my nba official 2020 championship Tshirt I’ll remember 2022 …
    Oh wait, no, I won’t

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fan been extra salty lately Lakers are not even relevant …
    But a lot of shots sent this way …

Is it because Luka is great and y’all have to deal with him for the next decade?
    Is it because light years, the team that damaged your Kawhi and led him to walk the out of the 210 (Side note) hear you guys have a new are code there so weird)
    Or it because we ing suck but still get covered daily (Did Juwan turn us down? Will we include a pick in A Westbrook trade) but no one is talking about Spurs?!
    Or is it because y’all also suck but didn’t get a chance to get the beanpole Bsnchero or Jabari?!
    You sound like your feelings have been hurt by Spurs fans 😂. Take a step away from the interwebs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duly noted as I wear my nba official 2020 championship Tshirt I’ll remember 2022 …
    Oh wait, no, I won’t
    Pretty sad wearing old le gear when you're in the lottery.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You sound like your feelings have been hurt by Spurs fans ��. Take a step away from the interwebs.
    Nope I’m good …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, amb. He/Stern came in there and mandated Earl Strom ride herd & enforce stamp over the '85 Finals. It was Strom who fouled McHale out and sealed that ring in Massachusetts, not in California. That was not by accident. That was straight out of New York.

And we've suffered the sling and arrows of outrageous fortune as well. It doesn't just flow the one way as Boston found out, as then we found out as Cuban came thru, went door-to-door handing up one indictment after another to his fellow owners/OUR farm system. And things changed, the playing field leveled, we were forced to CHANGE, GD it!

Sometimes you eat the bear---sometimes that bear gets up all over you.
    You gotta be impressed they got Len bias and Reggie Lewis killed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, Duncan, and the entire organization had been humiliated by Duncan's wife going public with their marital war, their laundry put on the line for all to see. Sure MSM persistently covered as well as they could, but still, we saw it all. They were this||close to winning that flag, resurrecting themselves from the ashes that consumed them when Duncan's broke just a tiny measure and he flubbed that shot.

Finally, they'd been touched.
    Magic sleeping with men killed the entire 90s. It was also one of the most high profile sports stories ever, likely behind OJ alone.

Duncan? Only spurs fans and lakers fans know. And the spurs ring the next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say you …
    Bron is top 5 it may be his last le and he did it in purple and gold
    It’s a le the year Kobe died who has only become more beloved in death … everyone wears his shoes, he the rapist - is now the model for girl dads world wide? Who would have thunk it after Colorado?! I know it grinds
    It’s the only le won with no fans in attendance
    Tied Lakers with Celtics it’s damn memorable you know how I know?
    Because Spur fan sith protests to much … you even give it cute names - “bubble championship” Disney le and Mickey Mouse chip … like children name calling a sign that it matters. Y’all bring it up more than we do .. it’s just one of the 11 since I was born … for me tying Boston is all that matters .
    But It sure seems special to Spurfan
    Like the 99*? The lakers greatest coach did it for 20 years with the lakers fans lapping it up and it’s perfectly fine but then the script is flipped and it’s like children.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    17-17 just like how the seattle Spurs are 4*

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston/Miami are both true pretenders. Warriors are going to handle either team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat and Warriors are waaay too inconsistent, can’t trust them against GSW

Congrats GS

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like the 99*? The lakers greatest coach did it for 20 years with the lakers fans lapping it up and it’s perfectly fine but then the script is flipped and it’s like children.
    Scroll up and think back …
    I never said 99 was an asterisk year at least if not joking
    Remember I also said Pop was better than Phil and I will say it again here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston/Miami are both true pretenders. Warriors are going to handle either team.
    Warriors aren't that great either. Just goes to show what an insane choke the Suns had last round, they should have cruised easily to a le this year with Giannis out of the way and with nothing but extremely flawed teams in their way. No matter who wins this year, probably have to go back to the 70s to find a weaker champion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors aren't that great either. Just goes to show what an insane choke the Suns had last round, they should have cruised easily to a le this year with Giannis out of the way and with nothing but extremely flawed teams in their way. No matter who wins this year, probably have to go back to the 70s to find a weaker champion.
    They are worlds better than Miami/Boston though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are worlds better than Miami/Boston though.
    Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst le team since the 79 Sonics.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst le team since the 79 Sonics.
    07 Spurs make a case too. Avoiding the Mavs, Suns self-imploded, and played a crappy Jazz and 1 man Cavs team in the last 2 rounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    07 Spurs make a case too. Avoiding the Mavs, Suns self-imploded, and played a crappy Jazz and 1 man Cavs team in the last 2 rounds.
    I don't really see it. That was the one Spurs team that got closest to Prime Duncan, Prime Ginobili, and Prime Parker playing together and their closeout game of the Suns that basically wrapped up the le might have been the best game the franchise had ever played before that game in the 2013 Finals when Green and Neal went nuts on Miami. That was still a really good team that won 58 games and I don't buy the Mavs were the better team that year the way they seemed to run out of gas a bit late in the season.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You gotta be impressed they got Len bias and Reggie Lewis killed.
    Especially Bias, I was stoked back then over that. They was set and it went away in an instant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially Bias, I was stoked back then over that. They was set and it went away in an instant.
    Would have definitely made the 87 Finals interesting. Not sure how long they could have held off Detroit though, Bad Boy Pistons are such an underrated team and Bird was falling apart by 88. Bias wasn't replacing his production.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scroll up and think back …
    I never said 99 was an asterisk year at least if not joking
    Remember I also said Pop was better than Phil and I will say it again here.
    You never chastised Phil for saying it though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs Lakers is a meaningless argument, IMO. San Antonio is not a destination city for spoiled NBA stars. The Spurs had to get extremely fortunate in the draft and then have supreme FO management in order to maintain and build the 20 year dynasty they put together.

The Lakers roll the ball out to their latest group of A Listers who clamor to play there because of the glitz, glam and fame that comes with playing for the more famous of the city’s two NBA teams. The Lakers can reload without trying. They can be completely inept in their front office dealings, but they’ll always have all-stars wanting to play there. When you truly dissect the way the Lakers are run, 75% of the organizations in basketball are managed much more intelligently than they are, but they’ll always ebb and flow their way to intermittent les as superstars come and go through their doors, drawn to to LA like the ocean tides. The NBA needs the Lakers to stay relevant to sell their brand, and so they’ll always be relevant and in the conversation. The Spurs, at the end of the day, can be written off by the league and the only people who care reside in sleepy south Texas.

You can’t compare the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston inconsistent and no heart.

Tatums idol player was Kobme.

It shows.

Brown not sure who he patterned after but it sure ain't Duncans mentality.

Thread Information