Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure we can’t get him latter on he is good offense but on defense he kinda gets beat easily by his man and he has a hard time fighting under screens.
    that‘s exactly what I was talking about. That‘s also basically his only weakness.

People here comparing Murray to Robinson clearly haven’t watched enough tape. Keegan Murray can shoot and character wise is a Spurs type player. I think he’s severely underrated by some folks here.

Chinook is right, this team doesn’t really have good on ball defenders. If you have somebody who can check the other teams PG that puts Vassell and DJ in positions for help defense which they are much better at and DJ can rest more on D and play the passing lanes. That’s why Johnny Davis could be a good fit if his defense translates. That would also mean Keldon could be moved in the future, so take it how you want it.

Top priority should still be starting PF, although it seems like the Spurs keep looking for wings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top priority for the Spurs are wings because I think the team will only go as far as their wings will take them (no pun intended)

having a great guard or wing raises the ceiling. You can get by from there with an average PF or C or both.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Yet the three best players in the league are bigs, they've won the last four MVP's (going 1-3 in the voting this season) and been the best player in the past three playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I dont follow college ball so I have no idea who's who. So thanks for the article so I can understand some names come draft night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me too. i have no interest in AJ and it does appear that the smith and terry interest is legit. and lol at the dramatic fall of baldwin. the dude was a pre-season mock draft lottery pick. now, he might even opt to go back to college.
    Playing for his dad really couldn't have gone worse for him. Hate to see it. I'm still high on his potential. He needs a real program.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything other than a legit power forward at 9 is a complete waste...

We trot out McBuckets and Keldon at the 3 and 4 to start every game the rest of it won't matter we going to be down 15 after 10 minutes as usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson Daniels is a really nice 2A option for the 9th pick. I’m buying his 3 pt shot and think he will be a really good shooter in the NBA. His form looks a consistent every time.

Tall, long, Brandon Roy-esque style on offense, great one on one defense. It’s a good pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy with Dyson Daniels if he’s the pick. I’m increasingly of the belief that one of Murray, Sharpe, and Daniels will be available at #9, and whoever it is, the Spurs should grab him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe riding high off his high school reputation is like if Patrick Baldwin Jr or Jaden Hardy didn’t play this year except we know the result of the latter two yet it’s somehow not a possibility for Sharpe to have had that kind of a subpar season and folks are hailing him as the next greatest thing. It’s almost like people ranking him high on their boards haven’t watched a minute of his tape and are just following the crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PBJ (or Hardy) shouldn’t have played this year tbh since people base their opinions on the unknown, he would have maintained his top 10 projection status

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have a chance at Dyson Daniels?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson Daniels is a really nice 2A option for the 9th pick. I’m buying his 3 pt shot and think he will be a really good shooter in the NBA. His form looks a consistent every time.

Tall, long, Brandon Roy-esque style on offense, great one on one defense. It’s a good pick.
    i'm totally on the Daniels Bandwagon. Can score from 5-6 ft easily, good defender, shoot in progress.

He's my second choice after Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we stay at 9, I'm closing in on whomever is left of Mathurin, Dyson Daniels and Sochan. I'm thinking 2 of them will be picked by Portland and NO, so we'll get that choice made for us, but one of them will be available almost certainly. If not, I'd rather trade back a bit (say 13 & 15) and pick up 2 from Johnny Davis/Jalen Williams + Tari Eason/Duren/Dieng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have a chance at Dyson Daniels?
    IMO it's more on the no side at this point. Portland seems like a great candidate to pick him up. But then again they may trade the pick so they may not be the ones doing the choosing, so who knows.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe riding high off his high school reputation is like if Patrick Baldwin Jr or Jaden Hardy didn’t play this year except we know the result of the latter two yet it’s somehow not a possibility for Sharpe to have had that kind of a subpar season and folks are hailing him as the next greatest thing. It’s almost like people ranking him high on their boards haven’t watched a minute of his tape and are just following the crowd.

Sharpe is not PBJ or Hardy. That's failed logic making that comparison.

Sharpe's athletic skillset and tape looks much better than PBJ.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we stay at 9, I'm closing in on whomever is left of Mathurin, Dyson Daniels and Sochan. I'm thinking 2 of them will be picked by Portland and NO, so we'll get that choice made for us, but one of them will be available almost certainly. If not, I'd rather trade back a bit (say 13 & 15) and pick up 2 from Johnny Davis/Jalen Williams + Tari Eason/Duren/Dieng.
    The better play is to try to trade up and draft K Murray.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO should draft Sochan then offer Sochan for 9 + 20 or 25 and get an extra pick from the Spurs.

NO should know Sochan will be the target pick for the spurs at 9 and try to get that extra pick from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re the three I’m leaning into too.

Mathurin appears to have the most Star potential out of that group, at least on the Offensive side of the ball.

Daniels is going to be a really good all-around player who may only just be learning to play with his new found height.

Sochan appears to fit this current team perfectly, both from a cultural and play style perspective. The question should be asked though if a play-in team really needs to worry about that atm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Keegan, Thomas Robinson won or was a finalist for all the college awards, heavily relied on his post game, and also left as a junior. Seemed like solid pick at 5 in the Anthony Davis draft. And he just couldn’t put it together in the pros.
    Keegan Murray is much closer to a defensive stopper than Thomas Robinson ever was. And Murray has a more developed offensive game. I don't see a flop potential with him at all. He may not turn into an all star but he'll be close, I'd be willing to bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dieng and Jovic too, probably ahead of Mathurian and Sochan Ideally, one of those leftover picks will be available at 20, and we end up getting 2 of the 4.

I'm not at all sold at Daniels though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO should draft Sochan then offer Sochan for 9 + 20 or 25 and get an extra pick from the Spurs.

NO should know Sochan will be the target pick for the spurs at 9 and try to get that extra pick from the Spurs.
    I've been on a Pelican site recently, and Sochan is a very popular choice for them at #8, along with Dyson Daniels and Mathurin. Pretty similar to Spurstalk in terms of player rankings. But they don't have a lot of roster room, and probably don't want to add an additional pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re the three I’m leaning into too.

Mathurin appears to have the most Star potential out of that group, at least on the Offensive side of the ball.

Daniels is going to be a really good all-around player who may only just be learning to play with his new found height.

Sochan appears to fit this current team perfectly, both from a cultural and play style perspective. The question should be asked though if a play-in team really needs to worry about that atm?

Agreed, that's the big question. The Spurs are in need of talent, plain and simple, and they're not winning a championship next year, so getting the BPA is probably more important than having a "balanced" roster that wins 40 or 42 games next year. Though, to be honest, watching KJ play PF for too many games might not be good for my sanity
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-28-2022 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Picking a guy thinking you're going to extort a later team doesn't seem like a very great tactic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say it again I don’t care who they pick at 9 as long as that players floor is a legit starter on a good team and only player I don’t want is Baldwin and Griffin.

Though my new favorite for 20/25 is Procida SG/SF - 6’7 the dude is going to be the real deal he has a beautiful 3 ball and has the ball handling to take it to the rim and poster on dudes. He is extremely athletic and his D is good enough loves to play the passing lanes and ball handling to take it down the court or to dish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been on a Pelican site recently, and Sochan is a very popular choice for them at #8, along with Dyson Daniels and Mathurin. Pretty similar to Spurstalk in terms of player rankings. But they don't have a lot of roster room, and probably don't want to add an additional pick.
    They really are stacked. I don't see Sochan for them, though, unless they really feel like Zion isn't coming back. They have Ingram and Hayes, too, so you're looking at drafting a full-time backup at the 9? It does make their potential defense incredible, but it feels like Daniels would be best if available. If Daniels is gone?

Thread Information