Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really are stacked. I don't see Sochan for them, though, unless they really feel like Zion isn't coming back. They have Ingram and Hayes, too, so you're looking at drafting a full-time backup at the 9? It does make their potential defense incredible, but it feels like Daniels would be best if available. If Daniels is gone?

Yeah, some are speculating that a Herb Jones/Sochan combo would be deadly defensively, which is likely true, even in limited minutes while Zion and BI get rest. If you're looking long term, maybe you think about who's going to replace McCollum, their oldest vet at only 30! Love the way they assembled that team. Having three rookies on the floor at the same time during a playoff game is a pretty astounding accomplishment-- the scouts and FO should be proud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If yall believe Jerry West can identify special talent— Jerry was at the Combine and he’s brought Jalen in for a workout with the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering what folks think about Yannick Nzosa in 2nd round? Draft and stash which is needed given our 4 picks and full roster. He's 18.5 (he's got electrolytes), is 6'11", has a 7'5" wingspan. Very athletic. Great defensive instincts. Very raw offensively, but has potential...in fact he has a little left handed hook shot that reminds of David Robinson's little jump hook.

He fits the bill exactly for what we need. Just not sure he makes it to us at 38. Might be a reach at 25, but given we have 2 earlier draft picks, maybe 25 is not a bad place to take a gamble?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If yall believe Jerry West can identify special talent— Jerry was at the Combine and he’s brought Jalen in for a workout with the Clippers.
    I'm not as high as you are on Jalen but, Jerry West is special and if he's interested then there's probably something there... the bigger question is what entry point is Jerry looking at acquiring a pick to go get him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to jump back on the Jalen Duren or Mark Williams bandwagon lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been on a Pelican site recently, and Sochan is a very popular choice for them at #8, along with Dyson Daniels and Mathurin. Pretty similar to Spurstalk in terms of player rankings. But they don't have a lot of roster room, and probably don't want to add an additional pick.
    If I were them, I'd target my biggest risk: Zion. The chances of him staying there for the long term, healthy, and contributing, are very low. He'll either fatten to 300 lbs +, sustain a serious long term injury (knees, back, feet, or whatever), fall out of grace with his teammates/coaches/FO, and even if he gets back on track, he'll likely see it as an opportunity to seek greener pastures. That relationship is walking on a very thin line that will derail sooner rather than later.

Sochan as a replacement doesn't seem ideal to me, what he provides they already have. I'd use some of the many assets they have to trade up and get Keegan Murray as a long term replacement for Zion at the 4, and that should put pressure on Zion to get back on track and comply. And the minute his trade value is up, I'd flip him for the most assets I can get. He's a ticking time bomb, and I wouldn't want to have that problem on my hands when it blows up. If they do this, they're virtually risk free (or, to be more precise, as much as anyone can be) and they'll have a bright future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's the case, Jerry West might think Jalen Williams can be had in the middle of the second round, because no. 43 is all the Clippers have in this draft, and it'd be hard for them to get a higher pick with virtually no draft assets left in a LONG TIME to use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a difference between Jalen being valued as a second round pick vs him being there because other teams didn’t see the value West does if he had a pick higher. Honestly, I can see a scenario where he does get picked mid lottery and West, having the savvy FO experience he has, would offer trade assets for a different player on the team that picks Jalen and West somehow convinces that team to add Jalen as the throw-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keegan Murray lasts until 7 with Portland, offer the 9, the 20, and McNuggets for him. You'll get a better player in return, fill a desperate need at PF, and use the 25 and 38 to fill other positions of need. Hey this team need an influx of talent and this draft is our chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was lurking on the Trailblazers fan website and some guy suggested their #7 for the spurs #9 & #25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a difference between Jalen being valued as a second round pick vs him being there because other teams didn’t see the value West does if he had a pick higher. Honestly, I can see a scenario where he does get picked mid lottery and West, having the savvy FO experience he has, would offer trade assets for a different player on the team that picks Jalen and West somehow convinces that team to add Jalen as the throw-in.
    I have no problem with Jalen Williams as a prospect, he does seem very intriguing for all the reasons you mentioned, and I'm fine with using no. 20 or trading for him (down from 9, or up from 20). The only thing that gives me pause is using a top 10 pick to get a guy at 9 you can get later on. But certainly I don't envision him dropping to the 2nd round either. 15-25 seems like the range for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ue-final-four/

Interesting article which spotted Pop at the Euro league Final Four sitting closely with Tristan Vukcevic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was lurking on the Trailblazers fan website and some guy suggested their #7 for the spurs #9 & #25.
    That seems like a good back pocket play if there is someone they absolutely love is a 7 who they know NOLA will pick at 8. I’m dubious there is THAT much of a difference between the prospects in the 7-12 range to justify the move up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ue-final-four/

Interesting article which spotted Pop at the Euro league Final Four sitting closely with Tristan Vukcevic.
    Hanging with Zarko Paspalj.
    Now that's a name I hadn't thought of in a long, long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PBJ (or Hardy) shouldn’t have played this year tbh since people base their opinions on the unknown, he would have maintained his top 10 projection status
    I don't have a son, but if I did I'd never let him play in an organized basketball game so he could be picked #1 overall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a son, but if I did I'd never let him play in an organized basketball game so he could be picked #1 overall
    Youtube hype tapes for the win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the way our society is going, it may be possible in the future that you already have one by simply identifying/believing it as such. I’d say get in early. I’m claiming Chet as mine as I’m neither skinny nor tall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more watch of Minott, the more I like…

the Spurs can fix their PF woes with this guy tbh. Really intriguing. Moves around like a deer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more watch of Minott, the more I like…

the Spurs can fix their PF woes with this guy tbh. Really intriguing. Moves around like a deer
    Yup, he's probably the biggest upside guy we can take with the 38th. I liked Procida with that pick, but Minott is another great option. I have a feeling he'll be picked before 38 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, he's probably the biggest upside guy we can take with the 38th. I liked Procida with that pick, but Minott is another great option. I have a feeling he'll be picked before 38 though.
    Procida is gonna go in the first rd Minott has a chance too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick 20 & 25, anything goes tbh lol I wouldn’t look at any projected draft positions or anything like that to determine who the spurs might draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Procida is gonna go in the first rd Minott has a chance too..
    Unless someone falls (like Blake Wesley) I have no problem using 25 on either of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

is it just me that thinks his voice sounds like Tim Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess Jerry sees what I see

Thread Information