Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    you are not making any sense, just one is qualified... Colombia or Chile would end up in a group with France or Germany or Spain etc... what would be their odds ? smh... only one group would be manageable for SA teams outside Arg and Brazil and that's the Denmark. The other nine they don't pass

This cucking was in France too, and only a few years ago...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Meanwhile Argentina owning another Euro powerhouse as we speak

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    European NT play is on another level, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The teams in Europe are just too ty. And I bet Estonia is waaaay better than San Marin

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Stat-padding in a friendly against the 110th NT in FIFA rankings is peak midget tbh
    Last edited by Bynumite; 06-05-2022 at 06:24 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Stat-padding in a friendly against the 110th NT in FIFA rankings is peak midget tbh
    No lies detected

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    No lies detected
    Haters gonna hate, tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argies

more difficult to finish top 4 on a group of 10 than finish 1st in a group of 5 or 6

that's some south american logic right there... not surprising SA has only 1 fields medal but various nobel prizes in literature

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    reading those guys, you would believe that South America won the last 4 WCs or something...

My Team
    France
    Post Count

This cucking was in France too, and only a few years ago...
    and we can conclude from this game that Colombia > France and Colombia would qualify 1st in France Group

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argies

more difficult to finish top 4 on a group of 10 than finish 1st in a group of 5 or 6

that's some south american logic right there... not surprising SA has only 1 fields medal but various nobel prizes in literature
    Group of 5-6 half of which are countries like San Marin or Estnia...

Heads of the groups never play against each other

Pretending only 10 teams qualify (10 groups), when you have 13 spots

"logic"

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    and we can conclude from this game that Colombia > France and Colombia would qualify 1st in France Group

We can conclude a team like Colombia isn't scared to play against France in Europe, or anywhere else. It would be compe ive.

Can you say the same about San Marin playing any South American team? Of course not

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Group of 5-6 half of which are countries like San Marin or Estnia...

Heads of the groups never play against each other

Pretending only 10 teams qualify (10 groups), when you have 13 spots

"logic"
    oh look a fields medalist in action

pretending I haven't addressed that already 12 hairdressers teams over 55 teams meanwhile group of 10 with Venezuela and Ecuador

pretending that playing 20 games is not better for big nation vs. 10 or 12

pretending I haven't addressed that already, 13 out of 55 or even 43 removing the hairdresser still less than 4 out of 10. Also for SA it can be 5 out of 10 and not just 4.

fields medal.. I have checked, no Argentinean tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    We can conclude a team like Colombia isn't scared to play against France in Europe, or anywhere else. It would be compe ive.

Can you say the same about San Marin playing any South American team? Of course not
    cherry picking
    Colombia would qualify 1st in France group
    comparing Colombia with San Marino

Veteran
    Post Count

pretending I haven't addressed that already 12 hairdressers teams over 55 teams meanwhile group of 10 with Venezuela and Ecuador

pretending I haven't addressed that already, 13 out of 55 or even 43 removing the hairdresser still less than 4 out of 10. Also for SA it can be 5 out of 10 and not just 4.

This is your problem here, you think Venezuela and Ecuador are comparable to the weak teams in Europe when they are several levels better.

The 10 seeded teams in Europe absolutely have easy path to WC, I haven't got the exact number but I'm certain they qualify over 90% of the time.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think this inequality in choosing teams is mainly due to TV/streaming revenue.
    Its always been clear the US and Mexico, two very high population countries are given the easiest way in.
    Europe is very densely populated, so it might be the same deal? Europeans will watch all the European teams.

Or its just the powers that be, FIFA and or UEFA, are mainly European run operations?

Or I am way off on all counts?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Just another stat that ilustrates the compe ion usually faced in each confederation.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    reading those guys, you would believe that South America won the last 4 WCs or something...
    No, it's just that folks talk of European football as if it were on another level and the truth is that it just isn't.

Same with the qualifiers. It isn't harder on Europe, it's just that it has a ty ass format and you could be left out losing just one or two games. But that doesn't mean they are harder. In South America you know that if you aren't at your best, you can lose any game. In Europe you cruise through most of the games vs amateur level teams and only play two or three compe ive games per group.

About the World Cup, it will most likely go to Europe again. The odds will always favour them: it's Argentina and Brazil vs 6 or 7 countries from Europe that can win it, but that's a matter of quan y, not about the quality of play being on another level.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia as ty as they look, run circles around the Estonia, San Marino, Gibraltar (lol), Moldova, etc. Heck Ecuador not only qualified for this World Cup, they're ranked #12 worldwide by FIFA.

This is the problem with this argument, the ty teams in Europe are substantially tier.

Also, that you 'have addressed' the total count doesn't actually address the fact that the group setting means top teams never play against each-other to qualify, and that does skew the odds each team actually has to qualify.

Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, they all have to play against each other, potentially drop points, give other teams a chance to get points and qualify. The whole 'head of the group' setting basically makes it easy for top teams to have substantially better odds to make it. There's no such thing in SA.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    cherry picking
    Colombia would qualify 1st in France group
    comparing Colombia with San Marino
    You didn't answer the question.

And it's you that's trying to drive down the lower-tier of SA teams to justify Europe is harder (trying to prop up San Marin would be ridiculous).

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Also, Colombia or Chile are great examples, because they're teams that are compe ive with any nation in Europe, yet couldn't survive the SA qualifiers. Ecuador made it, Peru will play against Australia for a spot. Chile was only 4 points behind.

Another tidbit: Venezuela is the only team that never qualified to a World Cup in South America. All the other teams have multiple appearances (at least 3+) in various World Cups.

In UEFA all these teams never been there: Finland, North Macedonia, Albania, Luxembourg, Georgia, Estonia, Montenegro, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Cyprus, Andorra, Moldova, Gibraltar, Malta, San Marino and Liechtenstein.

That's 22 out of 55 teams which are absolute trash, and I'm skipping over Iceland, Slovakia, Bosnia and Israel that only made it once, otherwise we're talking just about half of the teams there.

Also lol @ only the first one in the group qualifies. Second teams go to a playoff, and even some third place teams can qualify via the Nation's League.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    The South American teams have a tougher qualification without a doubt… most of their unqualified teams would still be able to best some of the qualified teams from Europe.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Argentina and Brazil are favorites to win the 2022 WC IMHO.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 06-09-2022 at 10:18 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    This is your problem here, you think Venezuela and Ecuador are comparable to the weak teams in Europe when they are several levels better.

The 10 seeded teams in Europe absolutely have easy path to WC, I haven't got the exact number but I'm certain they qualify over 90% of the time.
    the % of the 10 seeded is still lower than Argentina and Brazil. Both have never failed to qualify but it is still certainly because of their competencies

Thread Information