Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, the Spurs might not be a good fit for him. I mean, Tari will have to come in with high confidence to withstand Pop getting all over him for being undisciplined. In that sense, it's definitely a high risk/reward type scenario. Dieng probably feels more like a Spurs type player with European team first upbringing and whatever insider chisme Tony Parker may nor may not be giving them. Still, I can't help but want to see Eason succeed and ideally with the Spurs. If he really does start falling, then hopefully they could get him at 20, but they might still pass on him then for EJ Lidell, or something like that. My gut feeling is that he isn't what the Spurs want.
    Spur fans over rate French players because of Parker. Few turn out very good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we've been saying for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s good. Just keeps falling to 20. But hopefully the Spurs gets to interview him and what makes him tick. Even Pop’s impression on Tim was that he just stared at him and didn’t seem to understand a word he said

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s good. Just keeps falling to 20. But hopefully the Spurs gets to interview him and what makes him tick. Even Pop’s impression on Tim was that he just stared at him and didn’t seem to understand a word he said
    Nobody ever thought Timmy had a low bbiq....they aren't comparable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody ever thought Timmy had a low bbiq....they aren't comparable..
    I didn’t say that. It just Pop commented that he’s talking to Tim and Tim’s face was expressionless. While it’s worth noting that Tim almost got red shirted on his first year in Wake Forest. So first impressions could be deceiving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point here isn't that Eason is quiet or weird or not conversational. It's that when they sit down and look at game video and talk about what they see, he's unable to respond or discuss at an expected level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into his 3 pt. Shooting. It was only 2.4 atts per game for his good year.

As for the 20 minutes advanced stats thing, Brandon Clarke plays about that and is the advanced stats darling of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point here isn't that Eason is quiet or weird or not conversational. It's that when they sit down and look at game video and talk about what they see, he's unable to respond or discuss at an expected level.
    Teams do have access to information we don't, so if they pass on him because of SERIOUS medical or other concerns, you'd have to trust they made the right call given resources available to them. But sometimes there's a lot of BS flying around, so it also wouldn't surprise me if someone throws this stuff around purposefully to lower his stock.
    Last edited by Ariel; 06-09-2022 at 01:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams do have access to information we don't, so if they pass on him because of SERIOUS medical or other concerns, you'd have to trust they made the right call given resources available to them. But sometimes there's a lot of BS flying around, so it also wouldn't surprise me if someone throws this stuff around purposefully to lower his stock.
    Yeah, only this is what LSU fans have been saying. There's a reason he came off the bench. It's okay to admire a player, but his BB IQ issues are real.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet his production statistically was undeniable. It’s a complicated situation. If these rumors are true and he’s falling then grab him later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [The Spurs floated a fake heart condition for Batum, and had him withhold his medial records. Just sayin...]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [The Spurs floated a fake heart condition for Batum, and had him withhold his medial records. Just sayin...]
    Impressively vast conspiracy originating from LSU faithful and spreading to other NBA teams' evaluators just to benefit San Antonio. We appreciate it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/college/lsu/baske...worked-out-for

Eason has upcoming workouts scheduled with Cleveland, Memphis and San Antonio. In addition to his upcoming workouts, the LSU star has already worked out for Minnesota, Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Washington and New York.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a year where we have multiple picks taking a flier Eason makes alot of sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of space cadets man, still at 20 it may be hard to pass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did he transfer after 1year.
    I know college athletes do this now, but is that a red flag?
    I don't really follow college sports so not sure what to make of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be thrilled if Eason landed at 20. He’s a low risk, stratosphere high reward reward if he pans out. The guy could be a Rodman, Jimmy Butler, ultra-athletic defensive guy. Keep dropping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet his production statistically was undeniable. It’s a complicated situation. If these rumors are true and he’s falling then grab him later.
    This. Plus it doesn't take into account any potential misdirection from interested teams OR Tari's desires to not be taken by any particular teams.

To me, I look at his development between his freshman and sop re years as well as his efficiency and productivity. And I say skipping him at 20 would be a foolhardy decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the interviews go well and this is mostly BS, trade up to get him. But if he dances around naked clucking like a chicken... just take him with 25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Plus it doesn't take into account any potential misdirection from interested teams OR Tari's desires to not be taken by any particular teams.
    This isn't misdirection, mother in'LOL. I don't know why you people are having such a hard time with this. This has been the book on Eason from the start and people who actually know how he plays. I'm not saying don't draft him, I'm saying he's really bad about understanding what sets and plays of any sophistication are.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, it’s all speculation. Was Yak going to be traded to CHA? Does Eason, seemingly an articulate and intelligent guy, have difficulty speaking intelligently about the intricacies of basketball because he plays intuitively? There’s barely ever proof, so to speak in rumors. To me its all speculation. And that’s ok, it’s expected.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see some exciting offensive players on the Spurs, not a team trying to primarily win with defense and lagging behind their opponents athletically. Murray is the only one who can push the ball up court.

New Orleans looked more athletic than the Spurs in the play-in game. The spurs had no one who was able to be a go to shot creator to break down a defense in that game.

If you don't have athleticism and top scorers at the 2 and 3 which the Spurs don't have then you need to get some scoring punch out of the 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like his teammates don't like him now the executives don't. Still early 20 guy based on tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh, it’s all speculation. Was Yak going to be traded to CHA? Does Eason, seemingly an articulate and intelligent guy, have difficulty speaking intelligently about the intricacies of basketball because he plays intuitively? There’s barely ever proof, so to speak in rumors. To me its all speculation. And that’s ok, it’s expected.
    Which is precisely why you weight production higher than some supposed lack of BBIQ some "interviewers" claim he's not exhibiting. Of course, PATFO always has and will do their due diligence on the guy. He comes off as a hard worker which also rates highly on my board. And I've had a pretty good track record of saying who will be good in the NBA, pre-draft.

In fact I've listed 6 or 7 guys the Spurs cannot pass up if they're on the board when it comes to their time on the clock. How the Spurs have these guys rated I will defer to simply because they have a LOT more information than we do...but that also doesn't mean they'll always be right. Samanich is a great example. And though I expect Primo to eventually have an above average NBA career, I expect him to be an ultimate disappointment based on what Spurs fans expected/wanted/needed based on the brilliant PATFO taking him a year ahead of time. He'll be a solid NBA player for at least a decade. At the 3.

Tari has a higher ceiling and floor than Primo, imo.

Thread Information