Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mark, but at 9?

I’m still holding to my “pinch CHA” strategy: Draft Duren at 9, have them get anxious about not getting their C, trade back to 13+15 with Duren, grab best available at 13, grab Williams at 15 (no way Cleveland is taking a C at 14).

If we’ve lucky Deing or Sochan are still on the board at 13.
    That supposes that CHA has a strong preference for Duren over Williams. It also supposes that they want to take time to develop a C while the clock is ticking on LaMelo and his extension/new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be okay with Duren at 9. But to trade him to 13 and 15 to get to Mark Williams?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be okay with Duren at 9. But to trade him to 13 and 15 to get to Mark Williams?
    Why would Charlotte trade both 13 and 15 if they can get Williams?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That supposes that CHA has a strong preference for Duren over Williams. It also supposes that they want to take time to develop a C while the clock is ticking on LaMelo and his extension/new contract.
    Correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mark, but at 9?

I’m still holding to my “pinch CHA” strategy: Draft Duren at 9, have them get anxious about not getting their C, trade back to 13+15 with Duren, grab best available at 13, grab Williams at 15 (no way Cleveland is taking a C at 14).

Kenny Atkinson, unlike James Borrego, proved back in the Nets that he was ready to give young players a chance. I really don't fully understand why all the mock compilers are so sure that they want to take another center, even though they drafted Kai Jones and JT Thor just a year ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. The Hornets don't have Jordan, 2. R. Williams, on one leg, was the most dominate player in game 3 of the Finals. Bigs have swept the past 2 MVP Finalists ballot, won the last 4 total and been the best player in the previous 2 playoffs.

I'd be shocked and it'd be malpractice on their part to not either utilize one of those picks on a C or trade for an established one.
    Agreed, but RWlll is a rare and unique guy, and I think the danger here is projecting any young center to be the next RWlll as opposed to the next De'Andre Jordan or Mitc Robinson... I actually really like Mark Williams, and think his best projection is somewhere between Gobert and RWlll, which of course would also be amazing. But the vast majority of center prospects from the last 5 drafts were not necessarily worthy of being top picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mark, but at 9?

That's one scenario where I'm comfortable getting Mark Williams, along with him dropping to 20 (which is even more unlikely IMO). An even better scenario would be: do that, and trade Poeltl + 13 + 25 for Anunoby. Carlotte gets Duren, Toronto get Poeltl + 2 picks, the Spurs get their young AND proven forward plus a high character young center for the future, plus we still take a swing with no. 20. Pretty sweet outcome for all parties involved IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but RWlll is a rare and unique guy, and I think the danger here is projecting any young center to be the next RWlll as opposed to the next De'Andre Jordan or Mitc Robinson... I actually really like Mark Williams, and think his best projection is somewhere between Gobert and RWlll, which of course would also be amazing. But the vast majority of center prospects from the last 5 drafts were not necessarily worthy of being top picks...
    Sure, but he's not that rare. Gobert, Allen and Capela were all picked in the 20s too.

Also, at one time Jordan was considered one of the best C's in the league (the talent pool was weak at the time, but still) and Robinson was considered one of the most intriguing young ones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mark, but at 9?

I like us drafting Duren at 9, but to keep him for ourselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like us drafting Duren at 9, but to keep him for ourselves.
    This is also my preference to be clear. I’m only moving him if a Sochan is still at 13 AND we can get another player at 15.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one scenario where I'm comfortable getting Mark Williams, along with him dropping to 20 (which is even more unlikely IMO). An even better scenario would be: do that, and trade Poeltl + 13 + 25 for Anunoby. Carlotte gets Duren, Toronto get Poeltl + 2 picks, the Spurs get their young AND proven forward plus a high character young center for the future, plus we still take a swing with no. 20. Pretty sweet outcome for all parties involved IMO.
    That would be a nice outcome tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is also my preference to be clear. I’m only moving him if a Sochan is still at 13 AND we can get another player at 15.
    Understood.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantasy Pros | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: First Round Picks, Predictions & Player Notes
    Mike Randle, June 13, 2022

Pick: 9
    Team: San Antonio Spurs
    Player: Ochai Agbaji
    Rationale: I have Agbaji going higher than most mocks because I believe in his all-around ability. His shooting prowess and NBA-ready body project him as the perfect 3-and-D player. Agbaji is somehow underrated despite averaging 18.8 PPG and 5.1 RPG while shooting 41 percent from beyond the arc. His ceiling isn’t as high as the players above him, but he finds a perfect landing spot in San Antonio with future Hall of Fame coach Greg Popovich.
    Pick: 20
    Player: Caleb Houston
    Rationale: There is a big disconnect between what fans (particularly of Michigan) think of Houston and NBA scouts. He declined an invite to the NBA combine, likely believing he is already a first-round pick. He only shot 38.4 percent from the floor but 35.4 percent from 3P range. Houston has a smooth jump shot. and scouts are rumored to still be enamored by his five-star talent. The Spurs need three-point shooting, and Houston pairs nicely with Agbaji as San Antonio’s first two draft picks.
    Pick: 25
    Player: Christian Braun
    Rationale: Braun has a National Championship pedigree with super 6-foot-7 size. He is a lights-out shooter at 38.6 percent from beyond the arc and brings a high motor. Braun was at his best in the biggest games and is more athletic than most realize. His high basketball IQ fits perfectly in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy that Fantasy pros mock would be so bad lol might be the worst mock I’ve seen for the spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantasy Pros | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: First Round Picks, Predictions & Player Notes
    Somebody hates us there..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan Nation Inside the Thunder | NBA Mock Draft: Thunder Expedite Rebuild
    Nick Crain, 3 hours ago AKA June 13, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Jalen Duren (Center | Memphis)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops Wire | 2022 NBA Mock Draft
    Sam Amico, June 12, 2022

9. Spurs: Johnny Davis, SG, Wisconsin

20. Spurs: Nikola Jovic, SF, Mega Bemax

25. Spurs: Wendell Moore, SF, Duke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided NBA | NBA Mock Draft 2022: All the trades that could shake up the first-round
    Ian Levy, two days ago AKA June 11, 2022

Following the NBA Draft rumors, the Houston Rockets trade down from No. 3
    Spurs Get
    No. 3
    Daishen Nix

Rockets Get
    No. 9
    No. 20
    Josh Primo
    Keldon Johnson

Here the Spurs give up a fairly rich package to move up and get the big man they covet at No. 3. They’re giving up a lot of pieces but chasing a star and get Nix, an extremely young, defensive-minded guard as someone to develop. The Rockets, missing out on the big man they really want, opt to trade back for some additional bites at the apple. They’re giving up the biggest single asset in the deal but should have chances to grab impact players with the two first-round picks they get in return. They also get Primo, an extremely young player with 3-and-D potential, and a young rotation player in Keldon Johnson would could be a useful piece as they try to pivot towards playoff contention.
    Paolo Banchero
    Big, San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs get their man at No. 3, perhaps the best offensive big man in the class and someone who they should be able to largely run their offense through as soon as next season. He may not be the cleanest fit next to Dejounte Murray but he’s too good a prospect to pass up and the Spurs have repeatedly demonstrated their ability to put players with unique skill sets in the best position to succeed.
    Blake Wesley
    Guard, San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs will add a significant offensive talent with the No. 3 pick. Here they get another budding scorer who can slash and create his own shot from the wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barstool Sports | Steven Cheah's 2022 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    Steven Cheah, 6/11/22

9) San Antonio Spurs - SF AJ Griffin (Duke)

This is a potential pick as he is not even 19 years old and needs some seasoning, but flashed a lot of potential in limited time at Duke.
    20) San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors) - PF Jalen Williams (Santa Clara)

Williams had a really good Combine and if the Spurs are able to add him and AJ Griffin in the same draft, they'd completely re-shape their frontcourt.
    25) San Antonio Spurs (via Boston Celtics) - G Hugo Besson (New Zealand)

French Point Guards have worked out well for the Spurs. They dip back into that pool with their third 1st round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sacramento Bee | NBA mock draft: Smith, Holmgren or Banchero at No. 1? Who will Kings take with No. 4 pick?
    Jason Anderson, June 10, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs Jeremy Sochan, SF/PF, Baylor Height: 6-9 | Weight: 230 | Age: 19 | Freshman Sochan will need time to become a better shooter after averaging 9.2 points on 47/30/59 shooting splits at Baylor, but he could be a top-10 pick due to his size, strength and tenacity as a switchable multi-positional defender with a strong motor.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors) Nikola Jovic, SF, Mega Bemax Height: 6-11 | Weight: 223 | Age: 19 Jovic averaged 12.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 28.4 minutes per game as an 18-year-old in the Adriatic Basketball Association last season. He isn’t the most electrifying athlete in the draft, but he possesses outstanding size, vision and feel for the game.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics) Wendell Moore, SF, Duke Height: 6-5 ˝ | Weight: 217 | Age: 20 | Junior Moore is a long and versatile defender with a 7-foot wingspan and a lot to offer as a 3-and-D wing with playmaking skills. He averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.4 steals as a junior at Duke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst mock i've scene- a true doomsday scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boundless & Ballin' | NBA Mock Draft 2.0 (with Combine Notes)
    Jordan Pagkalinawan, June 10, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Johnny Davis (SG, Wisconsin)

A 6’5” combo guard, Davis broke out for Wisconsin, scoring 19.7 PPG, and turned into a first-round pick with the potential to go in the top ten.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Malaki Branham (SG, Ohio State)
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): Jalen Williams (G, Santa Clara)

Williams was a major draft board riser who helped himself with his strong showing at the Combine.
    38. San Antonio Spurs (via Lakers): Dalen Terry (PG, Arizona)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Gaming Rosters | 2022 NBA Mock Draft – 6/10/22

9 San Antonio Spurs Jalen Duren C Memphis Fr 6’11, 250 lbs
    20 San Antonio Spurs (from TOR) Nikola Jovic PF Serbia N/A 6’11, 223 lbs
    25 San Antonio Spurs (from BOS) Jake LaRavia SF Wake Forest Jr 6’8, 227 lbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TWSN | 2022 First Round NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    Will Lockin, June 13, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs- Bennedict Mathurin

Mathurin is too tantalizing of a prospect to pass up on in the top ten. His talent exceeds any fit concerns mainly because he’d be a fantastic fit on any team. A team like the Spurs can never go wrong with drafting a terrific 3&D prospect who will thrive in any system.
    0. San Antonio Spurs- Malaki Branham

There’s bound to always be a couple fallers in every draft and here it will be Branham. Regardless, San Antonio is picking up a well rounded two-way guard/wing combo player who can shoot it well from three, score in the mid range, pass and defend twos/threes.
    25. San Antonio Spurs- Ismael Kamagate

The third big man will be an international prospect from France. Kamagate is certainly one of the more underrated prospects and could thrive in the Spurs development system. Given their history of developing international players, this could be a fruitful pick in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World News Era | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith moves up to No. 2 to Thunder behind Chet Holmgren at No. 1 to Magic
    Ashleigh Durden, 2 days ago AKA 11 June 2022

Too poorly formatted for clean copy/paste.

9) Duren isn’t really the type of floor-spacing big franchises prefer these days, but he’s such a physical specimen and great athlete that there’s probably a place for him in the top 10 of this draft. At worst, he should be a terrific rim-running and rim-protecting center who alters shots, dunks everything and is good enough guarding in space.
    20) Hardy didn’t do much over the past year to help his draft stock — but he’s still a likely first-round talent capable of developing into a special scorer. Being drafted by a strong-cultured franchise like San Antonio would probably be the best thing for the trajectory of his career.
    25) Braun is a wing with size who can guard his position, reliably make jumpers and finish in transition. He’s the type of prospect who could flourish with a San Antonio franchise that already has some other interesting young pieces.

Thread Information