Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-03-2022 at 11:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    downloadmoreram.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    downloadmoreram.com
    Wouldn't work, the problem was Alder Lake non-K cpus locking down the VCCSA at 0.95V so that I couldn't give my cpu's memory controller enough voltage to work reliably at 1800MHz, thus making the only way I could run my DDR4 3600 RAM at 3600 MT/s would be to run in Gear 2 where the IMC's clock was dropped in half to 900MHz. But this increases latency pretty badly and Gear 2 is only useful with extremely fast RAM, say 4400 MT/s or higher. So I dropped my RAM to 3200 MT/s speed which allowed it to run in Gear 1 with the IMC's clock at 1600MHz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you try a full shut down and restart?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't work, the problem was Alder Lake non-K cpus locking down the VCCSA at 0.95V so that I couldn't give my cpu's memory controller enough voltage to work reliably at 1800MHz, thus making the only way I could run my DDR4 3600 RAM at 3600 MT/s would be to run in Gear 2 where the IMC's clock was dropped in half to 900MHz. But this increases latency pretty badly and Gear 2 is only useful with extremely fast RAM, say 4400 MT/s or higher. So I dropped my RAM to 3200 MT/s speed which allowed it to run in Gear 1 with the IMC's clock at 1600MHz.
    There is an article on that issue.

https://wccftech.com/msis-latest-z69...compatibility/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it's a terrible solution. DDR4 3600 at Gear 2 is slow as , comparable to like DDR4 2400 or maybe DDR4 2666 at Gear 1. But Intel left MSI with no other option since it's the only way to get DDR4 3600 or faster XMP profiles running on locked Alder Lake chips and people will blame the RAM or the board before they'll blame the cpu.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just a heads up on an older desk top tower type machines...those vents in the sides can get quite dusty. My machine nearly seized up conveying a fan problem upon the restart. The tower is on the floor. I crawled down there, hands and knees and sure as both sides were nearly sealed. I got the shop vacuum out of the garage and sucked it all out and the machine came back to life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a heads up on an older desk top tower type machines...those vents in the sides can get quite dusty. My machine nearly seized up conveying a fan problem upon the restart. The tower is on the floor. I crawled down there, hands and knees and sure as both sides were nearly sealed. I got the shop vacuum out of the garage and sucked it all out and the machine came back to life.
    Easiest way to clean a dusty PC is to take it outside, remove the panels, and blast it with the leaf blower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just about to post this but you obviously found it already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easiest way to clean a dusty PC is to take it outside, remove the panels, and blast it with the leaf blower.
    Or air hose if you don't like your neighbor that much. Also, make you a stand with a couple IKEA accessories (legs and bench top). Get your tower off the floor.

Thread Information