Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished watching Hustle as well...surprisingly well done, and a ton of NBA cameos, references, etc.

How has nobody mentioned that recent (and short-time) Spur Juancho Hernangomez plays a main role!?
    How about the Boris Diaw reference? And how the Philly ownership situation was basically Fredo vs Jeannie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished watching Hustle as well...surprisingly well done, and a ton of NBA cameos, references, etc.

How has nobody mentioned that recent (and short-time) Spur Juancho Hernangomez plays a main role!?
    Juancho was legit great in Hustle. It’s the best acting an NBA player has displayed since Ray Allen in “He Got Game”. Juancho finished the season strong in Utah, though I was hoping he got a little more burn in SA before the Spurs moved on. He wasn’t gonna be the best player ever and he’s basically the same age as Jock and KBD, i guess the Spurs figured that juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the Boris Diaw reference? And how the Philly ownership situation was basically Fredo vs Jeannie?
    That was great...just missing the "that was not difficult"

They also showed Manu's foul when they were rolling credits for Dirk. It still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really impressed with Sandler in Hustle. ing loved all the Anthony Edwards talked too, was dying laughing in his scenes.
    You guys have spurred my interest. Thanks for no spoilers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hustle was nice. Kinda weird nobody here mentioned Sunset Park

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just watched Hustle last night and it was a pleasant surprise. I normally don’t like Sandler’s regurgirated movies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really impressed with Sandler in Hustle. ing loved all the Anthony Edwards talked too, was dying laughing in his scenes.
    Watched last night. It was surprisingly good. Also timely given timing of current draft cycle etc.

If we only had THAT Juancho lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just watched Hustle last night and it was a pleasant surprise. I normally don’t like Sandler’s regurgirated movies.
    For a guy who built his career on the likes of Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and Little Nicky...he's put out some really solid dramas lately including Uncut Gems and Hustle.

Although as dumb as it is, Happy Gilmore is still a classic imo. I also have a soft spot for The Wedding Singer even if it's a silly rom-com....great soundtrack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched last night. It was surprisingly good. Also timely given timing of current draft cycle etc.

If we only had THAT Juancho lol.
    We had him. He wasn’t that good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had him. He wasn’t that good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO literally had the Spanish version of Jesus Shuttlesworth and let him go for nothing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunset Park

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With dude from Onyx. Don’t think I’ve seen this since late 90s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With dude from Onyx. Don’t think I’ve seen this since late 90s
    Fredro Starr stuntin hard in that yellow goose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was in moesha too i think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoosiers was really good (I think it's now called something different as I recall seeing it under a different name on IMDB), but I wanted to say, man, forgot all about "The Air Up There". I thought that movie was really underrated.

Also "Above The Rim" which had Tupac in it, that was one of my all time favourites.

A couple of others on the darker side was Rebound (not the Martin Lawrence one) based on Earl 'The Goat' Manigault's story (at the start of the movie Kareem Abdul Jabbar said he was the greatest player he ever saw that never made it to the NBA due to doing drugs). I remember a scene where they taped money to the top of the backboard and Earl jumped up there, grabbed the money and put a coin on top while also having a joint in his mouth (not sure how true that was).

There was also another one in the early '90s in which Michael Jordan was supposed to star in but never made it so they got Bo Kimble from the Clippers instead. Heaven is a Playground. I thought it was decent. Haven't watched it since I was a kid, though, so may not be as good as I remember. Hakeem was also in it as an opposing player on the other team. I don't think the Basketball action was that great. It was also based on a book, but people said it didn't come close to the book.

I also now really like Blue Chips. When I was a kid, didn't like it much as it didn't have that happy ending, but watching it years later, I really liked the movie showing the recruiting corruption to get players into your school program.

Has anyone ever seen Love and Basketball (this is one I missed out on that people used to tell me is good). Not sure it's more a romance movie, though.

I remember seeing a TV movie about Isiah Thomas growing up in Chicago. Seems he really had it tough. I think one of his older brothers was better than him, but fell into the life. I don't know if it was as good as I remember. Can't remember the name of it. Edit : Just found the movie, it's actually about his mother if anyone wants to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6gMAox524

Is this the Hank Gathers movie https://www.imdb.com/ le/tt0104270...tt_sims_tt_i_1 I wouldn't mind watching it, but not sure if I can find anywhere to watch it.

The was also a TV series called 'The Hoop Life' which I wanted to watch, but can't find anywhere. I think it was about a player that missed the shot to win the Championship and how his life turned out after missing the shot. Instead of making the pros, he had to play in a lower league. Not sure if I am remembering it right as I only saw a few episodes from the season when it was airing.

Heaven Is A Playground was our basketball flick. Above the Rim too. Blue Chips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and New York Undercover. Till this day have never been able to find that show anywhere online.

Thread Information