Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff: You worked out with the Spurs ahead of the NBA Draft. How was that?

Jalen: It was really a one-on-one workout. That was expected from San Antonio. It was early and kind of in and out.

Jeff: Did you interview with any of the staff?

Jalen: We got to interview with coach [Gregg] Popovich. That was a pretty cool experience. Something I definitely didn't take for granted, but it was a good workout.

Now it's kind of up in the air with how everyone feels. I had a really solid workout. It was really cool to meet the whole [Spurs] staff and just go through that process with them.

Jeff: Is there a player on the Spurs roster you'd like to play with?

Jalen: I think Dejounte [Murray] is really the pull. We have a lot of similar metrics, and with our wingspans, and what we bring to the defensive side of the ball.

I definitely think it would be fun. That's who I would be looking forward to playing with if I were to become a Spur.

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports...7-9bfa74343c79

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

highlights:

he says with his growth spurt he’s able to palm the ball and catch it with one hand

he sat down with Popovich when he came in for a workout

Jerry West was watching him shoot during the Clippers workout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would be 1 of the steals this years draft but not at 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh his parents were in the AF. So they’re familiar with San Antonio at least.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love to see this young man in a spurs uniform. If the organization thinks highly enough of him to take him at 9 so be it. If not, I really hope he’s there at 20 or they trade up to snag him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like a Spur to me

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont know if Charlotte would do this but it is kind of off the one that was posted earlier this year. spurs send 9 and poeltl, mc dermot to Charlotte for 12, 15 and Kai jones and Oubre. I would also try and get their pick for next year pick with some protections (10?) We could also make the stipulation they could not draft williams. Since we would be making the pick for them I think we could make this. this would give us the ability to draft williams and then someone else at 15. I would hope we would trade one of either 20 or 25 for a future 1st but I also see 5 players I want now. 5 is to many rookies to bring into camp next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Post All-star break numbers are flat out ridiculous.

Games Field Goals Three Points Free Throws Rebounds Miscellaneous
    All-Star Break G Min FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OR DR Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
    Pre-All Star 53 29:03 4.9 9.6 50.8 0.9 2.7 32.4 1.5 2.0 75.9 0.9 3.2 4.1 2.9 1.6 1.2 0.5 2.5 12.2
    Post-All Star 5 39:28 9.0 16.4 54.9 1.6 3.8 42.1 3.8 4.6 82.6 2.0 3.8 5.8 5.8 1.6 2.6 0.2 3.6 23.4

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a great example why you stockpile draft picks. Eventually you’ll land a legitimate winning player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been fantastic. I still take Jermey at 9 though, and no way we was falling to 20. Looks like we’ve got something with Blake and Malachi but wouldn’t have been sad if they packaged those to get Jalen at one of those Knicks picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was very high on this guy. No surprise that he's one of the better players in his draft class, but we got great picks too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte was very high on this guy. Good take. I was wrong with Johnny Davis and happily admit. But I'd still take Sochan over JDub. And I'm not sorry Spurs ended up with Malaki and Blake also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte was very high on this guy. Good take. I was wrong with Johnny Davis and happily admit. But I'd still take Sochan over JDub. And I'm not sorry Spurs ended up with Malaki and Blake also.
    I also got it completely wrong with Johnny Davis, but didn’t think Sochan over him was bad.

My wish that draft was for the spurs to have made a serious play for the 11th pick to get Jalen Williams or Duren, but I’m pleasantly surprised with Malikai at 20.

I think when they redraft the class in 3 years, each of our guys will be slotted higher than where they were picked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know &#*+ about draft prospects but he seemed really intriguing and was on my short list.
    I think I still go with Sochan
    Sochan's 2 years younger, bigger and has a better accent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked him a lot, wrote this about him June 5:

Jalen Williams is already the player that Spurs fans imagine Primo could eventually turn into, and he might slide out of the lottery.

Primo is just too slow and ground bound.

Knowing everything we know now, in this draft I think Primo is still a first rounder with his size. Maybe late first.
    And I think it was true. For the Spurs also. At that size with that frame, Primo was the scrub version of Jalen Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people should give up on their favourite draft picks for underperforming, that is until at least the end of their rookie contract.
    Johnny Davis may still turn into a nice player. Way too early to make that call atm.
    Saadiq Bey for example, has kind of plateaued in year 2 and 3 after a nice rookie year. Already traded too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people should give up on their favourite draft picks for underperforming, that is until at least the end of their rookie contract.
    Johnny Davis may still turn into a nice player. Way too early to make that call atm.
    Saadiq Bey for example, has kind of plateaued in year 2 and 3 after a nice rookie year. Already traded too.
    Good take but it's hard for some to understand it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JD can’t even earn minutes on the parent club. A top 10 lottery pick can’t earn minutes on a lottery team. That’s beyond bad. It borders on pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea have to give Dejounte props he really liked this cat so much he wanted us to use our highest pick on him he was that confident in his man. I still like Sochan just wish he would rebound better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good take but it's hard for some to understand it.
    Yea Sean Elliot is always going off on teams giving up way to early on a lot of kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a great example why you stockpile draft picks. Eventually you’ll land a legitimate winning player.
    Historically, Presti is really poor at drafting outside the top 10, so he can use the extra picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically, Presti is really poor at drafting outside the top 10, so he can use the extra picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also liked him, just not at no. 9. But I really wanted an extra late lottery pick to get him, Tari Eason, Duren, etc... ah, too bad.

Thread Information