San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn 7-2 wing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a good read:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...p-20-pick/amp/

One of three children, you grow up in a household of accountability with your parents, Nicole and Ron Williams. They served in the United States Air Force, both having been stationed in Germany, South Korea, Japan and across the U.S. Mom a medical technician; Dad a senior master sergeant, who helped engineer military aircraft.
    "As good of a family that I've ever been around," Santa Clara assistant Jason Ludwig says. "Unbelievable people. They're all about the right things."

You're scheduled to meet with 13 teams. Then two more want to talk to you. They want to talk to you because you're arguably the winner of the combine before you're even done doing everything in Chicago. How does someone go from Santa Clara to a first-round draft pick in 2022? They show up, don't dodge playing 5-on-5, and look good in the first game. Most prospects would be advised to skip the second game the next day. Teams ask if you're going to play again. Of course you're going to play again. The days of hiding somebody to give off that aura of having something special, that jig is up. Teams are now rewarding players if they play in the combine and play well. General managers want to reward the ones who aren't afraid.
    "I feel like a lot of players for whatever reason decided that's not for them, but I sure as didn't fly to Chicago to not play," you say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I would love for this guy to be the guy… things never happen my way.

So will just fantasize about this guy being a Spur until reality sets in and we draft someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm straight up convinced.
    Grab this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I would love for this guy to be the guy… things never happen my way.

So will just fantasize about this guy being a Spur until reality sets in and we draft someone else.
    At 20 or 25?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was really surprised at his testing, he really doesn't look that athletic in films. Can't think of another player like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What explains the discrepancy between the athletic testing and the lack of pop on film? He seems to play quite deliberately, with good pace, under control - perhaps this is why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What explains the discrepancy between the athletic testing and the lack of pop on film? He seems to play quite deliberately, with good pace, under control - perhaps this is why

I posted this a few weeks back. You can def. train to improve with the right base which these guys all have.

Tre Jones also was a client here and he looked completely different in workout environments than previous film suggested. He’s for the most part, carried that to the NBA.

Jalen’s game would take on another dimension if he’s able to functionally incorporate this into basketball related skills.

If you pass at #9, doubt he gets past Cleveland at #14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are shocked when a guy like Curry can dominate the game because it’s hard to perceive skill and IQ trumping athleticism in the game of basketball. When you’re athletic, fast and know when and how to use it, that’s what separates you from other basketball players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve listened to so many draft interviews; I think it was this one where Jalen says he’s still getting used to his newfound size and athleticism:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3MD...R0OSToCJ_sNgNw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen ted on the city of Chicago recently for having expensive burgers that are small and “don’t even have bacon”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An extra long wingspan for a shorter player may simply cause him to leave knuckle drag marks in sand or snow. Romain Sato comes to mind. Wasn't he like 6'5" with a 7'2" wingspan and was released during his rookie season without ever playing a game for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An extra long wingspan for a shorter player may simply cause him to leave knuckle drag marks in sand or snow. Romain Sato comes to mind. Wasn't he like 6'5" with a 7'2" wingspan and was released during his rookie season without ever playing a game for the Spurs.
    Yeah, measurements are cool and all. Then you play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone would love to have Williams on their team. The question is where to go for him. To me he projects as a solid starter or great bench guy. He seems to be in the 12-24 range, with teams like Cleveland or Memphis prime to grab him. I don't think he's worth the 9 at this point.

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sochan is gone, this is the guy for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I've been saying for a while, if possible trade back and get 2 players in the teens... that's much better value than reaching for someone at 9. In fact, I'd try my best to trade back from 9, and up from 20/25, to pick up 3 guys in that range... There you'll find Jalen Williams, Tari Eason, Blake Wesley, Malaki Branham, Duren, Mark Williams, etc., plus someone is bound to fall from the top 10 (one from Daniels, Sochan and Johnny Davis, perhaps). If we can't get one sure fire star, getting three starting caliber talents is the next best thing, and maybe even one of them exceeds expectations. This class is flatter and deeper than 2021, which is why I hope the FO doesn't fixate on any one guy, stays flexible and acquires as much talent as possible, which is what we really need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 25 Jalen would be a steal. But I’d take Eason at 20 first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 25 Jalen would be a steal. But I’d take Eason at 20 first.
    Anything can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW was all league WCC.

I will ask.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this guy will be available at #20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at 9. If I want a real two-way player, Davis is the best in this draft. What is the reason why Spurs would pick Jalen over Davis at 9?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romain Sato comes to mind. Wasn't he like 6'5" with a 7'2" wingspan and was released during his rookie season without ever playing a game for the Spurs.
    Any chance Sato was just not down with the NBA lifestyle and wanted to be closer to home in Africa?
    All while making huge bank (in relation to what he came from) and foreign league stars are worshipped.

Just sayin. I don't even remember him. He had a long and varied overseas career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sato was 6-2 with a 6-9 wingspan. He was a defender who couldn't dribble, pass, or shoot at an NBA level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said with M. Williams, I'd be fine with them targeting him, but not at 9. Either trade back from 9 or trade up utilizing some combination of 20, 25 and Richardson.

Not at 9. If I want a real two-way player, Davis is the best in this draft. What is the reason why Spurs would pick Jalen over Davis at 9?
    Bigger (more wing than guard), better shooter, better athlete (at least based on the combine).

Thread Information