San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think the league may have evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think the league may have evidence.
    I'm sure they do.
    How many times have they looked the other way when stars were caught.

Did Jordan gamble on NBA games?
    I don't know but i'd be willing to bet he did.

Steffie Curry going to get rung up if the NBA has evidence he did?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm sure they do.
    How many times have they looked the other way when stars were caught.

Did Jordan gamble on NBA games?
    I don't know but i'd be willing to bet he did.

Steffie Curry going to get rung up if the NBA has evidence he did?
    They don't care that he's gambling, not internal care anyhow. They care that he made it so obvious and tried to rig a bet which harms the NBA/"gaming" company relationships. I use quotations there because the term "gaming" is basically a euphemism for gambling. Gambling just seems too crass. If gaming companies think NBA players are rigging outcomes, they cannot have a reliable risk vs reward model. The NBA can fix games through officiating nuances but they cannot have their soldiers going rogue.

I'm thinking this keeps him out of the hall of fame though.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the third brother just got send to jail for murdering someone.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    That’s part of the problem now with pro leagues and gambling, the fact that it’s so prevalent everywhere, legal in most parts of the country now, easily accessible on a smart phone, and each of these leagues even having contractual relationships with gambling companies. The rules are changing in real time. NFL players just last season were disciplined for “betting” on site in an NFL facility, I believe it wasn’t even betting on the NFL in most cases. But it would have been ok if they were in their car in a McDonalds parking lot across the street.

The big thing here obviously is a player not only betting on his own sport but on his own team and on his own individual prop bets of which he can influence the outcome. But there will likely be other examples that will be more along blurred lines than just easily and obviously right or wrong.

And yeah, I saw the story about the Porters other brother getting sentenced to 6 years for a DUI homicide. Curious how Michael Porter is doing emotionally and how it might affect his performance against the Lakers. I’m guessing not good.

Sounds like a good time for a prop bet on Michael Porter’s stats this series...

Thread Information