Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LGBTQ is, inherently, a sexual iden y. Drag plays into that by over-emphasizing and over-sexualizing various aspects of femininity: s, ass, lips, makeup, etc... All of which is to say that you're cutting the salami way to thin if you think that drag can be non-sexualized: it's inherently a sexual iden y.
    Kids don't have this context, you'd have to explain the "inherent" sexual nature (as you see it) for them to make that connection and they probably still wouldn't know what you're talking about.

For the most part, kids just think it's funny. But they've been putting on mommy's clothes and jewelry and putting basketballs under their shirts to look pregnant for the past century and longer without thinking about s and vaginas or knowing anything about sex.

I don't know if you have kids but I'm guessing if your son got into mommy's makeup you wouldn't chastise him for emphasizing a sexual aspect of femininity.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    this is the part thats transphobic but i dont think will would rely object to that le
    safe to say that anyone who refers to the "trans industrial complex" is probably transphobic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Miley Cyrus needs to be fined?
    A parent taking their five year old to a Miley Cyrus concert is a lot different than taking them to a football game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just say for argument's sake that there's nothing wrong with exposing kids to drag lifestyle early on in their development, what is the actual benefit of doing it?

Kids learned how to read just fine before drag queen story hour, and I've yet to hear what the actual benefits of drag queen story hour are in terms of a child's development. There should be an actual positive thing that comes from it. If the best thing you have to say about drag queen story hour is that it's not harmful to kids, I still see no purpose for it.
    does it have to have extra benefits? cant just be neutral?

you not seeing a purpose for it doesnt really lead to a conclusion that we need to legislate a ban

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    does it have to have extra benefits? cant just be neutral?
    Generally you don't include something in a school's curriculum for kids if it isn't beneficial.

You include math because it benefits the kids' ability to learn math.

You include English because it benefits the kids' ability to read/write.

You include PE so kids don't get fat, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally you don't include something in a school's curriculum for kids if it isn't beneficial.

You include math because it benefits the kids' ability to learn math.

You include English because it benefits the kids' ability to read/write.

You include PE so kids don't get fat, etc.
    story reading sessions are already there and have benefits

teaching kids that different kinds of people exist and that they're just people is also good imo

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A parent taking their five year old to a Miley Cyrus concert is a lot different than taking them to a football game.
    But during the Video Music Awards?

Kids could be watching!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how you defend it, the important thing is that you feel the need to defend it.

Toady's libs smh
    come to the defense of an already marginalized group continuing to be attacked for their very existence? yeah, sure... i definitely feel the need to defend that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come to the defense of an already marginalized group continuing to be attacked for their very existence? yeah, sure... i definitely feel the need to defend that
    Snacks is upset you don't defend him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But during the Video Music Awards?

Kids could be watching!
    Yeah...I think that's in pretty poor taste.

I don't know if you have kids but I would assume you wouldn't want them going around twerking.
    If you had a baby sitter that showed your little kids how to twerk, would you continue to hire her?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Snacks is upset you don't defend him.
    Why pray tell is he "snacks" now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...I think that's in pretty poor taste.
    There's a difference in pooh-poohing something and imposing fines.

Should she be fined?

I don't know if you have kids but I would assume you wouldn't want them going around twerking.
    would be hilarious tbh.

Would have to G them as a P about time and place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for continuing to reveal your paranoid trans obsession in an open forum. Bonus points awarded for making it a grudge post at the same time!
    Do opinions on a message board intimidate you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a difference in pooh-poohing something and imposing fines.

Should she be fined?
    You're the one equating a football game to a Miley Cyrus concert. There's a much higher expectation of Miley Cyrus doing some non-kid friendly .
    I wouldn't take my 5 year old to see Miley Cyrus in her current evolution.

would be hilarious tbh.

Would have to G them as a P about time and place.
    So...I'll take take that as, a no that you don't have kids.
    And you didn't answer the question. Would you continue to use that babysitter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro the left uses "Maps" these days... Tell us again how there's no agenda to be had.
    Bro give me a rant because I'm replying to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one equating a football game to a Miley Cyrus concert. There's a much higher expectation of Miley Cyrus doing some non-kid friendly .
    Awards show. Both televised on basic cable.

What are your basic cable expectations?

Fines all around?

Would you continue to use that babysitter?
    Depends, tbh. A neighborhood girl you've known for years as a basically good kid?

Doesn't seem like a fatality but you're free to react any way you like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both televised on basic cable.
    So you think anything on basic cable is OK for all ages?

on what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think anything on basic cable is OK for all ages?
    I'm asking you.

Apparently you have different standards for the same behavior on the same tier of TV.

I don't know why kids would be forbidden from attending the VMAs. Maybe they are.

I know there are ratings which suggest target audiences, which brings us back to the PG issue. All seems pretty cut and dry.

on what?
    See above.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why pray tell is he "snacks" now
    I encouraged to try modifying snake instead of boy when trying to insult me because there were more choices. He did what I told him and came up with snack instead of snake. Not bad, could be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just say for argument's sake that there's nothing wrong with exposing kids to drag lifestyle early on in their development, what is the actual benefit of doing it?

Kids learned how to read just fine before drag queen story hour, and I've yet to hear what the actual benefits of drag queen story hour are in terms of a child's development. There should be an actual positive thing that comes from it. If the best thing you have to say about drag queen story hour is that it's not harmful to kids, I still see no purpose for it.
    I doesn't benefit the kid. It benefits the LGBTQ community. You know, that community that self identifies based on hate penis/love penis/50% penis/remove penis/any penis. This is what kids need to learn, to self identify based on how they desire or loathe penis. This helps the child molesting groups assimilate these kids into their folds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I encouraged to try modifying snake instead of boy when trying to insult me because there were more choices. He did what I told him and came up with snack instead of snake. Not bad, could be better.
    Odd how he thinks of snack when thinking of a snake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC sure identified himself there.

And Snacks was called Snacks before he begged for moar nicknames.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm asking you.

Apparently you have different standards for the same behavior on the same tier of TV.
    I don't know why kids would be forbidden from attending the VMAs. Maybe they are.
    Not just me. The video awards are TV 14. The NFL is TV G. You can't control what people do in live situations. But again, the expectation is that an NFL game is kid friendly. The VMAs are not for all ages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids don't have this context, you'd have to explain the "inherent" sexual nature (as you see it) for them to make that connection and they probably still wouldn't know what you're talking about.

For the most part, kids just think it's funny. But they've been putting on mommy's clothes and jewelry and putting basketballs under their shirts to look pregnant for the past century and longer without thinking about s and vaginas or knowing anything about sex.

I don't know if you have kids but I'm guessing if your son got into mommy's makeup you wouldn't chastise him for emphasizing a sexual aspect of femininity.
    Kids don't have the context about Barbie, but that hasn't stopped a lot of progressive academics from talking about the subtle and unconscious ways that tangibly affects the development of sexuality, gender norms, etc.... So no, you don't have to explain the inherent sexual nature of it.

I'm sure kids would think its funny to see a stripper twerking on stage, but we draw a line there. I'm not saying the two are 1:1 equivalent, but they are on the same spectrum of exposing children to sexuality. Gauging the appropriateness of doing so based on whether kids laugh or not is exceptionally misguided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    story reading sessions are already there and have benefits

teaching kids that different kinds of people exist and that they're just people is also good imo
    So you have no problem with a white supremacist doing reading hour for 6 year olds in full white dragon garb?

Before you call me a bigot , I'm not saying drag queens are the same as white supremecists. My point is that there is no logic to the statement that "teaching kinds different kinds of people exist."

Thread Information