Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because kids in school are dip s, we don't give the poor kids money, we don't give the fat kids bariatric surgery and we don't give girls with body issues whatever the you'd give them to prevent suicide. So why in this one issue do you pop kids full of drugs where we don't know the long term effects on fertility and none density. It's ing assinine that the answer to prevent suicide is some invasive medical procedure instead of just standard psychological treatments.

Let's not ignore the fact either that kids are going through puberty so the mental imbalance could be from the insane amount of hormones running through their system
    But this is what I mean by being a more complicated issue. Kids in school also have peer pressure, they see somebody being edgy about this thing and want to be too. Some of these social fads ing suck, but if you're a parent, you have to deal with them.

And standard psychological treatments for these kids is always the first step before anything invasive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is what I mean by being a more complicated issue. Kids in school also have peer pressure, they see somebody being edgy about this thing and want to be too. Some of these social fads ing suck, but if you're a parent, you have to deal with them.

And standard psychological treatments for these kids is always the first step before anything invasive.
    And don't forget social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay so it's really a Shania Twain type thing. Is there a length of time that a person has to feel like a different gender before they are a different gender?
    really not getting these references. first the native american comparison now shania twain.

i dont know if theres a time requirement tbh. you should consult with your nearest childrens neuropsych clinic. though i dont think its common for people to wake up one day to an entirely different iden y or sense of self out of the blue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really not getting these references. first the native american comparison now shania twain.

i dont know if theres a time requirement tbh. you should consult with your nearest childrens neuropsych clinic. though i dont think its common for people to wake up one day to an entirely different iden y or sense of self out of the blue
    Old Joe broke him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand that native american part

gender is an iden y. relates to social norms/roles/expectations

sex is a category we've come up with marked by purely biological and/or genetic markers

gender and sex are obviously interrelated as there's a very strong correlation between them
    You don't have separate bathrooms for native Americans where you're at?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And standard psychological treatments
    for these kids is always the first step before anything invasive.

Then use nonstandard psychological treatments, if we're going to use nonstandard medical treatments use nonstandard psychological treatments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then use nonstandard psychological treatments, if we're going to use nonstandard medical treatments use nonstandard psychological treatments.
    I'm no expert on this matter, but I don't think there's anything non-standard about the medical treatments. There's even a ICD-9 code (302.85 for Gender iden y disorder, dates back to 2012) for diagnosis.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no expert on this matter, but I don't think there's anything non-standard about the medical treatments. There's even a ICD-9 code (302.85 for Gender iden y disorder, dates back to 2012) for diagnosis.
    Using drugs meant for castration and brittle bone disease for anything they aren't designed for is what I would consider nonstandard. Using ANY treatment on children without statistical backing for long term effects for "reasons" is what I consider nonstandard. Zero long term studies have been done with these meds for the purpose"gender affirmation"

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Okay so it's really a Shania Twain type thing. Is there a length of time that a person has to feel like a different gender before they are a different gender?
    15 minutes if you ask your average gender activist

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You’ll have to forgive his re ed Gen X Trump humor. Unfortunately for me, I got the reference immediately.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The Native American thing is for sure his unhealthy obsession with Elizabeth Warren, a completely inconsequential person who found a way to trigger the out of every Trump alive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 minutes if you ask your average gender activist
    how long does a guy have to want to suck before you call him gay?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the framing is just amazing. decapitating, chopping up, and murdering a baby because you are poor isnt going overboard at all!

oh wait you are pro choice, so you wouldnt use that framing there. hmm.
    It's not, I'm all for murdering poor welfare babies.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    answering a question with a question

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Plently of people experiment with sexuality when they’re young, and change their mind later.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Does a person have to make physical changes (surgery, drugs) to their body in order to change gender? Or is it a fluid iden y based solely on the state of mind?
    When you're at Bed Bath & Beyond with your wife and she asks you to go pick out some scented candles, you become a woman when you enter the scented candle aisle.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    But that's not what's happening right now. There are doctors who meet with them for an hour and prescribe them hormone treatment without any kind of extensive psychological treatment or analysis as a first step.

I could walk into the doctor, claim to be a woman and get put on hormones with basically no pushback if I wanted to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ll have to forgive his re ed Gen X Trump humor. Unfortunately for me, I got the reference immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using drugs meant for castration and brittle bone disease for anything they aren't designed for is what I would consider nonstandard. Using ANY treatment on children without statistical backing for long term effects for "reasons" is what I consider nonstandard. Zero long term studies have been done with these meds for the purpose"gender affirmation"
    You cannot legally prescribe any of these medicines for children unless they have FDA approval to be used in children.

And sorry, but there's nothing non-standard about using the same medicine to treat different diagnosis. Generally, companies do decide to come up with a different brand name for different uses, but that's strictly for marketing purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's not what's happening right now. There are doctors who meet with them for an hour and prescribe them hormone treatment without any kind of extensive psychological treatment or analysis as a first step.

I could walk into the doctor, claim to be a woman and get put on hormones with basically no pushback if I wanted to.
    I wouldn't doubt there are cases like that, but I do doubt that's the norm, especially because the doctor is putting his career on the line for something that, at least initially, is strictly psychological.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not doubting you, I'm curious to read it, you have a link?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I wouldn't doubt there are cases like that, but I do doubt that's the norm, especially because the doctor is putting his career on the line for something that, at least initially, is strictly psychological.
    Are you really gonna pretend doctors in America jumping the gun on prescriptions without searching for alternatives first isn't a regularly occurring thing?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not doubting you, I'm curious to read it, you have a link?
    It's literally what happened with my stepsister (now step brother).

Graduated from college, never had any thoughts about being trans before, then a year after graduation when her life was going nowhere, she decided that her failure to launch is due to the fact she's a boy trapped in a girl's body...it took her literally one doctor's appointment to start on testosterone therapy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    answering a question with a question
    my original response to the question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plently of people experiment with sexuality when they’re young, and change their mind later.
    probably why people dont get sex change operations the day that start wondering about their gender iden y.

its why younger kids are not put through HRT, but rather on puberty blockers if anything at all

Thread Information