Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i think the signaling that its the LGBT element that inherently makes it worse is the bigoted part. i mean you specifically took offense to "a guy dressed like nicki minaj" as part of your complaint as if that was a critical part of it. if you just cared about sexual indecency, you wouldnt care who the it was accepting money through a thong in front of a lick this pussy sign with children present. but no, you had to make it clear that it was worse because it was a man.
    To be clear, I think a parent taking their 6 year old son to a normal strip club to stuff dollar bills down the g string of a normal stripper is disgusting too.

There should be age minimums for both normal strip clubs and drag strip teases or whatever you want to call them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it often is sexual.
    Drag Queen Story Time now showing toddlers how to ‘twerk’

Drag Queen Story Time has come under fire yet again after one of its performers was videoed telling young children how to perform a sexually-suggestive dance move.
    Drag artist Mama G was telling children and their parents at a Devon library a story about Michael, a boy who enjoys dancing, but most of all, “loves to ‘twerk’”.
    He then performed the provocative dance in front of the children.
    https://www.christian.org.uk/news/dr...-how-to-twerk/

Are you outraged on behalf of the thousands of children who saw this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that there appears to be insufficient background checks. And in many (maybe most) cases, there aren't background checks at all. In any event, I think it's all pretty inappropriate to do this in publicly funded libraries and in front of underage kids. If they want to go up and read Winnie the Pooh, then fine. But they're reading, "Bye Bye Binary", "CinderElliot", "If You're a Drag Queen and You Know It", etc. Making suggestive kids potentially question their sexuality at these young ages is wrong imo.
    i dont think you'll find much opposition to the contention that we probably shouldn't have registered sex offenders this involved in children's events

the rest gets into a gray are of what is or isnt appropriate, and you'd probably have to take those on a book by book basis. is a childrens book like the berenstain bears ok because it talks about mama and papa, but if another childrens book has a papa and papa is that bead beacuse it makes kids question their sexuality?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is the crux of the confusion. Drag is men performing as women. It is very often not sexual at all (unless you think men wearing makeup and wigs is sexual by nature.)

Like, not to get all "AR-15 isn't an assault rifle" or anything but what you guys are talking about are stripteases, and there seems to be plenty of agreement that those aren't appropriate for kids.
    LGBTQ is, inherently, a sexual iden y. Drag plays into that by over-emphasizing and over-sexualizing various aspects of femininity: s, ass, lips, makeup, etc... All of which is to say that you're cutting the salami way to thin if you think that drag can be non-sexualized: it's inherently a sexual iden y.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yeah I don’t like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, I think a parent taking their 6 year old son to a normal strip club to stuff dollar bills down the g string of a normal stripper is disgusting too.

There should be age minimums for both normal strip clubs and drag strip teases or whatever you want to call them.
    Funny that the response to "don't take an 8 year old to a drag show" is "but but but, you think taking an 8 year old to a strip club is ok!!!" I don't buy the TSA/all-liberals-are-c s take, but for s sake.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    this was such low effort bait
    brah plz don’t do this, the “lulz i wuz trolling” move is like koriwhat level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I literally said that exposing pre-teens to sexualized environments, whether gay or straight, is bad. In response, you said I isolated the LGBT part, which "is the bigoted part." You also said that if I cared about sexual indecency, I wouldn't care who's thong was getting dollars. All this in response to me saying "gay or straight, don't exposes 8 years to people ing." I criticized an LGBTQ event and, your response, was literally "you're a bigot, you think strip clubs are ok" when I said nothing of the sort. If you don't see how that isn't the same as the "celebrate trannys or else" mentality I called out, you're being intentionally obtuse.
    welp i guess i called myself a bigot when i said that the event in question was bad and inappropriate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LGBTQ is, inherently, a sexual iden y. Drag plays into that by over-emphasizing and over-sexualizing various aspects of femininity: s, ass, lips, makeup, etc... All of which is to say that you're cutting the salami way to thin if you think that drag can be non-sexualized: it's inherently a sexual iden y.
    I didn't find the Eddie Izzard concerts I've seen to be terribly sexualized but maybe it's an issue of definition.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not sure how you can argue drag isn't inherently sexual. If you're not dressing in drag to over sexualize certain things, then what the are you dressed in drag for?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    brah plz don’t do this, the “lulz i wuz trolling” move is like koriwhat level.
    I think the drag stuff is sick, but the part about me supporting a law that would restrict what parents can do is trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think you'll find much opposition to the contention that we probably shouldn't have registered sex offenders this involved in children's events

the rest gets into a gray are of what is or isnt appropriate, and you'd probably have to take those on a book by book basis. is a childrens book like the berenstain bears ok because it talks about mama and papa, but if another childrens book has a papa and papa is that bead beacuse it makes kids question their sexuality?
    I don't know to be honest. But I don't think The BerensTEIN Bears plots really put focus on heterosexuality. And I suppose some might argue but heterosexuality is "normal" biology and is the reason a species can continue to exist. Not that I think sexuals have a choice in most cases. I guess I'd actually have to go to a reading or several to have a fully educated opinion.

But honestly, you wouldn't take your kid to one of these in a few years would you?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the drag stuff is sick, but the part about me supporting a law that would restrict what parents can do is trolling.
    You think drag stuff is sick? All drag stuff?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Let's just say for argument's sake that there's nothing wrong with exposing kids to drag lifestyle early on in their development, what is the actual benefit of doing it?

Kids learned how to read just fine before drag queen story hour, and I've yet to hear what the actual benefits of drag queen story hour are in terms of a child's development. There should be an actual positive thing that comes from it. If the best thing you have to say about drag queen story hour is that it's not harmful to kids, I still see no purpose for it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You think drag stuff is sick? All drag stuff?
    Do I think men dressing as women is sick? Yes.

At the very least, it's not normal, and I think it's destructive to expose kids to things like drag queen story hour when they're in grade school because is falsely present drag to kids as a normal lifestyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually yeah. It's trashy. Not as bad as a small environment where the speaker is actually teaching kids how to twerk. But yes...that's offensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Got you worked up" is the DMC/Gaythan of defenses. I'm just pointing out, I leave it to the others to hyperventilate over it.
    It definitely got op worked up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just say for argument's sake that there's nothing wrong with exposing kids to drag lifestyle early on in their development, what is the actual benefit of doing it?

Kids learned how to read just fine before drag queen story hour, and I've yet to hear what the actual benefits of drag queen story hour are in terms of a child's development. There should be an actual positive thing that comes from it. If the best thing you have to say about drag queen story hour is that it's not harmful to kids, I still see no purpose for it.
    Let the kids know not to kill these people for existing. Only slight hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually yeah. It's trashy. Not as bad as a small environment where the speaker is actually teaching kids how to twerk. But yes...that's offensive.
    Should anyone be prohibited from such displays whenever children might be in an audience?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Let the kids know not to kill these people for existing.
    So there's no way to teach kids not to kill drag queens without drag queen story hour?

It's a miracle I haven't murdered any drag queens yet!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

At the very least, it's not normal, and I think it's destructive to expose kids to things like drag queen story hour when they're in grade school because is falsely present drag to kids as a normal lifestyle.
    How about real drag shows, adult dinner clubs with incredibly funny acts?

You should definitely check one out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there's no way to teach kids not to kill drag queens without drag queen story hour?
    Why limit teaching?

I agree drag shows are PG. So a P can G a kid after making a choice to take the kid to see a drag queen in whatever context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should anyone be prohibited from such displays whenever children might be in an audience?
    Sure...why not? I guarantee you that if it became prevalent, they'd start to fine those players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this is the part thats transphobic but i dont think will would rely object to that le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure...why not? I guarantee you that if it became prevalent, they'd start to fine those players.
    So Miley Cyrus needs to be fined?

Thread Information