Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve made it No secret over the past couple seasons that I don’t like John Collins. But many on this board do, and since he’s constantly brought up with our glaring hole at the PF position, I figured I’d start another discussion about it.

Would you hypothetically want the Spurs to trade #9 for John Collins, who has 4-years and $107M left on his deal? Or maybe #9 and #20 for John Collins and Atlanta’s 16th pick? What say you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind him, he’s just always hurt. He’s also not The Guy, the one who’s going to vault us back into contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins would make sense only if he came cheap (ie. they took McD and or JRich and a later first) which he probably won’t.

I do think he would fit decently at the 4 with our young core. Replace McD with Collins in the starting lineup you may have made the playoffs this yr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not giving my pick 9 for him. In the past I’ve considered him. But this draft has potential good size PF who can create for themselves within reach. And not at his price either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like collins a lot. the fit is obvious. #9 seems steep though. would consider a trade inovlving a swap where we still take #16 though.

if josh richardson is valued as a late first (a first from a contender), maybe a deal where we get collins and 16 for 9, richardson, mcdermott, or something along those lines

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve made it No secret over the past couple seasons that I don’t like John Collins. But many on this board do, and since he’s constantly brought up with our glaring hole at the PF position, I figured I’d start another discussion about it.

Would you hypothetically want the Spurs to trade #9 for John Collins, who has 4-years and $107M left on his deal? Or maybe #9 and #20 for John Collins and Atlanta’s 16th pick? What say you.

I wouldn't give up 9 in a John Collins trade..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on who is still available at 9. He fits a position of need and likely will be better than whoever is there. But I'd rather the Spurs try to move up and get a real prospect. Sac is shopping the #4

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever we pick at 9 probably won't be as successful in the NBA as John Collins, because most players don't make it, but to me the bigger issue is, I guess, his salary and the stage we are at in rebuilding. He's still young which is good, but the beauty of FRPs is that they are relatively cheaper than borderline All Stars. It's a weird dilemma. Also, ATL seems like a weird team. On a tangent, I feel like they have it backwards. They have pretty great supporting players but are stuck to Trae Young who is not going to be the guy because he hasn't been the guy yet. He's a one-way player, tiny, and a horrible defender. That puts a ceiling on things. I'd trade him in the hopes of getting a different alpha at some point, but probably not in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didnt want him last yr and hawks would have to give him to the spurs for them to consider taking him. He's a waste of cap space and hawks know they made a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s Collins stats from this season. Should be noted his best season was 2020, where he averaged 21 pts, 10 rbs, 2 asts, 1.6 blks, and 1 steal on 58% shooting, but he missed half the season due to injury. But his stats have steadily declined the past 2 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also missed 28 games this season, 19 games in 2021, half of the entire season in 2020, and 20 games in 2019. He’s definitely injury prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also missed 28 games this season, 19 games in 2021, half of the entire season in 2020, and 20 games in 2019. He’s definitely injury prone.
    sounds like a spur already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely trading 9 for Collins. This is a bad draft, the chance anyone picked at 9 becoming as good as him is tiny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’ve been a John Collins guy in the past but not for the #9 pick tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JC is like communism: he sounds good in theory but doesn't live up to the hype in the real world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Collins and think he's a perfect fit, especially next to Poeltl. I wouldn't give up #9 though. A lower first rounder and J-Rich yeah, but I'm sure ATL will get better packages from teams like Dallas or make a Collins/Ayton trade with Phoenix
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 06-13-2022 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not this again lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not high on this guy, at least he plays with passion. Probably prefer him over an Ayton max contract. It really depends on who the Spurs think will be available at #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no im not giving atl 9 unless who the spurs are taking there absolutely sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins plus 16 for #9&20&25?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 is a little steep but the question is are we going to draft a power forward as good as John Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 is a little steep but the question is are we going to draft a power forward as good as John Collins.
    who says we're drafting a pf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not on the JC bandwagon, and no way on giving up 9 for him.
    He does not feel like a guy that the Spurs would really go after to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McNuggets, Langford and the #9 to Atlanta for Collins and the #16. We get rid of stuff we don't want and they get rid of stuff they don't want. Yeah we're out of the lottery, but you can still pick up a decent big at 16 plus it might even keep the spurs from further trading for or over paying for way past their prime, third tier scrubs and leftovers. One halfway over paid player on the team is enough. We've had more on this team. Might even force the team to utilize their draft talent sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine ANYONE trading a lottery pick for John Collins. Other teams see what the infatuated brain trust of SpursTalk sees: a player who can't stay healthy who is already years removed from his best production, which was only just pretty good.

Thread Information