Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his defense, and his offensive connector skill set, he doesn’t need to be a sniper. Even 34-35% 3Gs would make him a weapon.
    It's not just %, it's volume and quickness of release (especially with bigs) so that they garner a reputation to where defenses feel the need to at least give token respect, which allows them to space the floor.

Stranger things have happened, but it's probably highly unlikely he gets to that point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan=Spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy who can actually play in the front court is fine by me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thank you!!

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the Spurs going to hang offensively with quick athletic teams like GS when they are adding players who are primarily defenders.
    Boston's defense wasn't bad but they could not hang offensively with a more athletic quicker team.

GS showed you can go small ball and win in this league with perimeter shooting and athleticism(taking it to the basket). Spurs need to get better in these areas.

You think Sochan makes a huge difference against GS?

Are you trying to beat teams like GS with defense while not being as athletic and quick as they are with weaker perimeter shooting?

The Spurs can get a defensive big with one of the later picks. I like Eason( a better two way player than Sochan) if they can combine picks to move up to get him while using 9 on a higher potential offensive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t been the highest on Sochan, tbh I’ve been against drafting him but just having his size would be a major plus to the team. Think about some of the bigger Forwards the spurs have played the last couple seasons in Cunningham, Lyles, Carrol, Bates Diop, Cacok lmao he’d be a god send compared to those guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be shocked it Sochan didn’t go top 8. I think its a virtual lock at this point IMVHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best shooting coach in the NBA coupled with an all-world prospect with high potential whose most poignant point of improvement is his shooting. It’s a match made in heaven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like, he's the Franz Wagner in this draft. He's not my preferred top pick @ 9th if available but I won't hate if Spurs will pick him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like, he's the Franz Wagner in this draft. He's not my preferred top pick @ 9th if available but I won't hate if Spurs will pick him.
    Minus the 3-point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the Spurs going to hang offensively with quick athletic teams like GS when they are adding players who are primarily defenders.
    Boston's defense wasn't bad but they could not hang offensively with a more athletic quicker team.

GS showed you can go small ball and win in this league with perimeter shooting and athleticism(taking it to the basket). Spurs need to get better in these areas.

You think Sochan makes a huge difference against GS?

Are you trying to beat teams like GS with defense while not being as athletic and quick as they are with weaker perimeter shooting?

The Spurs can get a defensive big with one of the later picks. I like Eason( a better two way player than Sochan) if they can combine picks to move up to get him while using 9 on a higher potential offensive player.
    Yes. His ability to switch out and guard Klay or Steph or Poole or stay on Draymond absolutely makes a difference. His athleticism and ability to crash the boards would also help in addition to providing an above the rim PnR game we haven't had in years. So yes, I'd take him happily. But again he's not my first choice, depending on availability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got bigger problems than the warriors at this point. By the time this team is relevant again, GSW will be tanking again.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be shocked it Sochan didn’t go top 8. I think its a virtual lock at this point IMVHO
    He won't go top 8. There are better players in the top 8.

He's the Spurs pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got bigger problems than the warriors at this point. By the time this team is relevant again, GSW will be tanking again.
    Warriors is just an example of having to play against more athletic teams than the Spurs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. His ability to switch out and guard Klay or Steph or Poole or stay on Draymond absolutely makes a difference. His athleticism and ability to crash the boards would also help in addition to providing an above the rim PnR game we haven't had in years. So yes, I'd take him happily. But again he's not my first choice, depending on availability.
    I hope NO takes him at 8 but not counting on that to happen.

Spurs have the least watchable team in the league. Google least watchable teams in the NBA, see what comes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of Draymond in him. He is going into a lot of people’s skin. He’s a prolific defender so I don’t think Pop would mind

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of Draymond in him. He is going into a lot of people’s skin. He’s a prolific defender so I don’t think Pop would mind
    Draymond is more athletic and quicker, runs the floor better and is much better offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't go top 8. There are better players in the top 8.

He's the Spurs pick.
    I’d be very happy. But I bet NO drafts him if he’s there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be very happy. But I bet NO drafts him if he’s there.
    The Pelicans, if they stand pat (which is seemingly more likely if Sharpe to the Trail Blazers proves true, thereby probably eliminating the Thunder supposedly offering 12+) are rumored to be interested in Mathurin first (now thought to go 5 or 6) and Daniels second.

I'd be shocked if Sochan went top 8, but I'd like to see it both to unexpectedly push someone down and eliminate the possibility of him being the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond is more athletic and quicker, runs the floor better and is much better offensively.
    lol #30. Guess they dont like watching a brick fest from the outside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Draymond is a very high IQ player and underrated passer, great screener, but in no way would I characterize his game as being athletic. You almost never see him stuff one or do a put back dunk. He wins by out-smarting and out-hustling his opponents.

I don't think you have to worry about that with Sochan. Plus he has the athleticism and quickness to even stay in front of Steph and Poole. His offensive game is why you don't draft him. But if he becomes a consistent 3pt shooter, he's a guaranteed all-star by year 3 or 4.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Draymond is a very high IQ player and underrated passer, great screener, but in no way would I characterize his game as being athletic. You almost never see him stuff one or do a put back dunk. He wins by out-smarting and out-hustling his opponents.

I don't think you have to worry about that with Sochan. Plus he has the athleticism and quickness to even stay in front of Steph and Poole. His offensive game is why you don't draft him. But if he becomes a consistent 3pt shooter, he's a guaranteed all-star by year 3 or 4.
    He isn't good enough to stay in front of Steph or the other top players in the league. He isn't going to be running all over the court playing guards and everyone else. No one stops the top players in the league. You have him as some super star on defense.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Draymond jumps better and runs faster and is a better finisher than Sochan. He's more athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff: You worked out with the Spurs ahead of the NBA Draft. How was that?

Jeremy: I think it went well. It was a good group of people, and players. It was really compe ive but we played really well.

Jeff: What was the feedback you got from the Spurs?

Jeremy: The feedback was pretty good. They stayed in contact. They've asked for a few other things. I feel like it is an exciting place.

Jeff: How do you think you'd fit in San Antonio should they select you?

Jeremy: I think I'd fit really well with the Spurs' style of play. Also, just with the young core, I think I fit really well in that!

Thread Information