-Three-point shooting
    -Free throw shooting
    -Shooting form

Complete Jeremy Sochan scouting report and Spurs outlook

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelton's final stat only ranking has Sochan 8th.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what as long as they draft a power forward type at 9 ill be fine with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chip gives his blessing, go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to be more open to him being the pick at nine. I would be happy with him or Dieng at 9 if Sharpe or Mathurin are gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read

Sochan still my guy for the fit, im not concerned about the shooting form more about the FT %.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they draft Sochan at 9, I'd be ok with it if some of the better players were already gone. He has a lot of good qualities, but he is still like my 3rd or 4th choice. In other words, he's a bit of a project.
    If selected he'd better practice his free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No risk it no biscuit. I would pull the trigger on sochan at 9. But you gotta surround him with better shooting than we currently have. But my gut tells me that we go with Johnny Davis, Mathurin, Dyson Daniels, or Usmane Dieng at 9 and then EJ Ledell Or Laravia later to try and get a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I do disagree with TimPVP when he suggests that Sochan might end up coming off the bench as his ceiling. He has too many intangibles and other skills for that to happen. Just surround him with and your defensive capabillity as a team skyrockets. I would pull the trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a must draft and develop imo he has the intangibles you cant teach, a very spursy pick. talk about a steal if you can get him after 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've mentioned elsewhere, Sochan hits threes at a very slightly better percentage than Kawhi did when they both came out of college. Kawhi was a year older.

Hot take: I might take Sochan before Keegan Murray. I'm starting not to believe in Murray's production, seeing him as similar to Luka Garza, a product of Iowa feeding and feeding and feeding in very specific ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sochan go before Murray.

Sochan's shooting is obvs. a big issue. I think it's fixable. He's a very smart basketball player even on the offensive end. I can see him paired with a shooter like Zollins or Landale. But he did come off the bench for Baylor and has a ways to go, although I see him as a first year contributor. In some clips, I've never seen a player make instant/snap switches like he does.

Expectation: Something tells me he's not the guy. Could be wrong. I think it's Duren.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want him at 9. Need to target an all star potential player with higher offensive upside.

The Spurs are continuing to collect non athletic poor shooters and are one of the worst teams in the league in athleticism, Sochan doesn't help.

Sochan can work on a team with go to scorers, offensive league leaders at the 2 and 3, Spurs don't have that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan was higher on my wish list a month ago but there are several players that i'd rather see the spurs pick with the 9th now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs only have one pick on this draft, I’d pick Sochan because the defensive PF is the glaring hole. He is the best PF in our range at 9. But since Spurs have 4 picks, then I’d try to address all immediate needs.

1. Go-to scorer? Sochan is not. Davis, Mathurin, Sharpe, Daniels, Liddell, LaRavia, Dieng
    2. Defensive PF? Yes
    3. Point-of-attack defense. Yes and no. He is able to switch. But ideally Davis, Daniels
    4. On-man defensive Center with offensive upsides. Duren, Mark Wlliams

Since I don’t expect the Spurs to bring in 4 rookies. I suspect they either stash or use picks to consolidate. I’d rather they trade up plus picks to address all above. I’d address 1 and 3 first with Davis or Daniels, before I find a way to get Sochan. If he’s not available, I have an option of getting Eason or any of the other PF’s later.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too excited about a guy who didnt even START in college?

pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too excited about a guy who didnt even START in college?

pass
    I believe Kendall Brown started and playing both didn't make sense. Brown came into the year more heavily considered/rated but as the year went on Sochan overcame him, but kept him coming off the bench. I wouldn't think much of it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some team will talk themselves into "Scotty Barnes meets Draymond" and grab him before 9. This is a weird draft. A lot of comps seem strained because a lot of players seem solid, like all the way to 20 maybe, but not great. I like Sochan. Love his energy. I suppose you take him at 9 if you are feeling confident in Keldon becoming the team's best scorer next year. I mean, we have a lot of problems. Sochan at 9 won't fix most of them, but could definitely help and be an asset. Also, after the Primo adventure last year, one has to wonder if they are perhaps going into this draft to get workable talent and less huge swing/upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His jump-shot worries me as he has weird mechanics throughout his entire body when he shoots. Not saying it can’t be fixed, but it will definitely be a work in progress for whatever team drafts him. He obviously fits our most needed position, which helps his case. Will be a good, switchable defender from day one though. He’s a bit of an agitator on the court too. Someone who gets under player’s skin. That combined with his hair colors reminds of Rodman.

Anyways, I personally think we can do better, but wouldn’t hate the pick either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read

Sochan still my guy for the fit, im not concerned about the shooting form more about the FT %.
    Shooting form directly affects FT%. That’s why with someone like Johnny Davis, you don’t worry so much about his 30 3G%, because his shoots 80% from the FT line, meaning he has a consistent, re-producible stroke. You can’t shoot 80% from the line without that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love how far out he gets on guards. He comes way out on them and isn't uncomfortable at all. He makes himself huge against them, too, both in size and span but also how fast he moves his feet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Sochan 6’9” PF/SF (19 years old)
    Freshman Season Stats at Baylor:
    9.2 PPG, 6.4 REB, 1.8 AST, 1.3 STL, 47.4 FG%, 29.6 3PT%, 58.9 FT%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some team will talk themselves into "Scotty Barnes meets Draymond" and grab him before 9. This is a weird draft. A lot of comps seem strained because a lot of players seem solid, like all the way to 20 maybe, but not great. I like Sochan. Love his energy. I suppose you take him at 9 if you are feeling confident in Keldon becoming the team's best scorer next year. I mean, we have a lot of problems. Sochan at 9 won't fix most of them, but could definitely help and be an asset. Also, after the Primo adventure last year, one has to wonder if they are perhaps going into this draft to get workable talent and less huge swing/upside.
    You sum up things tough i'm not agree about the Keldon thing. There is not a player who can solve the majority of spurs problem at 9 : They need size, defense, rebounding, scoring... imo the player who can solve the most improvement areas is Johnny Davis because he can score and defend but sochan as a 4 is the best fit for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "NBA University".

Thread Information