Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ghost Writer
    Howard at market value (not what he's used to getting paid) is not bad. He's been the only reliable player for Denver and emerged as a team leader for their young guys last season.

What I don't like about him is that he's getting up there in years and he does not bring strong defense or shot-blocking skills.

GrandeDavid
    The only thing I like about Juwan is that he has a cleaner cut goatee then I do. Then again, I think its easier for African Americans to get that trim going cleaner than most Caucasions like myself.

SAmikeyp
    how ironic would it be if Howard signed with SA? after the whole DA thing? of course the way DA left here...fans might want Juwan to do it again!!

tlongII
    Juwan Howard is a MLE guy.

timvp
    Howard around MLE money is a good signing. He could give you 12 points and 8 rebounds pretty easily.

He's one of the few players in the league who can score consistently on Duncan.

Ghost Writer
    Again, if you're looking for a big guy who can score, Howard is fine. If you're looking for a big guy who can defend and block shots, try again.

Howard is Malik Rose with the benefit or five inches.

timvp
    You are correct. Howard isn't too much of a defender or a shot blocker.

One thing he's shown a tendency to do however is to knock players on their ass.

Is that defense?

T Park Num 9
    I like Juwan Howard, howard is a class guy and a good teammate according to those in Denver.

I think next to Duncan in the post Howard could average 14 and 8.

Juwan Howard has a decent jumper and a good lowpost game with that turnaround one hander he flips in in the lane.

His defense is semi suspect yeah, but whos he gonna guard thats a superstar? Minnesota guard Joe Smith or Raho.
    Lakers, Robert Horry. Suns, hed guard Scott williams or Voshkul.

Keep in mind, with Duncan by his side he DOESNt have to guard the hard big man. He can guard the less athletic or less offensive big guy on the the team.

Mle or less would be a huge signing for the Spurs.

Howard, Kidd, Mike Batiste, and a Voshon Leonard would be a GREAT offseason.

Although I would prefer Brad Miller, Howard and a couple others.

Thread Information