Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully pick 20 is enough to get an Eason.

Murray/Davis/Devin/Eason/Turner. Tell me if Spurs still have the worst future in their division.
    Even if available, as I've said from the start Eason doesn't strike me as a Spur.

Yeah, easily. Turner is solid, but he's also a 26 year old role player, while Davis and Eason are unproven at this level and at minimum, the latter more than likely has a role player ceiling. He'd also have no chance to start over Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind it. The most important thing is that the Spurs have a better roster next season than last. They should show interest in all those players and see what they can get. Poeltl and Richardson are likely on the table, if they get a quality C and PF back for that they should improve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another team trying to offload their highly paid problem. Big men with foot problems are boat anchors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has been enough smoke now about the Center position to make me think the Spurs really are looking at their options to trade away Poeltl and perhaps draft his replacement.
    This rumor supports that idea.
    Turner isn't as good as Poeltl, but he would be a solid transition guy if we trade away Jakob and draft a C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if available, as I've said from the start Eason doesn't strike me as a Spur.

Yeah, easily. Turner is solid, but he's also a 26 year old role player, while Davis and Eason are unproven at this level and at minimum, the latter more than likely has a role player ceiling. He'd also have no chance to start over Johnson.
    In the Money Ball, Billie Beane finally trade Giambi so the manager was forced to play his lineup. As much as I like Keldon, the guy is too small at PF and hurts the teams defense more. I rather Spurs move Keldon to get the right pieces tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be fine signing him as a FA, but to give up assets and still overpay him seems too much for me. at this talk of returning McNuggets to the Pacers store

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Money Ball, Billie Beane finally trade Giambi so the manager was forced to play his lineup. As much as I like Keldon, the guy is too small at PF and hurts the teams defense more. I rather Spurs move Keldon to get the right pieces tbh.
    His defensive shortcomings are way over blown. He’s a net neutral player, 114 Ortg 114 Drtg, but more importantly, he’s the best goddamned shooter on the team, and the only one who can create space.

Oh, and Art Howe wasn’t President of the Oakland As baseball club. If he were, he would have fired Billy Bean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like Turner, but Poeltl was much improved this past season from a consistency standpoint... i'm much less inclined to pull the trigger than i would have been earlier. depends on the price, i guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want Turner sign him outright the following off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like Turner, but Poeltl was much improved this past season from a consistency standpoint... i'm much less inclined to pull the trigger than i would have been earlier. depends on the price, i guess.
    If Poeltl could become even a 60% FT shooter, he's be a great value next season. Beyond that...go get your bag somewhere else.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe the Spurs are looking for a big man who can shoot. Jakob is too limited offensively although he’s a good player, but I think they are looking for someone who can give their offense more. Interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also thinking usually when rumors get reported it’s something that didn’t go down but the interest was there. Maybe the Spurs inquired about him when they were considering Jakob trades mid season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs were truly interested we wouldn’t know…….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs were truly interested we wouldn’t know…….
    That’s good to know… or not

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. Missed 40 and 35 games the last 2 seasons due to ankle and foot injuries.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I'd rather keep Poeltl, especially considering Turner is unrestricted after this season and will want way more than he's worth.
    You mean like Jakob Poeltl? Or do you think he going to re-up for 9 million a year again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like Jakob Poeltl? Or do you think he going to re-up for 9 million a year again?
    Poeltl at $15-18mil > Turner at $25-28mil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I like Poeltl getting dunk on by athletic bigs for 15-18mil. You buy a Kia, it’s what you get.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I like Poeltl getting dunk on by athletic bigs for 15-18mil. You buy a Kia, it’s what you get.
    if you are a tim duncan fan then you know there's no shame in getting dunked on. it's often a product of being *almost* in the right position to make a tough play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you are a tim duncan fan then you know there's no shame in getting dunked on. it's often a product of being *almost* in the right position to make a tough play
    Getting dunked on trying to block is different. The best big men get dunk on. Poeltl gets dunked from behind, from overhelping, including lobs, not including getting overpowered by athletic bigs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs give Poeltl 18 million a year we need to burn the building down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He traded Carlos Peña, an all star first baseman and iirc rookie of the year candidate so hatteburg would play. Unfortunately John Mabry played a lot after they got him in a trade ��

Keldon is a good example, that said, he’s not blocking anyone that should be getting minutes instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Myles Turner is a really nice player and the type of player the Spurs desperately lack.

His stock appears low if the Pacers are trying to offload him, so it could be a buying opportunity (if the price is right).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Myles Turner is a really nice player and the type of player the Spurs desperately lack.

His stock appears low if the Pacers are trying to offload him, so it could be a buying opportunity (if the price is right).
    You don’t allow guys who have missed 70+ games the last two years to both clog your cap, and cost you assets. Myles was a thing like 4 years ago. Update your software.

Thread Information