Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    and tbh if we are comparing the 15 and 22 warriors squads, while klay isnt quite as good as he used to be, hes still really good

but wiggins is clearly a better version of harrison barnes, and poole (while low iq) is a much better overall player than livingston and barbosa were. also steph has improved drastically at handling physical defense and a higher defensive workload. he was pretty trash (by his standards) in the 15 finals for most of the series, save for a few moments here and there. he was pretty far and away the best player in this series, heavily elevating his game in the finals for the first time in his career.

i think both squads are pretty comparable overall. the 15 squad had more depth (they were 10 deep with quality players all of whom played their roles exceptionally well), while the 22 squad has more sheer talent, as well as great experience

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and tbh if we are comparing the 15 and 22 warriors squads, while klay isnt quite as good as he used to be, hes still really good

but wiggins is clearly a better version of harrison barnes, and poole (while low iq) is a much better overall player than livingston and barbosa were. also steph has improved drastically at handling physical defense and a higher defensive workload. he was pretty trash (by his standards) in the 15 finals for most of the series, save for a few moments here and there. he was pretty far and away the best player in this series, heavily elevating his game in the finals for the first time in his career.

i think both squads are pretty comparable overall. the 15 squad had more depth (they were 10 deep with quality players all of whom played their roles exceptionally well), while the 22 squad has more sheer talent, as well as great experience
    IDK, I have a hard time believing a 53 win team is as good as a 67 win le team. Wiggins might be better than Barnes but I'd much rather have Bogut that Loony. And Curry was quite a bit better player in 15 than 22. His PER was 28 in 15 vs 21.4 in 22. FG% 5 points higher, 3PT% 6 points higher. Curry had a much better Finals this time around but overall I'd much rather have 15 Curry.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lol Steph Curry is not just a scorer who is primarily a shooter.

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time with legitimate range up to 40 feet out who constantly moves off the ball around the halfcourt like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, getting moving pick after moving pick from Draymond and Looney in an offense completely built around his shooting, and who oh by the way has handles like CP3 with the ability to get to and finish at the rim when you overplay his jumper. Suggesting Steph is a scorer who is primarily a shooter is like suggesting Tim Duncan is a big who primarily shoots midrange jumpers off the glass.

Lmao at referencing Peja as to how Bruce could defend Steph...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time who constantly moves off the ball around the halfcourt like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, getting moving pick after moving pick from Draymond and Looney in an offense completely built around his shooting, and who oh by the way has handles like CP3 with the ability to get to and finish at the rim when you overplay his jumper. Suggesting Steph is a scorer who is primarily a shooter is like suggesting Tim Duncan is a big who primarily shoots midrange jumpers off the glass.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bowen actually had the easiest time guarding scorers who were primarily shooters. I still remember in '08 at old age he had trouble guarding a young CP3 in the playoffs that Pop switched him over to guarding Peja who was lighting up the Spurs in that series. Once that move was made the Spurs ended up winning the series because Bowen locked down Peja. Bowen also had great success at locking down prime Ray Allen in '05.

Curry is a different kind of animal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol @ all the overrating Bowen in this thread.

You'd think he was a 5 time DPOY award winner by reading the comments.

Good defender...but he is not checking Curry with anymore effectiveness than anyone else has.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    IDK, I have a hard time believing a 53 win team is as good as a 67 win le team. Wiggins might be better than Barnes but I'd much rather have Bogut that Loony. And Curry was quite a bit better player in 15 than 22. His PER was 28 in 15 vs 21.4 in 22. FG% 5 points higher, 3PT% 6 points higher. Curry had a much better Finals this time around but overall I'd much rather have 15 Curry.
    Curry played 64 games.
    Klay played 32 games.

I'd say the record is misleading as a result of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good defender...but he is not checking Curry with anymore effectiveness than anyone else has.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time with legitimate range up to 40 feet out who constantly moves off the ball around the halfcourt like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, getting moving pick after moving pick from Draymond and Looney in an offense completely built around his shooting, and who oh by the way has handles like CP3 with the ability to get to and finish at the rim when you overplay his jumper. Suggesting Steph is a scorer who is primarily a shooter is like suggesting Tim Duncan is a big who primarily shoots midrange jumpers off the glass.

Bowen did a good job vs Nash which is the better analogy but Steph has better range is more aggressive stronger and a better finisher than Nash who was a better natural Point guard. Even doing well vs Nash doesn’t mean he could handle Steph who is quicker
    Peja lol
    Heck even his solid work on Kobe ain’t same as dealing with Steph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen did a good job vs Nash which is the better analogy but Steph has better range is more aggressive stronger and a better finisher than Nash who was a better natural Point guard. Even doing well vs Nash doesn’t mean he could handle Steph who is quicker
    Also, Nash wasn't constantly moving off the ball like Steph
    Last edited by lefty; 06-20-2022 at 03:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weakest, by far, is the Micky Mouse bubble ring the NBA gifted the Lakers because of Kobe's passing. Injuries, refs help and potential rivals getting upest happen every year, but the conditions that made that Lakers ring possible will never repeat again. The one and only true asterik championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry played 64 games.
    Klay played 32 games.

I'd say the record is misleading as a result of that.
    Curry missing 18 games is big. Klay not so much IMO, he looked pretty average at best this year. We'll see if he can come back to being an elite player again in his second year back.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yes but that was a team that had virtually no injuries. their main 5 guys (steph/klay/dray/barnes/iggy) missed a combined 15 games

the 22 team's 5 main players (steph/klay/dray/wiggins/poole) missed a combined 119 games, while klay didnt really return to form basically until the playoffs started

i think its reasonable to say that the 22 team if fully healthy like the 15 team, would easily win over 60 games

on top of that the 15 team was a bunch of young guys out to prove something, and were playing pedal to the metal all season long. its pretty clear that they now know how to pace themselves much better than before. steph may have had a better season back then, but while hes not as young, hes easily a more complete player now than he was back then. idk if id take one version of him over the other, but the current version is definitely a better playoff basketball player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weakest, by far, is the Micky Mouse bubble ring the NBA gifted the Lakers because of Kobe's passing. Injuries, refs help and potential rivals getting upest happen every year, but the conditions that made that Lakers ring possible will never repeat again. The one and only true asterik championship.
    Thinking the league cared about mythologizing more than money or that cir stances that were equal for all were tainted, but the second best player in the league joining the team that had just broken the singe season wins record wasn't and a top five player intentionally destroying his value culminating in a "trade" that otherwise would have never occurred wasn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Curry is a different kind of animal.
    It's convenient how you ignored the part I mentioned Ray Allen only to highlight Peja.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No one is saying Bowen would shut down Curry but would he able to slow him down I definitely believe he would. The Spurs also wouldn't have to target Curry because they would be able to shut down everybody else on the Warriors much like the Celtics were doing up until game 5 when they changed their strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lmao at bad reading comprehension skills at ignoring the part where I also mentioned Ray Allen. Ray Allen was very similar to Steph in how he played and Bruce was able to lock him down. The big difference between Steph and Ray is that Steph has superior ball handling skills compared to Ray which allows him to create shots off the dribble.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lmao making any Peja reference at all as to how Bruce would defend Steph Curry. Also mentioning Ray Allen does not negate or offset the terrible Peja reference.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao making any Peja reference at all as to how Bruce would defend Steph Curry. Also mentioning Ray Allen does not negate or offset the terrible Peja reference.
    You are deflecting big time by ignoring the Ray Allen part I mentioned because you know it doesn't fit your narrative. You are just a troll looking desperately for trolling material.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Not a troll. Not trolling.

I am not ignoring your mention of Ray Allen. I have no serious issue you referencing Ray Allen. I have a huge issue with you referencing Peja. It's a terrible reference. Nothing about you mentioning Ray Allen redeems your horrible reference of Peja in a post about how Bruce Bowen could defend Steph Curry well.

Talk about deflection.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's convenient how you ignored the part I mentioned Ray Allen only to highlight Peja.
    Why stop at Peja? You could have also told us how he gave Wally Z fits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 Klay Thompson being a s of his prime self is why I'd easily take the 07 Spurs over the 22 Warriors while I'd take any of the other three Warriors le teams plus the 16 team over the 07 Spurs (and 99/03/05 Spurs also). You could stick Bowen on Curry and at least he's not getting constant wide open looks most likely, so those number of threes are probably coming down a bit. Duncan's prime before he had Parker and Ginobili put around him they ran 4-down constantly for him, but way slower pace around 2001 so yeah he wasn't shooting 25 times a night.
    05 and 14 Spurs smoke any non-Dominos Dubs team imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why stop at Peja? You could have also told us how he gave Wally Z fits
    One of my favorite moments in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking the league cared about mythologizing more than money
    Where in the did I say or imply that? How can you get that from what I wrote?

or that cir stances that were equal for all were tainted,
    Sure, they were equal for all, but that doesn't mean that certain teams and individuals don't get more benefit from those equal but unusual cir stances.

If a high endurance runner registers himself for a marathon but suddenly that marathon becomes a 100m dash race, he will be in disadvatange and a speedster with less stamina would see himself benefited and win a race he wouldn't have won otherwise.

If the metaphor isn't clear. If a team has, let's say, a superstar bigmen that is known for being injury prone, that team will be benefited if a season suddenly gets shortened and with less miles traveled during the season and specially the playoffs, and win a championship that, most probably, wouldn't have won under normal conditions.

but the second best player in the league joining the team that had just broken the singe season wins record wasn't and a top five player intentionally destroying his value culminating in a "trade" that otherwise would have never occurred wasn't.
    Free agent signings and trades are part of the norm of an NBA season.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Where in the did I say or imply that? How can you get that from what I wrote?

Sure, they were equal for all, but that doesn't mean that certain teams and individuals don't get more benefit from those equal but unusual cir stances.

If a high endurance runner registers himself for a marathon but suddenly that marathon becomes a 100m dash race, he will be in disadvatange and a speedster with less stamina would see himself benefited and win a race he wouldn't have won otherwise.

If the metaphor isn't clear. If a team has, let's say, a superstar bigmen that is known for being injury prone, that team will be benefited if a season suddenly gets shortened and with less miles traveled during the season and specially the playoffs, and win a championship that, most probably, wouldn't have won under normal conditions.

Free agent signings and trades are part of the norm of an NBA season.
    ok this is such a stupid take

yes some players are injury prone but fact is they are unpredictable and there is no promise or guarantee that an injury prone player will get hurt, nor is it a guarantee that a player with absolutely no injury history for years will make it through a given season without getting hurt

if your basis for the bubble le being tainted is seriously "AD is injury prone but didn't get hurt, so their le was unfair ", you might have just given a worse take than manu > dirk, and you probably should just consider the viability of suicide at this point

Thread Information