Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criteria:
    Ref aided, injuries to other teams, own incompetence of players, incompetence of coach.

1. 2002 Lakers
    2. 2015 Warriors
    3. 2022 Warriors
    4. 2009 Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2007 Spurs tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was definitely the weakest le out of the 5 les the Spurs won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have beaten a better team had the Least put one in front of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was definitely the weakest le out of the 5 les the Spurs won.
    And I'm not complaining, a le is a le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm not complaining, a le is a le
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 heat were ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 heat were ass
    They really were, Mavs ed up

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1-5: Spur teams, any order*.

* - 1999 must include an asterisk for exhibition season championship

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is their second most impressive one after the first one. The ones with Durant are worth nothing.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd say this was an actually pretty impressive one for the Warriors. With all the questions that have been around this franchise since Klay went down and KD left for Brooklyn in 2019. Curry and Green in their late primes. Wiggins forever being a what if. two G-League developed players in GP II and Jordan Poole and a 100 million dollar contract (once upon a time) Otto Porter Jr. Team wasn't legendary and probably lucked out the Bucks were without Middleton, but this team is smart and that was indicative on how they handled the Celtics.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes rate Champs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes rate Champs.
    Phil Jackson did. So you have no room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle SuperSonics are probably the worst of all time

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2011 Mavs
    2006 Heat

These come to mind.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle SuperSonics are probably the worst of all time
    No way, Minneapolis Lakers or anyone else from the pre-Russell era. They'd get beat by good high school teams these days.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-17-2022 at 09:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way, Minneapolis Lakers or anyone else from the pre-Russell era. They'd get beat by good high school teams these days.
    Teams have to be compared based on their eras. Those teams were clearly head and shoulders above their compe ion and stacked up well against the other champs during those days.

The bullets and sonics were just bad when compared to the blazers before them or the lakers and Celtics after them. Those were two down years like the Covid lockdown champs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have to be compared based on their eras. Those teams were clearly head and shoulders above their compe ion and stacked up well against the other champs during those days.

The bullets and sonics were just bad when compared to the blazers before them or the lakers and Celtics after them. Those were two down years like the Covid lockdown champs.
    I still don’t see how Wes Unseld won an MVP. Makes zero sense to me. I think the players voted for him too. The dude wasn’t even a top 5 player in the league. He averaged less than 14 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-5: Spur teams, any order*.

* - 1999 must include an asterisk for exhibition season championship
    Except the 2nd round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still kind of funny how those ty Jack Sikma Sonics teams kicked Kareem's ass in the playoffs even with two HOF teammates in Dantley and Wilkes plus an up and coming PG in Nixon. Not like Kareem was playing with LeBron's 09 supporting cast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t see how Wes Unseld won an MVP. Makes zero sense to me. I think the players voted for him too. The dude wasn’t even a top 5 player in the league. He averaged less than 14 points
    I think the Bullets going from 36 wins to 57 wins and the best record in the league after drafting Unseld was huge for why he got it. Plus the league had just watched Russell dominate it for more than a decade and Unseld looked a lot like the next Russell in that he was an extremely strong rebounder and post defender who got his team lots of easy fast break opportunities from his elite outlet passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still kind of funny how those ty Jack Sikma Sonics teams kicked Kareem's ass in the playoffs even with two HOF teammates in Dantley and Wilkes plus an up and coming PG in Nixon. Not like Kareem was playing with LeBron's 09 supporting cast.
    Summer after the 79 Championship there was blowout problems with the cheapskate owner.
    Sonics repeat and we don't have the beginning of HBO's Winning Time depicting 1980.

That Sonics team was good, don't know what the others are attempting to fabricate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer after the 79 Championship there was blowout problems with the cheapskate owner.
    Sonics repeat and we don't have the beginning of HBO's Winning Time depicting 1980.

That Sonics team was good, don't know what the others are attempting to fabricate.
    Meh 52 wins in 78-79 in a weak league where the best player (Walton) was out for the season. They basically brought the same team back in 79-80 so don't see what you're complaining about with the owner there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh 52 wins in 78-79 in a weak league where the best player (Walton) was out for the season. They basically brought the same team back in 79-80 so don't see what you're complaining about with the owner there.
    My history was off. 80-81 was the year MVP Gus Williams sat out.
    So ya, may have had to endure the Laker gots regardless.

Thread Information