Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    North Texas Honda Dealers wants to give back to the dads in North Texas with free gas. Dealers will be popping up at local gas stations in Fort Worth and Frisco to give out free gas to fathers, no matter what car they drive.

Here’s where they will be and when they will be there:

Friday, June 17 – Fort Worth

From 11 a.m. to noon, dealers will be at the Valero located at 10880 N Beach Street, 76248
    Sunday, June 19 – Frisco

From 11 a.m. to noon, dealers will be at the Valero located at 3272 Parkwood Blvd, 75034

https://cw33.com/news/local/dads-can...here-and-when/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    North Texas Honda Dealers wants to give back to the dads in North Texas with free gas. Dealers will be popping up at local gas stations in Fort Worth and Frisco to give out free gas to fathers, no matter what car they drive.

From 11 a.m. to noon, dealers will be at the Valero located at 10880 N Beach Street, 76248
    Sunday, June 19 – Frisco

From 11 a.m. to noon, dealers will be at the Valero located at 3272 Parkwood Blvd, 75034

Jeez. It's an interesting gesture but I can't imagine the lines that will be at those places. And I assume they just cut off after an hour? So if you're in line but it's after 12, you just don't get gas?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Sunday, June 19 – Frisco

Just fixing this...

Friday, June 17

Fort Worth

From 11 a.m. to noon, dealers will be at the Valero located at 10880 N Beach Street, 76244

Sunday, June 19 – Frisco

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This could turn out to be a disaster. People might be lining up pretty early and it's not clear if the 12 PM cutoff is for people in line or for just people at the pump.
    And I wonder if there's much benefit at all to the Honda dealerships. Seems like they could have just sent out a bunch of gas vouchers or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm betting they have cars there in display in some way

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm betting they have cars there in display in some way
    Maybe so. There's just not going to be a ton of room. And the people that line up three hours early probably aren't the ones looking to buy a new car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Maybe so. There's just not going to be a ton of room. And the people that line up three hours early probably aren't the ones looking to buy a new car.
    Lol maybe it's genius like that. You have a captive audience to display your product

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10758164[/URL]]Lol maybe it's genius like that. You have a captive audience to display your product
    I can see that. Maybe they even infiltrate the line with new Hondas. But maybe someone goes crazy and whips out his AR because he’s fed up. In any event, as much as I’d like a free fill up, I’ll probably steer clear. It will be interesting to see how it goes. It seems like it’s be way easier to hand out money at the Honda dealership though. Maybe they are just trying to do something nice. Now that I think about it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is for people in real need or bored stiff or both.
    Imo this sort of illustrates the unique pain of a gas purchase.
    You sit there, nozzle in tank, and immediately an in your face display of your money draining away.
    But those lotto tickets you buy ever other day, and the Big GulP stop with some cigarettes are living life big… and just as financially draining.
    Or that fast food that you must purchase…. on and on.

Poverty leads to extremely bad financial habits imo. There is no long term thinking. You survive day to day AND the bad habits keep the status quo firmly in place. Education, education, and education along with a solid family background. I have no idea how the US gets out of a vicious cycle… like it was almost designed to insure you know your lot in life is not a hopeful one. Or that you even have the capability of realizing alternatives. Or you do realize the alternatives but just say fk it, impossible task…

Gas giveaway to fk your life. pea garden is here for your comfort.
    Sorry. Go have a beer and relax.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10758218[/URL]]This is for people in real need or bored stiff or both.
    Imo this sort of illustrates the unique pain of a gas purchase.
    You sit there, nozzle in tank, and immediately an in your face display of your money draining away.
    But those lotto tickets you buy ever other day, and the Big GulP stop with some cigarettes are living life big… and just as financially draining.
    Or that fast food that you must purchase…. on and on.

Poverty leads to extremely bad financial habits imo. There is no long term thinking. You survive day to day AND the bad habits keep the status quo firmly in place. Education, education, and education along with a solid family background. I have no idea how the US gets out of a vicious cycle… like it was almost designed to insure you know your lot in life is not a hopeful one. Or that you even have the capability of realizing alternatives. Or you do realize the alternatives but just say fk it, impossible task…

Gas giveaway to fk your life. pea garden is here for your comfort.
    Sorry. Go have a beer and relax.
    I agree somewhat. But there are a lot of people in poverty that are educated and know how to manage their money. But the reality is that they just can’t make ends meet. Especially now with gas and food prices going through the roof. Not to mention property taxes increasing every year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I can see that. Maybe they even infiltrate the line with new Hondas. But maybe someone goes crazy and whips out his AR because he’s fed up. In any event, as much as I’d like a free fill up, I’ll probably steer clear. It will be interesting to see how it goes. It seems like it’s be way easier to hand out money at the Honda dealership though. Maybe they are just trying to do something nice. Now that I think about it.
    Oh yeah, I'm in SA and if they did that here would steer clear too. I hate black Friday crowds too. Just thought it was interesting

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10758517[/URL]]Oh yeah, I'm in SA and if they did that here would steer clear too. I hate black Friday crowds too. Just thought it was interesting
    Yeah…it is interesting. I won’t touch Black Friday either. Or Tax Free weekend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was trying to find some news about how it went. Didn’t find anything about this weekend. But found several other stories about North Texas Honda dealers giving away free gas for several holidays over the last couple of years. Veterans Day, Labor Day. I’m not sure that they even have a bunch of Hondas on site. Seems like promo from just the good will.

Thread Information