• Mark Williams

5 3.55%
  • Tari Eason

1 0.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, the way the tea leaves read, if they get Duren Jacob is gone, and Collins Landale are getting renounced to go after Ayton
    Not saying that can’t happen, but that would be pretty bad IMO. Using the 9th pick on a Center only to offer max money to Ayton and block said Center that you just drafted at 9?

I would agree that getting Duren maybe makes trading Jakob more likely, but if you draft Duren its not exactly the best use of funds to go after Ayton IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost feels like if Poeltl is traded he would almost have to bring back an established big, preferably a PF that can play a little situational C or small ball C. Not sure how Zollins/Landale shore up and if Duren comes in at #9 he won't immediately drop in the rotation presumably.

Otherwise I'm afraid Spurs are going to be in the Wembanyama running lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk: "We got Sochan! Imma dye my hair green! Let's go!"

Spurstalk a year later after realizing Sochan is an offensive liability on the floor: "Remember when all of those losers dyed their hair green?"

Note: I'm in camp Sochan, too, but this is the way things usually work out for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Spurs land Mathurin just for the savages on SpursTalk to start nicknaming him Mathurine after he has a bad game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My preference is still someone trades up to 4 for Ivey and the Spurs can pull off Poeltl and 25 for Washington Jr. and 15, then reroute Washington Jr., 9 and 20 for 5, pick Murray and M. Williams.

Spurs picking Duren would be huge because of the implications:

- what embracing a non Spurs type player means in terms of a new vision for the Spurs and a different approach going forward from traditional Spurs norms (I feel like SA rarely gravitates towards lob threat type bigs imho)

- aside from that philosophical change for the Spurs operational approach, a more literal rebrand on the court as well because a player like Duren and his skillsets would drastically change the way SA plays the game. (more lobs?)

- Poeltl is probably gone, and high value outbound should mean high value inbound. Poeltl is a decent asset and could bring back something interesting

Duren would seem to signal a distinct and very purposeful redirection. Really fits the stated priority of maximum future flexibility as well. Deals with an upcoming hindrance in Poeltl getting paid and having to run the numbers on where the value lies there. Fresh start feeling.
    I still see them prioritizing shot creation at 9, but agreed.

If they went big/finisher though, they'd most likely push down Davis or Sharpe, thereby likely increasing the chances of Branham or Dieng making it to 14-15, a range they're seemingly capable of trading into.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-19-2022 at 03:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which player is this year’s Sengun?

Fan favorite + believed to be picked before the Spurs position + passed up by the Spurs and falls into the late teens + causes casuals to be upset over missing out on an average player?
    Mathurin has got to be the guy. Has love in this poll, and is expected to go higher. He's the guy we'll all get pumped about when he falls to 9 and then cause a server crash when we pick Max Christie over him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a Sochan fan. Reminds a lot of former Spurs’ Kyle Anderson and Boris Diaw. I do think he has more offensive potential than either but those kinds of players usually have an impact on winning. Go-to scorers and stars are important, but guys that make unselfish, winning plays are just important. If you don’t have a star at pick 9, then I like Sochan. He’s not afraid to get his hands dirty and can bring some nasty. If primo and Vassell are a part of the future, Sochan is a good fit alongside them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost feels like if Poeltl is traded he would almost have to bring back an established big, preferably a PF that can play a little situational C or small ball C. Not sure how Zollins/Landale shore up and if Duren comes in at #9 he won't immediately drop in the rotation presumably.

Otherwise I'm afraid Spurs are going to be in the Wembanyama running lol
    Being in the Wembenyama running would be a good thing, especially if we win the right to draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk where the thread is that asks who my Sengun is this year but it’s that foreign kid Procieda for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s going to be Sochan or Duren. I wouldn’t mind either of those two but I would like Mathurin over them but I doubt he’ll be there at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced it’s gonna be Sochan, especially with Shaedon likely sliding down boards right now which pushes Daniels and Davis up. Barring the blazers trading #7, I think they take Davis there and Daniels goes 8.

1. ORL - Jabari
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. HOU - Banchero
    4. SAC - Murray
    5. DET - Ivey
    6. IND - Mathurin
    7. POR - Davis
    8. NOL - Daniels
    9. SAS - Sochan
    10. WAS - Duren
    11. NYK - Sharpe
    12. OKC - Dieng
    13. CHA - M. Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced it’s gonna be Sochan, especially with Shaedon likely sliding down boards right now which pushes Daniels and Davis up. Barring the blazers trading #7, I think they take Davis there and Daniels goes 8.

1. ORL - Jabari
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. HOU - Banchero
    4. SAC - Murray
    5. DET - Ivey
    6. IND - Mathurin
    7. POR - Davis
    8. NOL - Daniels
    9. SAS - Sochan
    10. WAS - Duren
    11. NYK - Sharpe
    12. OKC - Dieng
    13. CHA - M. Williams
    so that's awful for us right? Because spurs would rather have davis/mathurin correct?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. ORL - Jabari
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. HOU - Banchero
    4. SAC - Murray
    5. DET - Ivey
    6. IND - Mathurin
    7. POR - Davis
    8. NOL - Daniels
    9. SAS - Sochan
    10. WAS - Duren
    11. NYK - Sharpe
    12. OKC - Dieng
    13. CHA - M. Williams
    If the first 7 go in that order I'd either select Duren/Sharpe or trade back with okc to 12 and get an additional future pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd love to see mathurin somehow drop but that's highly unlikely so i guess i'd be okay with sochan or davis. i like jalen but would prefer he also somehow dropped to #20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is dropping to 9 and the Spurs will have a tough choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one actually pinpointed Sochan accurately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. ORL - Jabari
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. HOU - Banchero
    4. SAC - Murray
    5. DET - Ivey
    6. IND - Mathurin
    7. POR - Davis
    8. NOL - Daniels
    9. SAS - Sochan
    10. WAS - Duren
    11. NYK - Sharpe
    12. OKC - Dieng
    13. CHA - M. Williams
    Good to see these prognostications. Turned out Sharpe was taken at Portland after they went gaga over his worout. Davis went to Washington at 10. It's bizarre that OKC overpaid for Dieng.. I actually don't know the story there, whether NYK held them hostage a little? Does anyone know?

Then OKC took Jalen Williams and CHA did wind up with M. Williams but took Duren at 13 and flipped him for a worse pick in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. ORL - Jabari
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. HOU - Banchero
    4. SAC - Murray
    5. DET - Ivey
    6. IND - Mathurin
    7. POR - Davis
    8. NOL - Daniels
    9. SAS - Sochan
    10. WAS - Duren
    11. NYK - Sharpe
    12. OKC - Dieng
    13. CHA - M. Williams
    Good to see these prognostications. Turned out Sharpe was taken at Portland after they went gaga over his worout. Davis went to Washington at 10. It's bizarre that OKC overpaid for Dieng.. I actually don't know the story there, whether NYK held them hostage a little? Does anyone know?

Then OKC took Jalen Williams and CHA did wind up with M. Williams but took Duren at 13 and flipped him for a worse pick in the future.

Thread Information