Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just now on ESPN said he’s hearing that the Blazers are no longer shopping the 7th pick and are now targeting Shaedon Sharpe at pick 7. Sounds like he has a promise from Portland, which would make sense since he just canceled his work out with the Wizards at #10.
    Splendid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just now on ESPN said he’s hearing that the Blazers are no longer shopping the 7th pick and are now targeting Shaedon Sharpe at pick 7. Sounds like he has a promise from Portland, which would make sense since he just canceled his work out with the Wizards at #10.
    To quote Forrest Gump, "That's good. One less thing."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea who this guy is but he tweeted this about an hour ago. No clue if he’s legit or not.

Blazers working out Sharpe (and Dalen Terry) last week with Dame. Dame may have given the front office his blessing to take Sharpe after their workout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spur fans are going to be really disappointed in Sochan's offensive game if they get him at 9. He was coming off the bench for a reason.
    From a scouting report of a well respected ‘draft guy’:

Why He’ll Succeed

• Highly polished combo forward with an arsenal of complementary skills. One of the best 6’8’’+ passers in this class and an already dangerous spot up player. Has high level role player skills and the age + frame to easily envision developing into more.
    • Consistent track record of play in his semi-pro career overseas, his development has combined some of the best academy-level skill development of Europe with the athleticism and exposure to high-level talent of the American prep system.
    • Has forced his way into more and more minutes as the season has gone on for a very deep and talented Baylor team. An 18 year old supplanting fourth and fifth year returning players on the defending national champions is something to pay attention to.
    • Gritty defensive player with both good instincts and a great frame to build off of. Already proved himself to be the bane of an opposing fanbase during the UNC game this tournament, a role he will likely fulfill for whatever playoff teams he ends up on. A player opposing teams will become very tired of playing against in a 7 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something that has come out in the last few months was that Haliburton WANTED to go to Sacto (WTF), and told other teams that.
    Personally, unless we're talking about a headcase who you KNOW will make your life miserable (i.e. go Harden on you), if there is one player who is clearly above the rest, take him and deal with it. Haliburton may have liked Sacramento, but I doubt would have forced his way out of any team that would have drafted him. To me that seems more in line with a media spin by some team to cover their asses a succession of horrible draft choices.

I will also bring one pretty relevant example. Remember Steph? You know, the best shooter in history who just won his fourth championship... guess where he DIDN'T want to get drafted... Yup, that's right... he DIDN'T want to go to Golden State at 7, he wanted them to PASS on him so that he could go to NY at 8, and let them know. They took their guy regardless, proved they were his best option, and time took care of the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have the requisite athleticism to be that guy in the NBA?
    I don’t get where you think Davis is not athletic. The guy is 6’5 with 6’9 wingspan, averaged over 8 rebounds and almost a block a game. But importantly, Davis is ultra compe ive and that’s something not easily measured. He is a pesky defender and would dive for the loose ball. Davis is one tough dog.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spur fans are going to be really disappointed in Sochan's offensive game if they get him at 9. He was coming off the bench for a reason.
    Patrick Williams and Scottie Barnes also came off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get where you think Davis is not athletic. The guy is 6’5 with 6’9 wingspan, averaged over 8 rebounds and almost a block a game. But importantly, Davis is ultra compe ive and that’s something not easily measured. He is a pesky defender and would dive for the loose ball. Davis is one tough dog.
    He looks athletic enough for me. Sneaky bounce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He measured in at just a hair under 6’6 with shoes on at the combine actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be great, means somebody will fall to 9th

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be great, means somebody will fall to 9th
    He was expected to go inside the top 8.

Who do you think will fall who you weren't expecting to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, I read somewhere that Dieng shares the same agency I believe as Duren and he too was mum on workouts with any teams.
    I'm still saying that Dieng will be the selection at #9, as Dejounte called it early on the value of 'Cs' as lottery picks and timvp later reiterated it in subsequent articles.
    I'd be super disappointed with that. I am not even pretending to be a great scout or anything, but Dieng could easily turn out to be Livio Jean Charles part 2. I hope to God I am wrong if he's drafted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hearing that the Ayton for Anunoby package is heating up, take that as you will.
    Source? Spurs should try . . .

Cavaliers receive: 20, 25
    Raptors receive: Poeltl, Langford, 14
    Spurs receive: Anunoby

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source? Spurs should try . . .

Cavaliers receive: 20, 25
    Raptors receive: Poeltl, Langford, 14
    Spurs receive: Anunoby
    There will be a lot of player movement and The Spurs will be left outside watching it all.

Not expecting anything other than trading away pick 20 or 25 for a future lottery protected first round pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be super disappointed with that. I am not even pretending to be a great scout or anything, but Dieng could easily turn out to be Livio Jean Charles part 2. I hope to God I am wrong if he's drafted.
    I don't know what the fascination with Dieng is. He'd rather throw up floater shots avoiding contact instead of taking it strong to the basket. He looks soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what the fascination with Dieng is. He'd rather throw up floater shots avoiding contact instead of taking it strong to the basket. He looks soft.
    Because he is soft. He’s French and a light-skin… he has no choice but to be soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’d be disappointed too.
    I might feel differently at 20, but we’d be leaving more realistic, long term contributors on the board at 9.

Do you have a horse in the race this year? I’m feeling Sochan overall based on a mul ude of factors but not nearly as committed to a pick as last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’d be disappointed too.
    I might feel differently at 20, but we’d be leaving more realistic, long term contributors on the board at 9.

Do you have a horse in the race this year? I’m feeling Sochan overall based on a mul ude of factors but not nearly as committed to a pick as last year.
    I like Duren atm. I can’t pass up his upside at 18. I know only the superstar centers are worth building around, but in the search for someone to build around, peeps keep looking for a prototype scorer or wing, when possibly the player with the most upside at that spot is Duren.

Impressive physical tools, a foundation to be a contributor right away and a path to be better. It is a small chance he would turn into an all star but if he adds a jumpshot, a post game? He can. There is viability for it at least.

I see Duren as a teenager with a high floor. If he doesnt improve much, he’d still be a good player in the league with some experience, but one cant discount the possibility he adds a jumpshot and a better offensive game bc of his age and getting into a good development team young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duren atm. I can’t pass up his upside at 18. I know only the superstar centers are worth building around, but in the search for someone to build around, peeps keep looking for a prototype scorer or wing, when possibly the player with the most upside at that spot is Duren.

Impressive physical tools, a foundation to be a contributor right away and a path to be better. It is a small chance he would turn into an all star but if he adds a jumpshot, a post game? He can. There is viability for it at least.

I see Duren as a teenager with a high floor. If he doesnt improve much, he’d still be a good player in the league with some experience, but one cant discount the possibility he adds a jumpshot and a better offensive game bc of his age and getting into a good development team young.

All of this!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting on the record ahead of draft: I’m staying with my Davis pick at 9. Then trusting the Spurs to do their usual late draft magic with the other picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he could be our next Bobo, a PF centerpiece crucial to the next playoff / championship run. I would be exstatic with Dieng. He's only behind Murray on my board of feasible players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he could be our next Bobo, a PF centerpiece crucial to the next playoff / championship run. I would be exstatic with Dieng. He's only behind Murray on my board of feasible players.
    Think he's very much a project. A lot of things about him are theoretical, his shooting, his efficiency. He has high bust potential... I want closer to a high floor player at 9. I suppose at 20 he would be fine however.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he's very much a project. A lot of things about him are theoretical, his shooting, his efficiency. He has high bust potential... I want closer to a high floor player at 9. I suppose at 20 he would be fine however.
    For me it's about where you take him.... I really like Dieng but I don't like him at 9.... 12-20 I'm in.. there's a real bust potential but the ceiling is pretty high too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amin al Hassan was saying (his opinion) that Phoenix should ship Ayton to Indy for Turner and Brogdan. And he used to work in the Phoenix front office, key word there being used to. Never cared for his opinions.

Thread Information