Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-big-...022-nba-draft/

Max Christie shooting up the board is an interesting turn of events. I don't really understand the interest in MarJon Beauchamp but it sounds like it's for real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp!! A lot of interesting stuff, I’ve long thought that Beauchamp would be a guy the spurs would be really intrigued in and the Max Christie stuff has had me with my eyebrows raised, it seemed like he had a promise from somebody because their hasn’t been a whole lot of info about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dyson Daniels struggles shooting are real. Thanks for the update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You watch Christie on film and the things he does well, he stays in front of his guy, he’s long disrupts a lot of shots, and he doesn’t foul. I mean you might as well describe the ideal Pop wing right there. Also like Timvp said, his form is terrific, a tad slow, seems to start from the stomach a tad but England can clean that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp!! A lot of interesting stuff, I’ve long thought that Beauchamp would be a guy the spurs would be really intrigued in and the Max Christie stuff has had me with my eyebrows raised, it seemed like he had a promise from somebody because their hasn’t been a whole lot of info about him

Watching some stuff I’m more surprised we haven’t heard more TBh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Christie has a good bit too recommend him, a potentially good shooter and a willing defender. We kind of have that player already but the good character thing is important too.

This board has quieted down on Johnny Davis but I can absolutely see the pick, but wouldn't be stunned if he is already gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this intel I would say Lonnie is gone for good tbh there’s been lots of smoke that spurs are interested in several guards throughout this draft process. That intel on Duren has me believing he’s gonna be the pick at 9
    Last edited by Degoat; 06-18-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp! I taught Christie rise is a little overdue, he has two way potential at the wing. Tested really well at the combine but did not rise draft boards. Top 5 standing vert and top 10 lane agility. He is the most Primo guy in this draft. Wesley and Beauchamp are two guys that create NBA level separation with a lot of unrefined skills. You always consider these guys if you are a development team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the appeal in Max Christie, he was one of my early favorites for 38. But given the surplus of picks we have, I'm leaning towards other interesting, but viable draft & stash prospects like Procida & Kamagate. Also surprised to see Kessler at 50. Granted, we pick 38, but even at that range he should be at the very least a useful role player, although likely limited to specific match ups.

I'm still hopeful we can land a second late lottery - mid teens pick, and come away with some combination of a bigs (Sochan/Duren/Eason), wings/guards (Mathurin/Jalen Williams/Johnny Davis) + some swing at upside and scoring (Blake Wesley/Jaden Hardy). That and a stash at 38 (Procida/Kamagate) would be incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great compilation timvp!

Nice to see Malaki Branham and Gabriele Procida moving up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm preparing for a Max Christie / Josh Minott draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Christie has a good bit too recommend him, a potentially good shooter and a willing defender. We kind of have that player already but the good character thing is important too.

This board has quieted down on Johnny Davis but I can absolutely see the pick, but wouldn't be stunned if he is already gone.
    Like pitching in baseball, can never have enough shooting. Can easily see Christie in for Walker and that being an upgrade. Hit the weight room and tighten the shot up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp! I taught Christie rise is a little overdue, he has two way potential at the wing. Tested really well at the combine but did not rise draft boards. Top 5 standing vert and top 10 lane agility. He is the most Primo guy in this draft. Wesley and Beauchamp are two guys that create NBA level separation with a lot of unrefined skills. You always consider these guys if you are a development team.
    What’s funny his verticals doesn’t really show in the tape, he kind of struggles finishing at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid content LJ, thanks

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone else getting less excited about this draft for the spurs by the day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if they make no deals or draft a project like primo@9 who wont help this coming season then yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's inevitable in some ways. It's fun to speculate on a range of players and imagine how fun it'd be to watch them play and improve the team. When the draft becomes an actual thing it has to diminish the enjoyment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Christie news isn't the least bit surprising (similar story to Houstan and Spurs like qualities), but the Beauchamp news is.

Agreed on Branham. Still can't see them drafting either Duren or Eason though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp for continuing to update this. If you're plugged in, I wonder if you have any inkling on the likelihood of trades. This particular big board gives me 'trade down' vibes but idk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope to see a lot of movement from the Spurs. If they draft a bunch of unathletic high character guys I'ma lose it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time looking at Max

in a lot of ways, he reminds me of Johnny Davis with less touches on offense

so you wonder if someone like Davis is who he is because of his team’s cir stance and him being given the reign to be the go to guy on offense

Max is a value pick if they see him becoming the same or better than JD (who is not that impressive to begin with)

the skillset on offense is nearly the same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Christie has a really good potential 6'6 6'9 wingspan good shooter tough the numbers were low. Not a bad athlete also. Will be a good late pick imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see them not drafting a PF/C with one of their FRPs

so if the love for Christie is real, then Jalen is out and they’ll go for a PF or C with that other pick

this is all assuming they DONT use all three FRPs. If they do keep 9, 20, and 25, then I guess drafting two wings (with different skillsets) is possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s funny his verticals doesn’t really show in the tape, he kind of struggles finishing at the rim.
    Lack of strength is one of the reasons. Play style maybe another. You see it in shot contest and rebounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see them not drafting a PF/C with one of their FRPs
    I think the same from the beggining of this draft process but maybe they want to go hard at bigs in FA ( Ayton, Bamba, J Smith....)

Thread Information