Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But those 84 turnovers looked really bad, like he had never played organized basketball
    they cruised through the WC though, who cares about turnovers along the way in series' that werent compe ive. 31 in a 7 game series vs celtics is still bad but he was also averaging like 14 apg during those finals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol imagine two of your best players missing two years of their primes and saying its good injury luck to recharge and retool

curry has won before and after durant. durant was only able to win when he teamed up with curry on an already stacked team. no comparison.
    Lucky isn't the right word, more like helpful in the grand scheme and yes, I said it at the time.

He won with historically unprecedented opponent injury luck and a better surrounding roster than Durant has ever had. Curry most likely wouldn't have won his two tainted ones without Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lucky isn't the right word, more like helpful in the grand scheme and yes, I said it at the time.

He won with historically unprecedented opponent injury luck and a better surrounding roster than Durant has ever had. Curry most likely wouldn't have won his two tainted ones without Durant.
    curry has made the finals 6 times. 3 with durant. 3 without durant. he won 2/3 with durant. he won 2/3 without durant.

if you give durant a pass for losing to miami in the finals, does curry get a pass for losing to the cavs with lebron's legendary block, kyrie's game winner, etc? no, of course not. curry was unanimous mvp on a team that won 73 games. you're selling him short

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry has made the finals 6 times. 3 with durant. 3 without durant. he won 2/3 with durant. he won 2/3 without durant.
    Missing my basic point and results without context.

Curry can't anchor a defense and "transcending" the game is irrelevant to this discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WarriorRef with the continual moving screens, Donkey nutt kicks and hand hacks etc is absolutely just as egregious as Snaq and KobeRef.
    Phenominal shooter no doubt, and his contribution is the quick release.

No better place is this seen then the 2015 Finals. Lebron easily the MVP for BB intelligents.
    Next Lebron beats them in 2016 with Tristan Kardashian and company.
    2017 Lebron has a Timmy Duncanesque 51 points and all around kick ass game in Game 1. Stolen from him by the Tweet! Timeout! It's not a charge on media darling Durant, it's a reversal call of block on Lebron. Lets not forget 17 was the rip off for the ages of Zaza.

Lebron went on to break a bone in his finger slamming a wall in the locker room he was soo pissed at the fraud. Was probably 70% at best the rest of the series.
    Smart thing to do? No. Human and 100 understandable? Right on imo.

Curry can suck when compared to Lebron. No where near the level of Lebron and i would argue Lebron was more of a game changer then Curry. Curry and the Warriors implemented the immediate quick release by at least 3 of 5 players on the floor. But Lebron being a 6'8" athletic freak who can play all 5 positions has not been seen since got Johnson in 1980.
    Lebron dominated the game. He didn’t really change it because his combination of skills are so unique. The same can be said of curry but many people can shoot so teams kept rolling out these low quality facsimiles thinking they can do it as well and end up with the horrible state of todays nba.

As for shaq Kobe, I honestly never thought they got too much slack in officiating. They get superstar calls and the typical laker bias but it’s nowhere close to what jordan or magic got. The warriors got some calls here and there but didn’t get anything outlandish for a serial contender. The team I never understood why they got favourble calls were the pedo jazz. And even then they couldn’t win it all. Karma is a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    end up with the horrible state of todays nba.
    exactly.
    You ask how many players idolized Kobme and pattern their game after him -witness the joke Finals that was Tatum, Ime strategy and the Celtics.

If Curry changed it, not for the better so far.
    Working with Trae Young somewhat.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Impressive resume now. Every award checked off the list.

Not sure I see another Finals MVP or even le on the horizon but I do believe he atleast plays in another NBA Final.

A 5th Ring I think would put him in Larry Bird's neighborhood. At the moment I think compe ion is too far in Larry's corner. Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?
    who did mike battle - stockton and ewing?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's not better than Magic, get out of here with that. For sure better than Kareem and Durant though.
    You farmers love to diss Kareem

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did his teammates

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So did his teammates

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if you read that Pearlman book by 87 most of the Lakers just wanted Kareem to retire and thought they were better off with Mychal Thompson.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Impressive resume now. Every award checked off the list.

Not sure I see another Finals MVP or even le on the horizon but I do believe he atleast plays in another NBA Final.

A 5th Ring I think would put him in Larry Bird's neighborhood. At the moment I think compe ion is too far in Larry's corner. Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?
    True, true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL highlights. I remember when Andre Drummond looked like he'd be an elite passer from highlights.
    Thon Maker tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember his sub prime years, those stupid ing goggles and him sloughing up and down the court. I got tired of seeing him, McHale and Parish doing hooks and layups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if you give durant a pass for losing to miami in the finals, does curry get a pass for losing to the cavs with lebron's legendary block, kyrie's game winner, etc? no, of course not. curry was unanimous mvp on a team that won 73 games. you're selling him short
    Horry made the Finals 7 times. He won 2 with Duncan, 5 without him. He won 2 with Hakeem, 5 without him. He won 3 with Kobe, 4 without him. Conclusion: Horry was better without Hakeem, Duncan or Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry made the Finals 7 times. He won 2 with Duncan, 5 without him. He won 2 with Hakeem, 5 without him. He won 3 with Kobe, 4 without him. Conclusion: Horry was better without Hakeem, Duncan or Kobe.
    horry and curry had the same roles and impact on their teams tbh

lol derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horry and curry had the same roles and impact on their teams tbh

lol derp
    Move the goalpost again, dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 annoying least appealing player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant be top10 if he plays no defense, let alone no defensive team selections....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best PG of all time behind Magic. He could top Magic with some more hardware to his name though.

Easily top 5 player when his career is all said and done. He helped shape the entire game in his generation.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Best PG of all time behind Magic. He could top Magic with some more hardware to his name though.

Easily top 5 player when his career is all said and done. He helped shape the entire game in his generation.
    Not really a PG tbh. Had he been the primary PG for his teams most of his career, I think there’d be a significant drop in his scoring and three point numbers.

And I think it’s not an entirely accurate notion that Steph shaped the entire game of his generation. Over the past decade, I think James Harden and Morey’s philosophies on three point shooting helped shaped the game as much as or more than Steph. Very few players, very few teams play the way Steph and the Warriors play. Teams have emulated Harden and his Rockets teams more than they do Steph and the Warriors. Truth is, very few players can shoot or play like Steph, especially when you factor his off ball movement and use of screens, and very few teams are constructed to play like the Warriors. The ball movement, the inverted offense with Draymond playmaking, another all time great shooter opposite Steph. But any team can iso a good shooter and just have him jack up long shots and drive and kick once the defense collapses on him.

I think it’s a partly a testament to how good a shooter Steph is, and even how unique he is. Other players can shoot 40 foot threes. But can they do it in the context of playing within an offense, without dominating the ball, constant movement using screen after screen, and not really force too many of those shots in the process? He’s one of one. Other players shooting 15 threes a game and shooting from 30, 35, 40 feet out is not really emulating Steph.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Curry is still winning chips while Durant is begging for trades. Curry won without Durant. Twice. Also, Curry won with a lesser version of Klay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is still winning chips while Durant is begging for trades. Curry won without Durant. Twice. Also, Curry won with a lesser version of Klay.
    That has nothing to do with what I said and at spouting results without context.

Thread Information