Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is the real dea. He doesn't back down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crazy how VW is viewed as a better prospect than Chet also. Some team is going to be very lucky a year from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is the real dea. He doesn't back down.
    They're feeding that man blocks running at him.
    He loves to contest. He almost got flipped going for a pump fake though. They need to attack his legs, not his 10 ft reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agrees to a contract while currently playing in a game.

Shams Charania@ShamsCharania

Memphis Grizzlies No. 38 pick Kennedy Chandler has agreed to a four-year, $7.1 million rookie deal, his agent Ryan Davis tells @TheAthletic @Stadium. The contract contains the largest guaranteed salary – $4.94M – for an American second-round pick.

6:54pm · 5 Jul 2022 · TweetDeck

Replies

Retweets

Lik
    Interesting. Memphis is one of the few teams that id say is on our level right now (or even slightly better) on the late talent development front. The kicker is why probably could have used Chandler tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs not tanking for Chet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the Thunder have the worst color scheme and jersey’s in the league.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to overreact to Chet here, but have been thinking since the draft that Giddey-SGA-Dort-Holmgren-Any C with a pulse, is going to be a good lineup for the Thunder. Jalen Williams and Dieng off the bench to get their minutes and development. Thunder have the talent to get to 35 wins imo this year.

Think Chet's long term position will be at the 4, which most people agree on, then as he puts on some size and strength he'll be able to play more at the 5 against starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmgren will need to be gameplanned for. I figure the best players will be able to counter him down low, but he's a real shotblocking threat.

Giddey is too good for Summer League.

J. Williams and Dieng didn't really rate. OKC's development has honestly been kind of crap, so we'll see what happens. Dieng will get time, Williams is more of a utility guy. A utility guy isn't needed on a a perpetual lottery team. The failure to do anything with Poku might show Dieng's future.

Pokusevski still can't shoot worth a . Just an awful shooter yet they let him shoot whenever he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday… it’s just summer league, guys. You can’t measure how good a player is based on these games

Today… holy chet is the next kevin durant omg GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday… it’s just summer league, guys. You can’t measure how good a player is based on these games

It was so easy for him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was so easy for him though.
    It won't come that easy once they get to real NBA minutes, though. He'll be a defensive threat as a shot blocker, but will definitely get pushed around because of his lack of strength and weight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti has done again. He has found another Kevin Durant but with better defense.
    "Found". What a genius, selecting a top 2 ranked prospect at . . .#2 overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That utah team was awful. Chet will be good, though, but no need to go overboard. The Thunder is still a puzzle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is the real deal, whether his body can hold up for 82 games we’ll see but he has always exceeded expectations. Seeing how someone like Adebayo defends him will be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chet plays tomorrow and does the same things he did tonight then it will mean a lot more than him playing against the Jazz SL team, which is pretty much equivalent to Loyola Marymount.

Memphis has Xavier Tillman who is at least an NBA player along with Roddy and Lofton who are both short for their positions but at least are physical and can move much better than Falls and whoever they had out The Grizz have Zaire Williams who would probably be the best player on the Jazz SL team and LaRavia so they’re a legit summer league team compared to the atrocity the Jazz had to show.

But it will be an interesting game fore sure. Also, Giddey is going to have a great and long NBA career. I was skeptical of him during pre draft but I’m certain I’m going to be wrong when it’s all said and done. Granted all I said about the lack of compe ion Chet faced tonight, he has the tools and is incredibly fluid for his size. But what I like most is that he’s engaged on defense and his shot altering ability/shot blocking.

The magic ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet operates on top of the key taking his defender on a drive or step back shooting like he should

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anywhere other than NBATV to watch games 1&2?
    The NBATV SL games are showing up on ESPN+ on demand so far. Doubt they are showing live there but it's something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet looks like a meth addict. A perfect fit for the Oklahoma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC's summer team is significantly better than what the Jazz put out there. is anyone on that jazz squad going to be in any kind of significant rotation much less a roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on the Chet will be a bust team because I couldn't help but think of Shawn Bradley. Although it's just summer league but so far he looks like the polar opposite of him. What is standing out to me is he looks very confident and comfortable out there even when things get physical he gets pushed around but he fights his way back into the play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#2 overall pick unicorn to OKC

where have we seen that before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing to note is that Chet got all kinds of calls yesterday. He'll probably get annoying with what he gets because his body moves so stupidly.

Thread Information