Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey looks special. More so than any other rookie so far. Was excited when it was possible spurs might move up for him.

I like keegan Murray, but this is why you don't draft or prioritize need over talent. Giving away Haliburton, and then skipping on Ivey because of the roster make-up could end up being Franchise changing.

Still early obviously but both of those guys look special and kings could have had both. That would have been such an exciting backcourt and sold plenty of tickets in helping build a new brand.
    I don’t think there’s been a worse run franchise for the last 15 years than the Kings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think there’s been a worse run franchise for the last 15 years than the Kings
    At least they are consistent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero is nice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Queta looks like he could be a keeper for the Kings. Good size, mobility, good in the pick and roll, blocks shots... overall knows his role. Useful player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls Knicks just started

Wanna get a look at Dalen Terry and also curious how Keels looks. Scouted both pretty hard for 20 and 38 ranges respectively iirc. Going to be the biggest what could've been if Dalen Terry does well and Branham flops. I was targeting Terry at 20 so the two kinda have a Vass/Hali relationship. Will be interesting to track but both seem like about a wash.

Montero, Sims, Grimes, McBride all guys I'm hoping do well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanna get a look at Dalen Terry and also curious how Keels looks. Scouted both pretty hard for 20 and 38 ranges respectively iirc. Going to be the biggest what could've been if Dalen Terry does well and Branham flops. I was targeting Terry at 20 so the two kinda have a Vass/Hali relationship.
    Why is that relevant? it's not like we passed on Dalen Terry anyway... he went #18 and we took Branham @ 20, so what's the point in revisiting the choice?

We did pass on Haliburton, but this is NOT the case...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not only couldn't we draft Terry, his team is apparently awful and he's a glue guy. If there's anyone not suited for this kind of play it's him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering if Bran would help push Terry into range for 20 in combo with other potential reaches and it worked out the other way around. There is a universe where Spurs might get Dalen Terry instead so I'm looking at the 2 with that perspective a bit for fun in a what could've been sense. Not sure the official consideration on Terry, just saying I scouted him in that range because he might've fallen around SAs picks there and been avail to consider picking.

Nothing crazy though, I agree it's a slightly different situation than Vass/Hali but still, the draft was a very fluid situation and with just a few different twists and turns the lay of the league could shift drastically and I'm glad it didn't because even with small sample size I've liked the look from Bran compared to Terry. That may be a future discussion of a steal with consideration of production at 20 vs. 18 since it's so neck and neck. That whole range was pretty fluid in mocks and those names were quite interchangeable there so there's def a sense of "what could've been" amongst those commonly mocked names in that range.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It’s only summer league but man Banchero looks like the best number 1 pick since LeBron 😂. Other than maybe AD. As Spurs fans we should be glad he went out at East and didn’t end up in the Spurs division with OKC or Houston.

The lack of spacing in college really seemed to hide a lot of his talent which is his one on one scoring and his playmaking/passing. He’s blocking shots at the rim, guarding people out on the perimeter.
    He looks really good but it’s still just Summer League
    Need to see it against full pros before I invest stock in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Mr. Steal your girl back sitting court side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol OKC has Jaylin Williams and Jalen Williams on the court at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet has got amazing open court burst for his size

Damn OKC has tons of promising depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha HWSNBN is going to ref 2nd half of tonight's Knicks game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chet needs about 50 pounds

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Chet needs about 50 pounds
    at least he can wear his skinny jeans without them sagging then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A summer to forget: Watching the game last night (SA/HOU) and it occurred to me that who, in theory, should be our top three players were out for various reasons. Primo and Lil Weezy were last years picks and again, in theory, should be more advanced than the other squad members. Than Sochan comes down with the 'rona and he is done.

What looked like it would be a compe ive summer league team now looks pretty meh.

I know winning is not as important or even necessarily strived for but I still don't like losing even these scrimmage type of games.

Barlow, Days and of course Wesley all look interesting. Just have to wonder, what could have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A summer to forget: Watching the game last night (SA/HOU) and it occurred to me that who, in theory, should be our top three players were out for various reasons. Primo and Lil Weezy were last years picks and again, in theory, should be more advanced than the other squad members. Than Sochan comes down with the 'rona and he is done.

What looked like it would be a compe ive summer league team now looks pretty meh.

I know winning is not as important or even necessarily strived for but I still don't like losing even these scrimmage type of games.

Barlow, Days and of course Wesley all look interesting. Just have to wonder, what could have been.
    Boy, are you going to be unhappy this year. If you can’t handle losing SL games, you should probably get some sort of counseling. The ONLY things we’ll probably be able to take away from this year are player development and draft positioning.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, are you going to be unhappy this year. If you can’t handle losing SL games, you should probably get some sort of counseling. The ONLY things we’ll probably be able to take away from this year are player development and draft positioning.
    this year and many others tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley looked fatigued but still showed flashes. i also think he suffered the same woes that primo experienced running the point in that he wasn't playing off ball and had to deal with the absence of any high screens or picks. but, unlike primo, blake can at least get to the basket. he just needs to learn how to finish (although he does draw a decent amount of fouls) and dish out. a little more muscle mass will also help him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, he's impressed me so far. Great hands and feel for the game. Him and Josh Giddey already have pretty good chemistry. I'm trying not to be impressed by what OKC has going but they are building up a nice group there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC has me staggering a bit, just bursting at the seams with interesting pieces.

SGA at the helm, with Mann and Giddey from 21

But reloaded in 22 with Chet, Dieng, Jalen Williams and Jaylin Williams.

Plus stuff like Wiggins and Poku if you can get it to work. And Dort is looming whom I like but not sure I'm enamored with him as much but still something producing and an interesting possible contributor.

Even Earl-Robinson was interesting to follow in school though not sure he's clicking yet in the pros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one who sees OKC as a weird-looking team with mismatched parts and wonders if they'll be any good? I like Giddey and Holmgren, but who else is that great other than SGA? I still feel like they'll win games when SGA goes off and not many others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I am well aware of the upcoming season and what it will entail. Maybe I will consider the counseling.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Spurs related, but Summer League news: “New Orleans Pelicans rookie E.J. Liddell suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, the team announcedTuesday. Liddell, 21, sustained the injury during the third quarter of the Pelicans’ Summer League game against the Atlanta Hawks on Monday.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Spurs related, but Summer League news: “New Orleans Pelicans rookie E.J. Liddell suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, the team announcedTuesday. Liddell, 21, sustained the injury during the third quarter of the Pelicans’ Summer League game against the Atlanta Hawks on Monday.”
    Wow that sucks for the Rookie. I did like him for the 25th pick, but obviously Wesley has outperformed and Barlow is making me not missed-out on drafting a Center.

Thread Information