Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're at a concert or game, I can see backing into a spot. But got damn. If you're at the grocery store or Best Buy, I guarantee you, you're spending more time backing into a spot than if you just pulled straight in. Not to mention, holding up the other cars.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You only need to back in if you're robbing the place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    For small cars yeah I concur.

But I've got a friend who works for company that requires backing in in company vehicles. Said something like 50% of the accidents were in parking lots from backing out into someone/something.

Because he told me that, even with the camera, I've gotten into the habit of backing in with my SUV. I drop everyone off at the door and then park way out.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    backing in is acceptable/preferred for large suvs and trucks -- and Occasionally the smaller car with a low hanging front bumper

but if you're gonna back in you better do it with 1 and only 1 stop -- ie, blinker on, pull forward, back in while turning. No pulling back and out and re-aligning. use your damn mirrors

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's all about the side mirrors. Once you figure that out, it should be a one time reverse piece of cake. I don't even use the camera for it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    backing in is acceptable/preferred for large suvs and trucks -- and Occasionally the smaller car with a low hanging front bumper

but if you're gonna back in you better do it with 1 and only 1 stop -- ie, blinker on, pull forward, back in while turning. No pulling back and out and re-aligning. use your damn mirrors
    That rarely happens. It's back in , pull forward, back in, pull forward, back in, pull forward. And even after all that (and with backup cam), the vehicle is almost always crooked and/or partially in another spot. Just pull in and figure out your exit later. Or park farther away and just pull straight through into the next spot so you're facing forward. I swear by the time they do all the parking, they could have parked farther away and already been in the store.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    That rarely happens. It's back in , pull forward, back in, pull forward, back in, pull forward. And even after all that (and with backup cam), the vehicle is almost always crooked and/or partially in another spot. Just pull in and figure out your exit later. Or park farther away and just pull straight through into the next spot so you're facing forward. I swear by the time they do all the parking, they could have parked farther away and already been in the store.
    this tbh…I support this message

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this tbh…I support this message
    And the other thing I won't do is drive up and down the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a close space.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    And the other thing I won't do is drive up and down the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a close space.
    Co-sign this as well.

From what I’ve seen the backing into spots thing is a big texas thing. I grew up in Illinois and never really noticed people doing it there, I grew up in a rural area as well. So plenty of big trucks. As soon as I got down to texas though, it seemed every ing ass hole needed to back in park and 90% of them can’t do it for .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have had a few accidents in my years
    Most were backing
    One was cause I was checking out a thot

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    God I hate that. That's why I drop everyone off of they're riding with me and don't want to walk

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    God I hate that. That's why I drop everyone off of they're riding with me and don't want to walk
    Also, there's nothing more irritating than waiting for someone whose waiting for a close spot while the person with that spot is still loading groceries.

When I see someone waiting for my spot with cars behind them, I'll load up, get in the car and turn it on, then sit there and act like I'm on my phone until people start honking at the person waiting. I know that's petty af.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If I have the opportunity to back in I will. I drive a convertible and it has ty blind spots that make backing out a pain.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ...but I will for a shading space.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Disagreed.

Typically if it's not too hot or raining I will just pull into a throughway even if it's a bit of a walk. If it's too hot, or if there's precip, you can bet your ass I'm backing in to the best spot available and you can hold your ing horsies.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Agreed on this one. I've just recently after many years of trying convinced my mother to stop doing this. We typically park into throughways and go for a hike or back into a medium spot that's available since we have reverse cam on our newer toyotas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

I agree with you on backing into a spot, but I park way out, or find a spot on the end. Mufawkus will put their big ass door right into the side of you ride. Fawk parking anywhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree with you on backing into a spot, but I park way out, or find a spot on the end. Mufawkus will put their big ass door right into the side of you ride. Fawk parking anywhere.
    Ya if you got a ride you don't want dinged it's damn near impossible.
    I also park either far out and take 2 spaces if available and more room for others.

In super tight parking lots f it. Can't win in SoCal. Just pay the ding remover guy.
    I went off on 2 guys who were drunk and seemed to be leaning on my car and appeared to have their door open into mine. I had parked 40 feet from any car for the sold purpose of avoiding this.

Long / short they were just barely not leaning on my car and the door missed by an inch and we all had a good laugh afterwards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    tbh i just think driving should be held to a higher standard in general. too many people have licenses that completely suck at driving. not sure theres any good way to enforce it at this point, its just a broken system. as is basically every system in the world.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    tbh i just think driving should be held to a higher standard in general. too many people have licenses that completely suck at driving. not sure theres any good way to enforce it at this point, its just a broken system. as is basically every system in the world.
    A starting point would be making old people retest more often. Like when you hit 65 you retest every 3 years. Then when you hit 70 you have to retest every year. I think that would go a long way tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A starting point would be making old people retest more often. Like when you hit 65 you retest every 3 years. Then when you hit 70 you have to retest every year. I think that would go a long way tbh.
    Mah . Especially here in Tyler. Never in your life have you seen so many old mother ers behind the wheel of huge vehicles. The is most of them are well to do and if they were pulled over and had a name or some sort of pull around here(most of them do) the cops would just write them a warning and let them go. They would not give a if they lost their license. They would drive anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mother ing this. …they need to do the same with presidents, congressmen, judges. It’s insane that we can’t have some competency tests for older people. And nothing against them. We’ll all be there at some point. But to just ignore the fact that our mental faculties decrease as we get older is nuts. And it varies. But have some kind of standardized tests. We do this for everything else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    When I was 18 I couldnt reverse park worth . But after 15+ years of driving, how the can people not reverse park in one go? Seriously. Its like not knowing how to parallel park in one go. I reverse park every day for work bc our employee parking lot is filled with drivers who race down the lot and don’t care if they hit you.

I also agree with walking a bit and not waiting for a person. Like the extra 15 second walk is gonna hurt these mofos. most of these whales need the exercise anyways.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    When I was 18 I couldnt reverse park worth . But after 15+ years of driving, how the can people not reverse park in one go? Seriously. Its like not knowing how to parallel park in one go. I reverse park every day for work bc our employee parking lot is filled with drivers who race down the lot and don’t care if they hit you.

I also agree with walking a bit and not waiting for a person. Like the extra 15 second walk is gonna hurt these mofos. most of these whales need the exercise anyways.
    I often have to make a three or even five point turn. Can't be too careful.

Thread Information