Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3333
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh I still think the mostly likely scenario is Saric returning to form and the Suns keeping him for the season tax implications be damned.
    You do know who owns the Suns, right?

The Suns have paid a total of $11.3M in luxury tax payments in the last 20 years but nothing since 2009-2010, the tail end of their last contention window. That means Sarver might be willing to pay it this year because the Suns are still contenders, but I wouldn't call it a 100% chance.

Fun stat: the Warriors paid $170M in luxury tax this past season. Hot damn.

Other fun stat: the Lakers/Nets/Clippers combined for zero playoff wins and $226M in luxury tax payments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a followup to that last post, the more total tax that the big-spending teams pay, the more lucrative it is to get under the tax and get a share of that money. That would give Sarver (and other teams just above the tax) an even bigger incentive to get under it.

The Spurs holding their cap space to the trade deadline is a very real possibility imo. If a team finds itself above the tax but not in real contention, they might be willing to give assets to get a share of the tax payments.

I wish that chart had a column for projected 2022-2023 tax payments as things stand now. If I had Twitter I would ask him myself. He wrote this article and his Twitter link is at the bottom.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markdee...h=14812c0d432f

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do know who owns the Suns, right?

The Suns have paid a total of $11.3M in luxury tax payments in the last 20 years but nothing since 2009-2010, the tail end of their last contention window. That means Sarver might be willing to pay it this year because the Suns are still contenders, but I wouldn't call it a 100% chance.

Fun stat: the Warriors paid $170M in luxury tax this past season. Hot damn.

Other fun stat: the Lakers/Nets/Clippers combined for zero playoff wins and $226M in luxury tax payments.

Sarver will pay the tax minus Craig unless they implode. If they collapse that's a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh I still think the mostly likely scenario is Saric returning to form and the Suns keeping him for the season tax implications be damned.

They probably dump Torrey Craig at the deadline who's making 5.1 million this season. By the time the deadline rolls around most of his contract will be paid off with roughly two million left on his deal. It shouldn't cost much more than a second round pick to dump him.

Suns don't hurt their win now window by dumping a good role player in Saric while still reducing the tax bill without attaching significant assets.
    You’re projecting your thinking on the situation, but Sarver is a cheap . He’ll dump contracts to get under the tax, whether now, or at the deadline. This is the team that failed to pick up their 2020 #10 overall lottery pick’s $4.7M option last summer. $4.7M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the love affair when he made the team. Now hes an evil a-hole who didn't really help the team at all. Guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
    Last year Murray was the top dog here, lets see what he does in Atlanta where he isn't top dog any more. I don't think Trey Young gives up that spot. You're right the truth lies somewhere in the middle and by next may, we'll know for sure.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year Murray was the top dog here, lets see what he does in Atlanta where he isn't top dog any more. I don't think Trey Young gives up that spot. You're right the truth lies somewhere in the middle and by next may, we'll know for sure.
    It will definitely be interesting. Dejounte Unchained could try to assume that he is the veteran leader having learned under Pop, the Big 3 and DDR...and I could see this rubbing others the wrong way. Or, he's just happy to be hitting the strip clubs and winning more games. Hard to tell. Trae Young doesn't seem like a Westbrick moron, but hey, maybe?, and so that dynamic has a lot of possible outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will definitely be interesting. Dejounte Unchained could try to assume that he is the veteran leader having learned under Pop, the Big 3 and DDR...and I could see this rubbing others the wrong way. Or, he's just happy to be hitting the strip clubs and winning more games. Hard to tell. Trae Young doesn't seem like a Westbrick moron, but hey, maybe?, and so that dynamic has a lot of possible outcomes.
    My opinion, and just my opinion is that I think DJM is going to take that leadership role a step back and try to mesh.
    Things may go great, but if they are losing I can see him thinking: Now I'm going to have to step up for the team and be the leader I am, and that might break things down even worse.

We'll never know until the games begin.

Intriguing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre and John Collins have been squabbling for 2 seasons. I’ve half wondered if ATL didn’t get DJ so they could cash out on Tre. Collins was an ACTUAL 21/10 guy before Tre arrived, and is now a 16/8 guy. I don’t think he got any worse.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre and John Collins have been squabbling for 2 seasons. I’ve half wondered if ATL didn’t get DJ so they could cash out on Tre. Collins was an ACTUAL 21/10 guy before Tre arrived, and is now a 16/8 guy. I don’t think he got any worse.
    That’s an interesting take. Trae Young seems like empty calories to me. He’s had enough time to be an anchor for a team and they have supporting talent but they can’t put it together. I’d trade Young if a good return was there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young is looking just like Damian Lillard at this point. As the HOTS he can get you a low playoff seed and the occasional fluke conference finals appearance, but he will never accept being the #1B let alone the #2 option he should be on a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem Atlanta has is that both Trae and Collins have flaws, and that will probably make a championship impossible for them. It's similar to the Donovan Mitc /Rudy Gobert pairing, or the old Atlanta teams built around Dominique Wilkins-- that'll get you in the playoffs, but the flaws are serious enough compared to the true difference makers that a le is nearly out of the question. I think viewing Collins as a legit 20/10 guy is questionable. He posted 21/10 for a team that went 20-47, but more like 17/7 for the Hawks when they have a winning record. In terms of impact, he's a lot closer to Aaron Gordon than he is to Tim Duncan, in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem Atlanta has is that both Trae and Collins have flaws, and that will probably make a championship impossible for them. It's similar to the Donovan Mitc /Rudy Gobert pairing, or the old Atlanta teams built around Dominique Wilkins-- that'll get you in the playoffs, but the flaws are serious enough compared to the true difference makers that a le is nearly out of the question. I think viewing Collins as a legit 20/10 guy is questionable. He posted 21/10 for a team that went 20-47, but more like 17/7 for the Hawks when they have a winning record. In terms of impact, he's a lot closer to Aaron Gordon than he is to Tim Duncan, in my opinion.
    He's not even close to Duncan, but far better than Gordon. Just his shooting alone lifts him way above Aaron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but I'd still say he's closer to Gordon than he is to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact: Gordon has never averaged 8 rebounds in a season. His career mark is 6.3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins didn’t deserve to start but deserved to be in the AS Game.

Also, he was easily the 3rd best player in the NBA Finals and has already surpassed Kawhi in scoring. He is a top 10 2 way NBA player. Better than every person on our roster.
    No, he didn't. The only reason he made it is because BTS or some other K-Pop group promoted him on social media for some reason.

He's fine in his role now, but don't let the Warriors hype fool you. He's not a top 10 anything.

same people who thought he got robbed not being named an allstar outright now saying he wasnt technically a real all star since he's no longer a spur
    Both can be true. He did get robbed because of what I said above, but he's also a guy who made an All-Star team out of cir stance more than a true All-Star.

It happens (see DeRozan making 5).

They got Murray to attempt to appease Young and the decline in Collins' (irrelevant) counting stats are a product of the talent around him improving significantly.

That’s an interesting take. Trae Young seems like empty calories to me. He’s had enough time to be an anchor for a team and they have supporting talent but they can’t put it together. I’d trade Young if a good return was there.
    Trae Young is looking just like Damian Lillard at this point. As the HOTS he can get you a low playoff seed and the occasional fluke conference finals appearance, but he will never accept being the #1B let alone the #2 option he should be on a contender.
    He's been in the league for 4 seasons, on bad-decent teams, is still only 23 and has already led a team to the Conference Finals.

He's already a top 10 offensive player, but obviously building a championship contender around someone with his physical limitations is highly unlikely. Still, neither the Hawks nor him should concede that pursuit at this relatively early juncture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he didn't. The only reason he made it is because of BTS or some other K-Pop group promoted him on social media for some reason.

He's fine in his role now, but don't let the Warriors hype fool you. He's not a top 10 anything.

Both can be true. He did get robbed because of what I said above, but he's also a guy who made an All-Star team out of cir stance more than a true All-Star.

It happens (see DeRozan making 5).

They got Murray to attempt to appease Young and the decline in Collins' (irrelevant) counting stats are a product of the talent around him improving significantly.

He's been in the league for 4 seasons, on bad-decent teams, is still only 23 and has already led a team to the Conference Finals.

He's already a top 10 offensive player, but obviously building a championship contender around someone with his physical limitations is highly unlikely. Still, neither the Hawks nor him should concede that pursuit at this relatively early juncture.
    Holy fk you are annoying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy fk you are annoying

Wouldn't want facts to get in the way of the Toronto homer fan boying it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't want facts to get in the way of the Toronto homer fan boying it up.
    Massai is your daddy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massai is your daddy.

Thinking Wiggins is a legit All-Star caliber player is even worse than thinking Brown is a borderline superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My opinion, and just my opinion is that I think DJM is going to take that leadership role a step back and try to mesh.
    Things may go great, but if they are losing I can see him thinking: Now I'm going to have to step up for the team and be the leader I am, and that might break things down even worse.

We'll never know until the games begin.

Intriguing .
    We already know Young has temper, he showed it during the Knicks series, and we just discovered Murray can also be a . They keep saying they can’t wait to play with each other but if the beginning of the season doesn’t match Atlanta’s expectations, I can see those two creating a big mess…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already know Young has temper, he showed it during the Knicks series, and we just discovered Murray can also be a . They keep saying they can’t wait to play with each other but if the beginning of the season doesn’t match Atlanta’s expectations, I can see those two creating a big mess…
    Very possible. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young is the best player for the Hawks since Dominique. They'll keep him. He'll be a top 10-15 player. Give them some nice playoff runs. They'll supermax him. They won't cash out on him. The coach will go if they fail this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agent G/F Joe Weiskamp is returning to the San Antonio Spurs on a two-year, $4.4 million deal, his agents Kyle McAlarney and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN.

Woj

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets and KD reach agreement to stay in Brooklyn

Shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets and KD reach agreement to stay in Brooklyn

Shams
    Hopefully he tears his ACL again for wasting everyones fking time.

Domino’s should start falling now which is good.

Thread Information