Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kleber just got 3yrs/33mm.

Zollins looking like a damn steal.
    Maxi is still more reliable in terms of health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good info, I'm high on Zollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxi is an interesting piece for sure but the price tag def puts Zollins into better perspective despite the health risk which I still say spurs aren't necessarily out of the setback window yet.

But zach looked solid and sturdy in his test mins last season should be good and if so tons of value there on a gamble and a long game bargain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxi is still more reliable in terms of health.
    Lol who cares. Both small contracts.

The brightest on Spurstalk moonlight as sports physicians and advanced NBA biomechanics analysts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kleber is significantly more valuable than Collins. He's the type that the counting stats will never do justice, but his malleability/versatility and archetype (rare big who can credibly play both the 4 and 5 on both sides of the ball in today's NBA) become even more valuable in the playoffs due to the lineup flexibility they provide.

MLE type money (as the cap rises) for his late prime seems fair.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-08-2022 at 04:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kleber is significantly more valuable than Collins. He's the type that the counting stats will never do justice, but his malleability/versatility and archetype (rare big who can credibly play both the 4 and 5 on both sides of the ball in today's NBA) become even more valuable in the playoffs due to the lineup flexibility they provide.

MLE type money (as the cap rises) for his late prime seems fair.
    Kleber is a fair deal. Zollins has the potential to look like a steal even if he can’t D up universally at the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Spurs cementing themselves as a bottom feeder in 2023 was much needed
    Yeah, that's not the depressing part though. Seeing other teams do it better* is the depressing part.

*Of course, we don't know how any of this will turn out... but it certainly appears that the Jazz, for example, are putting themselves in a better position that we are for the future. We are one ping-pong ball away from that changing though. Tall French kid plus a slew of future picks and all of a sudden things look must better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's not the depressing part though. Seeing other teams do it better* is the depressing part.

*Of course, we don't know how any of this will turn out... but it certainly appears that the Jazz, for example, are putting themselves in a better position that we are for the future. We are one ping-pong ball away from that changing though. Tall French kid plus a slew of future picks and all of a sudden things look must better.
    Firmly agree.

Losing games isn’t that depressing with a vision and strategic direction in place. Last year was a near goldilocks scenario where we played exciting and compe ive basketball and started the rebuild with dignity. We developed the youth. Come trade deadline it appeared Brian Wright’s chas y belt was removed when he flipped a culture guy like White for a nice return. Even though I would have liked to see them shut it down shortly after the AS game I understand why they hit the gas as other teams fell out of the race.

The depressing part to me is I’m still not confident PATFO will play the long game come March when others duck out of the playoff/play-in race stubborn PATFO will sacrifice draft positioning to make a run at the play-in.

It’s unsettling how much better other play-in teams like NO and Minny actually were. It makes sense for those teams to get their guys experience and fight. It doesn’t for us when we are fielding 10-15 role
    players and Keldon is the closest thing to an up and coming all-star type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Firmly agree.

Losing games isn’t that depressing with a vision and strategic direction in place. Last year was a near goldilocks scenario where we played exciting and compe ive basketball and started the rebuild with dignity. We developed the youth. Come trade deadline it appeared Brian Wright’s chas y belt was removed when he flipped a culture guy like White for a nice return. Even though I would have liked to see them shut it down shortly after the AS game I understand why they hit the gas as other teams fell out of the race.

The depressing part to me is I’m still not confident PATFO will play the long game come March when others duck out of the playoff/play-in race stubborn PATFO will sacrifice draft positioning to make a run at the play-in.

It’s unsettling how much better other play-in teams like NO and Minny actually were. It makes sense for those teams to get their guys experience and fight. It doesn’t for us when we are fielding 10-15 role
    players and Keldon is the closest thing to an up and coming all-star type player.
    And of course context in all this matters... of course the Jazz can put together a better rebuild because they had more assets to do it with... but that's ALSO the depressing part. We are rebuilding from a place of mediocrity that had been perpetuated since KL's departure. If on lottery day, Josh Primo was instead Evan Mobley or Jeremy Sochan was Paolo Banchero, then we'd be in a different place - but we didn't get that luck and instead got the fruits of a try hard, below average team on the treadmill.

There are two treadmills in this league, and I'm not sure which is worse.... the OKC treadmill, where you are just in forever tank mode... or the Spurs treadmill where you are just stuck on the bubble but still not actually ever compe ive. Both lead to the same place, but at least one comes with the false hope that a high draft pick that you suck at developing brings.

This isn't even to point fingers at anything we did or didn't do this offseason, it's just a reflection of where we are in this process. And it's depressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I know I’m a beating a dead horse but we could have started the rebuild from a much better position and choose not to because PATFO are stubborn and loving off of Tim Duncan’s legacy.

We also could have easily had MUCH better odds at a a potential cornerstone such as Mobley, Banchero but once again PATFO are too damn stubborn.

There is a very consistent theme here and it is PATFO’s stubbornness and lack of accountability these last 5 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve never been in a place of a rebuild so let’s give it a few years like the league average says it normally takes to turn it around Patience is a virtue…… these past 4 drafts have been very fruitful and now we must team build strategically.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win with vets in this league, very rarely does rookies / young players get you there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few 19 win seasons will get us that #1 pick lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have we used any of our 7 jillion dollars of cap space to acquire any assets yet?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win with vets in this league, very rarely does rookies / young players get you there.
    I mean, Robinson and Duncan definitely did, but that’s ahistorical, basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Robinson and Duncan definitely did, but that’s ahistorical, basically.
    that’s what we are hoping for. Lightning to strike a third time and again we get a top lottery pick and luck into the next Jesus Christ in basketball sneakers.

i know everybody is high on the French kid as the next superstar but I think we could be good drafting scooter or the guard out of Arkansas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say, anyone else actually targeting the Arkansas guard Nick Smith Jr?

Wembys body spooks me with his potential for injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win with Superstars, and small market teams have to draft them, meaning they’ll start young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You win with Superstars, and small market teams have to draft them, meaning they’ll start young.
    As I said above our four last drafts were fruitful…… was something unclear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said above our four last drafts were fruitful…… was something unclear?
    They were average at best. Too early to tell what our 2022 picks hold but first round picks the last 4 years:

2021: Primo: absolute reach who has shown little in the G-League or at the NBA level but atleast has a (growing) NBA body. Hopefully he can become a role player in this league, maybe more. D
    2020: Vassell: safe/fair pick with some upside. B
    Tre Jones: solid pick for a second rounder. A
    2019: Luka: another reach for an otherwise second rounder. No matter who is to blame this pick flopped: F
    Keldon: solid pick but he also fell to the Spurs so there was some luck involved. Regardless great pick: A
    2018: Walker: fair pick for where he was taken. B

AVERAGE AT BEST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charania] The NBA and NBPA are still working to finalize the In Season Tournament concept, which includes to-be-determined prizes for the eight teams that advance to the single-elimination round, sources said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were average at best. Too early to tell what our 2022 picks hold but first round picks the last 4 years:

2021: Primo: absolute reach who has shown little in the G-League or at the NBA level but atleast has a (growing) NBA body. Hopefully he can become a role player in this league, maybe more. D
    2019: Luka: another reach for an otherwise second rounder. No matter who is to blame this pick flopped: F
    Keldon: solid pick but he also fell to the Spurs so there was some luck involved. Regardless great pick: A

AVERAGE AT BEST
    Hey big guy……2022-2019. Give it sec before placing thy foot in thy mouth����

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one knows how to build a team in the current climate. guys are all drafted raw. then if they do reach true all star level, it's hard to keep them. Do you really want to go balls to the wall and become Dallas or Atlanta? This is why i am being very patient with the team. Its so easy to go bad from here. The Front office might get desperate at any point, but you can't wait for ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AVERAGE AT BEST
    hindsight mother er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hindsight mother er
    By you saying this is hindsight you are indirectly agreeing they have been average over these 4 last years.

We are great at player development however the on going narrative that we are an elite drafting team is not supported by the period I commented on above.

Outside of Primo all of those picks made sense at the time (including swinging for the fences with Luka) but the end result thus far across those picks is an average grade.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-10-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Thread Information